Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

View media item 1541445
View media item 1541446
Sorry Blew....didnt take any pics once I broke out the knife. It was on like Donkey Kong. We have a few left over bug my big ass ain't moving off the couch again today unless its to smoke or go to bed!

Hook, one rack was my rub.....one rack was Famous Dave's rib rub. I was playing around with both. Both were great, but I have to give my nod of the hat to the Famous Dave's. First store bought rub that could hold a candle to mine. Now in my defense....the rack that I used my rub on was really thick and probably could have stayed on a bit longer. I am going to run a repeat run again to confirm.

You must have an Achilles heel somewhere............

Ribs look good. :drool:

Well that's a bit scary...I've been nowhere...and they were right! Joking aside...it is pretty scary how much info is out there on all of us. What we buy, where we shop, what we type, who we really are...My life is pretty boring truth be told. If anyone is truly interested...they won't find much value for the digging. Scary world we live in though.

Here is one that happened to me recently Lady G. Both Ms Stank and I gave up Facebook a while back but I check mine once a month or so to find out if anyone I know or served with has had any major life changes they want to share with me . Usually 5 minutes once a month and I am off FB. Well I was googling something cannabis related and then went on Facebook for one of my monthly checks. BAM! Recommended Facebook groups......all cannabis related stuff.

So that tells me that google talks directly to facebook regardless if I want it to or not.

We had one instance where our tablet was off and apparently one of us said something that activated the "ok google" voice thing that we have never ever used on any of the tablets in the house. Well low and behold, I picked up the tablet a bit after this occured and when I pressed the power button the screen showed a google search of the 'conversation' Ms Stank and I were having that set off the google feature. Man I hate technology sometimes.

I don't trust anything technology related.

Here is one that happened to me recently Lady G. Both Ms Stank and I gave up Facebook a while back but I check mine once a month or so to find out if anyone I know or served with has had any major life changes they want to share with me . Usually 5 minutes once a month and I am off FB. Well I was googling something cannabis related and then went on Facebook for one of my monthly checks. BAM! Recommended Facebook groups......all cannabis related stuff.

So that tells me that google talks directly to facebook regardless if I want it to or not.

We had one instance where our tablet was off and apparently one of us said something that activated the "ok google" voice thing that we have never ever used on any of the tablets in the house. Well low and behold, I picked up the tablet a bit after this occured and when I pressed the power button the screen showed a google search of the 'conversation' Ms Stank and I were having that set off the google feature. Man I hate technology sometimes.

I don't trust anything technology related.
Sadly I don't trust technology either. I see it getting away from us, and this power in the wrong hands could be worse than fiction.

I ordered a Ancestry DNA kit. My mother was adopted...I want to find out our heritage, but I mainly want to find out my history for medical reasons. From the rumors passed down to me, which are very interesting, I may have some interesting heritage.

I can't help but worry that all this DNA collected is a shit storm in the making...

I can certainly understand being interested in it in your situation, specifically for the health reasons. But for me and Ms Stank, we both share the same view of "Oh hell no...send my DNA to someone to have and do what with". Nope, not happening. The curiosity can't outweigh that "shit storm in the making" in our eyes.

View media item 1541445
View media item 1541446
Sorry Blew....didnt take any pics once I broke out the knife. It was on like Donkey Kong. We have a few left over bug my big ass ain't moving off the couch again today unless its to smoke or go to bed!

Hook, one rack was my rub.....one rack was Famous Dave's rib rub. I was playing around with both. Both were great, but I have to give my nod of the hat to the Famous Dave's. First store bought rub that could hold a candle to mine. Now in my defense....the rack that I used my rub on was really thick and probably could have stayed on a bit longer. I am going to run a repeat run again to confirm.
Competition ribs here bud ;)

Its a gorgeous weekend here. Temps dropped down a bit and the humidity plummeted (Thankfully). Decided to smoke some ribs this weekend to kick off BBQ season (a big deal around Stankville). Also got three more raised beds worked today with some great help from Ms Stank.

Anyways, thought I would share a pic or two of my latest endeavor......hope everyone is having a great weekend!

View media item 1541251
View media item 1541252
View media item 1541253
Yerrrrr them some big ribs. I worked on a building site a while ago and we always had a fire going. So I brought a pork shoulder in Id marinated overnight in a sauce of my own making (i use jd bbq sauce as a base but thats all Im telling you lol). Got my shovel first thing in the morning got a couple broken stone slabs boxed in the meat in tin foil, scraped some hot embers around it and then covered it. Every now and then id come by and top up the hot ambers or chuck a bit of wood on top to just let burn away. 5 hours later when it hit lunch time, she was fricking golden. When I opened the tin foil she broke apart lol.

Competition ribs here bud ;)

Thanks Killer. I will say that I will put my ribs up against anywhere I have eaten. Ms Stank won't order ribs out anymore.

Its funny, back when I was working.....I was always traveling the country. I would go to areas famous for their BBQ ( Carolinas, Tennessee, Texas, KC, and the south in general) and I would try to find some good BBQ places. Every time I would tell Ms Stank I was checking a place out, she would remind me "Now don't order the ribs, you know you are going to be disappointed. Just try something different."

Well being the stubborn male (or a guy just hoping to be pleasantly surprised by a joint that is supposed to be known for its ribs), I wouldn't always listen. 99.9% of the time I always regretted my decision to try a 25 dollar rack of ribs. Bad enough to be disappointed with sub par BBQ, but when you gotta pay 25 bucks to be disappointed.....well yeah I don't really care for that. There was a place near Murphy North Carolina that had ribs that were good enough that i would go back and eat there. Not better than mine......but the only place I have been to that I didn't mind spending 25 bucks for a full rack.

I don't order steaks when I go out, and I generally don't order seafood either. I hate spending money, usually a large chunk of money, on food that I can make at home AND that I can make better than they are charging me out the ass for. Why be disappointed and out a big chunk of change. So needless to say, I generally order food that I don't make at home.

We are pretty much the same person lol, I hate spending money on food and always disappointed in BBQ joints. My wife is spoiled to my good BBQ also she won't eat it anywhere else, so when we go out to eat it's always Mexican food restrauntso_O:confused:.. I'm soooo tired of eating it, please help.

:rofl:

Hope your having a great Sunday stanks. a bit of sun here on the derby farm with a bit of a hangover. Might have to bite the dog that bit me.
Sounds like you had a good time last night Derby! Been a while since I had that kind of hangover. I usually suffer from my canna capsule fog every morning, but that is easily broken with caffeine and a shower.

:thumb:Great looking ribs,
Thanks Killer. I will say that I will put my ribs up against anywhere I have eaten. Ms Stank won't order ribs out anymore.
I don't order steaks when I go out, and I generally don't order seafood either. I hate spending money, usually a large chunk of money, on food that I can make at home AND that I can make better than they are charging me out the ass for. Why be disappointed and out a big chunk of change. So needless to say, I generally order food that I don't make at home.
We are up with that, why spend so much $ on what you can prepare better and for less and in a comfortable settings without kids crying or the noise and commotion of a busy restaurant.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom