Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Clones look amazing. It'll be interesting to see the difference between the Stank soil and the mixes. And that NL has its major bush on!
The Blue Dream is the easiest strain I have cloned by far. Roots in 7 days....didn't even lose color on any of the leaves. I am not sure if Humboldts version is as easy to deal with but I will find out eventually LOL.

And this Northern Lights is something else. She has quickly turned into a tree. Not sure I can keep her in the veg tent for another 10 days LOL. She has her own mind!

I am wondering if there is something to this whole "autos aren't heavy feeders" thing. I know I am growing in soil but perhaps my soil is more suited to photos. Thats about the only thing I can think of. None of my photos have issues.....so its either poor genetics or my soil. I lean to a perhaps a bit of both.
You might be on to something. First time I ran auto's was in Subcools supersoil recipe. They had all kinds of issues. Leaves hooking, not praying, ect. At the same time I was also growing photos with no issues.

Do it, Newty! How long will you have to wait to grow it?
I was torn between 420 blue dream (because of yours) and humbolt but I got my grubby hands on some humbolt blue dream! She is in my All Sativa line up starting in August with @SamSmith :D

You might be on to something. First time I ran auto's was in Subcools supersoil recipe. They had all kinds of issues. Leaves hooking, not praying, ect. At the same time I was also growing photos with no issues.
I really think that the soil is the main cause of its relative 'unhappiness'. Bet they will do pretty will in vermi-composted soil with just some light amendments.

I really think that the soil is the main cause of its relative 'unhappiness'. Bet they will do pretty will in vermi-composted soil with just some light amendments.
An auto would definitely like the cooler soil. I'm running my photos up to a feeding of 1.7- 1.8 EC and my autos never got over 1 EC and I was getting some clawing and burnt tips on them. Little jack just can't use all that yummy goodness that you have in your Stank soil.

Quick Light update

I have been wondering how the Spydrx Plus will work in the warmer weather. Under my previous set up.....the Vipar and the Perfect sun, I would run a bit high in the summer time....even with the window AC unit.

Well we got warm yesterday.....town over next to us hit 91 degrees. House temps hit 80 degrees indoors so I decided to check what my temp range was yesterday. High only hit 81 in the tent. 1 degree over the ambient room temp!! Freaking awesome! Have I said how much I am loving this light!

I have the utmost confidence in the light this summer now!

Quick Light update

I have been wondering how the Spydrx Plus will work in the warmer weather. Under my previous set up.....the Vipar and the Perfect sun, I would run a bit high in the summer time....even with the window AC unit.

Well we got warm yesterday.....town over next to us hit 91 degrees. House temps hit 80 degrees indoors so I decided to check what my temp range was yesterday. High only hit 81 in the tent. 1 degree over the ambient room temp!! Freaking awesome! Have I said how much I am loving this light!

I have the utmost confidence in the light this summer now!
I've had 100deg days already, house at 78-80
That room faces east so gets blasted with morning-noon sun

My QBs have only been as high as 84 in the big tent, usually 81

I'm feeling the same excitement @Van Stank , I hit over 90 last year, can't see that happening now

i would have to agree on the cool soil for autos.... Not that ive run any, but the ruderalis is from russia, and i doubt the soil life is very active with little to no growing season... Thats how i would figure it in my brain anyways... Time for an experiment? Lol

that is awesome about your light van.... Just curious if anyone running timbers has similar experiences? Im not too worried about heat as i have to run our a/c in the house for the dogs... But it could possibly change my mind on what to purchase

Harlequin Flip Day 35, Day 27 With Hairs

Here's Ms Stank's girl....packing on the size and smelling great. Her smell changes across the spectrum. We get mango, bubblegum, papaya, and then today I was getting a tangerine/orange smell. I don't know what to think about her but damn she smells delicious.

She got about a gallon of ACT two nights ago and continues to be a picture of health. For anyone looking for an easy to grow CBD strain, this one definitely fits the bill.

That's a beautiful plant.

Mephisto has their own auto flower super soil mix. I have never looked at it but it may be a good idea to look at it to see how it compares to other super soils.
Well unless they put their ratios on their label, it will be tough to reverse engineer it. I was thinking of the next batch of soil that I make, I pull like 10 gallons and mix it a much lower amount of amendments.....like 50% and keep it around for future auto runs.

A good example is FoxFarm. I spoke with one of their reps about 6 months ago just going down my list of questions I had for them. When talking about their soil he told me to let seedlings hit their 4th or 5th node before putting them into their Ocean Forest soil. He said it can be a little hot. He said he doesn't recommend it for autos because their roots develop quicker then a photo and the OF can be too hot for such a young plant.

He did however say that autos love their Happy Frog line of soil as it has less stuff in it making it friendlier to less mature plants.

So I'm thinking you guys are on to something with the less hot soil.

Well unless they put their ratios on their label, it will be tough to reverse engineer it. I was thinking of the next batch of soil that I make, I pull like 10 gallons and mix it a much lower amount of amendments.....like 50% and keep it around for future auto runs.
This is true. i do not know if they actually sell the soil or just the recipe or if they let people have it. i have not had interest as I dont run autos at this point and the kit seems to work well for them anyways. I would run a few autos if I did not already have enough photos that take up all my slots.

Back
Top Bottom