Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

I grew up in Florida Duggs....no Hockey there when I lived there. Back before we got two pro teams. So wasn't a huge hockey fan. I grew up playing sports that were played in warmer weather with a ball. But damn it man, playoff hockey (or olympic hockey) is some good shit. Looks like a fun game to play.....but as someone that ain't ever put on a pair of skates before...I can only speculate!

I grew up in Florida Duggs....no Hockey there when I lived there. Back before we got two pro teams. So wasn't a huge hockey fan. I grew up playing sports that were played in warmer weather with a ball. But damn it man, playoff hockey (or olympic hockey) is some good shit. Looks like a fun game to play.....but as someone that ain't ever put on a pair of skates before...I can only speculate!
Oh...ok bud...its the coolest game on earth...as they say!
I grew up playing it...still play ol timers..and now (for the last 3 yrs) my youngest plays...going into peewee next season. Im fi ding being behind the bench with the kids is fun...helped coach (am ''trainer' now)for those last 3 yrs.
Love the game!cheers Van.

Well lets see....my old man was in the Air Force, stationed at Eglin until I was 7, then we moved to Pensacola for about 6 years. Then we moved down to the Space Coast area after he got hired at the Space Center. Then moved from there when I joined the Corps at 18.

Growing up my favorite players were Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr, Ed Westfall, Derek Sanderson. And living in upstate NY I was not popular with my Ranger loving friends. They quickly became Islanders fans in 1980.....LOL

Growing up my favorite players were Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr, Ed Westfall, Derek Sanderson. And living in upstate NY I was not popular with my Ranger loving friends. They quickly became Islanders fans in 1980.....LOL
I was a Flyer fan watching hockey as a kid.

Yes...me too...Big #4 and Bruin fan. Lost interest somewhat after Bobby left the game.Broke my heart. Yrs. Later i became a Red Wing fan after Scotty B. took over the team. Now another one of my heros has left the Wings....#13 Pavel Datsyuk. Absolute best hands ever to touch a puck...so happy i got to watch him work his magic all those yrs. Love watching his highlights.....just an amazing player....also like hearing what other greats say about him. Now Detroit has no Lidstrom...and no Datsyuk...bahhhhh...pfft!

Ditto. Grew up a Bruins fan and ended up a Rangers fan. Also a Blue Jackets season ticket holder for their first 5 seasons. Played travel hockey and soccer for years. Broke my leg as a senior in high school and that was about it until my son started playing. Coached him from mites ( 4-5 year olds) thru high school. My ankle is also fused together but I would skate every day until after he graduated.

Born & Raised in Chicago... Blackhawks fan from birth!

Yup, they had some great teams too, remember , as a boy watching Bobby Hull and Stan , the man Makita...great stuff. Playin road hockey every friggen day...no matter the weather, good times eh 9mm. Cheers .:passitleft:Oh, and , welcome to my journal sir!:high-five:
Ditto. Grew up a Bruins fan and ended up a Rangers fan. Also a Blue Jackets season ticket holder for their first 5 seasons. Played travel hockey and soccer for years. Broke my leg as a senior in high school and that was about it until my son started playing. Coached him from mites ( 4-5 year olds) thru high school. My ankle is also fused together but I would skate every day until after he graduated.

Most excellent Derbs, sumpin i'm doin right now, with my youngest (had him when i was 48,...he's 11.)
Behind the bench with him as trainer this , past season and help run the drills at practice, nothing too hard, lots of fun with the boys. They love it...greatest game. You and me should sit and chat a while...puff some, ..laugh some...make friends...:passitleft:....Derbs, a pleasure sir!

Yup, they had some great teams too, remember , as a boy watching Bobby Hull and Stan , the man Makita...great stuff. Playin road hockey every friggen day...no matter the weather, good times eh 9mm. Cheers .:passitleft:Oh, and , welcome to my journal sir!:high-five:

Most excellent Derbs, sumpin i'm doin right now, with my youngest (had him when i was 48,...he's 11.)
Behind the bench with him as trainer this , past season and help run the drills at practice, nothing too hard, lots of fun with the boys. They love it...greatest game. You and me should sit and chat a while...puff some, ..laugh some...make friends...:passitleft:....Derbs, a pleasure sir!
Yeah, I've been stalking a few journals lately.... Funny how all the names are pretty familiar in every thread I follow.

Thanks for letting me hang...
-P

Would love to do that but with my job I get tested so I don't partake but love tipping a few adult beverages back with some of the best bs in the states.
And yes the Greatest of games is Hockey

Back
Top Bottom