Spike's Grow Room

Thx for the chime,I read if you over flower a female it can stress and put out male bananas and thats what I have,then it said I can repollinate her or some of same strain or her clone and I have her clone so Hoping.

I read the same thing a while back, I thunk you are on the right track spike

Thanks for the reps spike,I'm between grows and it's driving me nuts! At least I can come to 420 and talk about growing :blunt:

No, it happened in flower about 60 some days in. I got some new growth and then came the banana's. Oh well! That made me chop my other plant though so all's not lost.

Woodsman, I totally feel you on thinking balls are new growth.. I was almost sure 2 of my plants were male because of the type of growth that was forming at the node.. I've seen many many males so i figured I could pick it out.. Well, a few more days went by and there is a branch coming out of there.. It's insane as it already has way more nodes than normal.. I was inspecting the plants and you know how normally they have pairs of staggered nodes on each side, well this plant is growing 4 staggered nodes on each side instead of just 2.. It's a sight to see, but I'm praying these are ladies.. I'll have too much plant on my hands then with 8 ladies and 6 new babies coming up..

Spike, I know quite a bit about making fem seeds, although I've never tried it yet.. But you're on the right track..

This is how I view it..

A female that is over stressed after flowering will pop male flowers which contain pollen.. This pollen is special as it doesn't carry the male gene as it came from a female. You shouldn't pollinate the same plant with the pollen as it can pass the hermie traits that popped up in late flowering and give you unstable beans.. The best way of making the fem seeds is to take the pollen and use it on a stable female. The seeds produced here should only carry female genetics.. There are some exceptions to the rule as always, but that is the general way of doing it.

If anyone sees any errors in my explanation, don't hold back correcting me. I've never done this, I'm just going by what I've learned.

This is the gal I would pollinate to try for female seeds,she is the sister of the stressed female who is putting out male bananas.
HPIM2383_.jpg

Yea, I figure I may have some femd seeds from my female next to my hermi. I tried to grab all the balls and bananas on the hermi, but it's damn near impossible to get them all. I won't know if I was successful or not in trying to stop pollination of my fem, until after I harvest. The seeds from my hermi, I'll probably keep, but labeled, and separate from my other seeds stash. I figure one of these days I may want to try breeding, and creating femd seeds...

Thats what I'm trying just think if you could create female seeds on a regular schedule that would be sick.:cheer:
You are one step ahead of me my friend. You know the strain of your hermi. Me, it's a crap shoot. It was good bagseed, but I have no clue what it is. Since my girls have been flowering for 9 weeks, I figure it's a cross of indica, and sativa. But then again, maybe my lights aren't cutting it for flower. *shrug*

yeah I noticed that some strains are very sensitive and any nutes will burn them.. I've had others where you can give them 3x the recommended amount of nutes and they still beg for more.

What kind of problems are you running into bro?

Back
Top Bottom