Looking mint Mel crazy winds today though
Thanks TC!
Yeah. I always wonder if it affects photosynthesis much. It just seems like it would be harder with everything flipping around like that. But since it's using light which is literally moving at light speed...stoned thoughts.

Thanks TC!
Yeah. I always wonder if it affects photosynthesis much. It just seems like it would be harder with everything flipping around like that. But since it's using light which is literally moving at light speed...stoned thoughts.
That’s a interesting theory and you would think it work that way but I think genetics over time as overcome that in some sort of way

I've added in some horizontal supports to the bamboo stakes. This will strengthen them in case we get storms like last year, and it may make it possible to cover the plants later when they're in flower to keep the rain off of them. That really depends on how tall they get. If they break 180cm ( about six feet) that will make things a bit more difficult. So far I'd say it's 50/50 whether or not they get that tall. I'm betting Ebony will, but Jacinda and Donatra have a chance at staying lower.
I'm also starting to add shots of one of the shoots of each plant. It's a bit early, especially for Lucille, but I'd like to document how they progress through the transition this year. If I notice a bud form down low like I did last year I'll add it in too.
Space Grow 12 July 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker - day 94
Space Grow 12 July 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 12 July 2022 Lucille shoot.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper - day 92
Space Grow 12 July 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 12 July 2022 Jacinda shoot.jpg

Commander Donatra - day 87
Space Grow 12 July 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 12 July 2022 Donatra shoot.jpg

Ebony - day 77
Space Grow 12 July 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 12 July 2022 Ebony shoot.jpg

Nice plants as usual my friend. Those girls going to be large :passitleft:
Thanks!
I'm still hoping to keep them under the sightlines, lol!
That’s a interesting theory and you would think it work that way but I think genetics over time as overcome that in some sort of way
Probably, but it's one of those thoughts that just jump in when I'm high!
Running a tight crew Mel, looking great :bravo:
Thanks D!
Hope you like the shots of the shoots, Jacinda and Ebony do have some pistils if you zoom in!
Looking amazing my friend :woohoo: :headbanger: one day I will be unleashed into the wild instead of being stuck in the spare room :passitleft:
Thanks!
Looking forward to the time we'll all be free to grow outdoors!

Have a great day!

I've added in some horizontal supports to the bamboo stakes. This will strengthen them in case we get storms like last year, and it may make it possible to cover the plants later when they're in flower to keep the rain off of them. That really depends on how tall they get. If they break 180cm ( about six feet) that will make things a bit more difficult. So far I'd say it's 50/50 whether or not they get that tall. I'm betting Ebony will, but Jacinda and Donatra have a chance at staying lower.
I'm also starting to add shots of one of the shoots of each plant. It's a bit early, especially for Lucille, but I'd like to document how they progress through the transition this year. If I notice a bud form down low like I did last year I'll add it in too.
Space Grow 12 July 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker - day 94
Space Grow 12 July 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 12 July 2022 Lucille shoot.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper - day 92
Space Grow 12 July 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 12 July 2022 Jacinda shoot.jpg

Commander Donatra - day 87
Space Grow 12 July 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 12 July 2022 Donatra shoot.jpg

Ebony - day 77
Space Grow 12 July 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 12 July 2022 Ebony shoot.jpg

Thanks!
I'm still hoping to keep them under the sightlines, lol!

Probably, but it's one of those thoughts that just jump in when I'm high!

Thanks D!
Hope you like the shots of the shoots, Jacinda and Ebony do have some pistils if you zoom in!

Thanks!
Looking forward to the time we'll all be free to grow outdoors!

Have a great day!
Hey Melville :ciao:
Hope your well my friend.
Your training is comming along nicely.
You can keep them flat and under 6 feet if you have the space horizontally.
6" mesh steaked out over top.
Otherwise your going to have a problem, because they are growing like crazy. :rofl:
Hope you keep getting lots of sunshine. :yahoo:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

I forgot to take a pic of Lucille's shoot today, which isn't really a problem because there's nothing there yet. And the pic of her is blurry. I'm going to have to find a better angle to take pics from.
Jacinda seems to have just started to stretch. All her growth tips seem to have put on a few cm overnight. I might just be seeing what I want to see, I'll confirm it by looking at the pics of the last few days side by side, but I think I'll take a page from other's books and start recording how tall they are with a tape measure, from the surface of the soil to the tallest shoot.
That's for tomorrow though.
Space Grow 13 July 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker - day 95
Space Grow 13 July 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper - day 93
Space Grow 13 July 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 13 July 2022 Jacinda shoot.jpg

Commander Donatra - day 88
Space Grow 13 July 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 13 July 2022 Donatra shoot.jpg

Ebony - day 78
Space Grow 13 July 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 13 July 2022 Ebony shoot.jpg

Hey Melville :ciao:
Hope your well my friend.
Your training is comming along nicely.
You can keep them flat and under 6 feet if you have the space horizontally.
6" mesh steaked out over top.
Otherwise your going to have a problem, because they are growing like crazy. :rofl:
Hope you keep getting lots of sunshine. :yahoo:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284
Thanks Bill!
Yeah, lol. I'm used to missing my goals outdoors. Won't be much longer till the stretch though, so let's see how much they grow over the next couple of weeks!
They're looking terrific Melville! What size pots are those?

Beautifully boring! :bravo:
Thanks Shed!
Those are 7 gallon Vivosun pots. When I searched for them a couple of years ago I used litres, and these came up with the size in metric. I opened the package and the little tags on the side were in gallons, lol.
Great work Mel, they all look awesome. I be waiting to see those buds start stacking up.
:popcorn:
Thanks D!
We're getting close! Usually I see the first buds in just over 2 weeks, but Jacinda is looking like she might want to go a bit early!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great evening!

Bit busy today, so I've got to drop these and run.
Just going to point out that the pic from Lucille is showing the dowel bending, lol. I'm not sure why it hasn't broken yet.
Space Grow 15 July 2022.jpg

Yeah, the light's bad. I couldn't take pics in the morning.

Lucille Skywalker - day 97
Space Grow 15 July 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper - day 95
Space Grow 15 July 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra - day 90
Space Grow 15 July 2022 Donatra.jpg

Ebony - day 80
Space Grow 15 July 2022 Ebony.jpg

Have a great day everyone!

Beautiful as ever Mel. Looking at that close up of the trunk and branches leads me to wonder how you prepare the plants for training. Do you remove the lower branches and top the main?

Beautiful as ever Mel. Looking at that close up of the trunk and branches leads me to wonder how you prepare the plants for training. Do you remove the lower branches and top the main?
Thanks Carmen!
I do top the main stem, and I make a judgement call on where to top by looking at the lower branches to see which look like they are vigorous enough to make it to the canopy.
I like to have four nodes of branches to start with, rather than the four of a traditional quadline. I get to bend the bottom ones out to fill some spaces earlier.
I call it octolining :)
That looks awesome! Its probably gonna doble in size.
:bravo:
Thanks D!
I have string, gardening wire, and tent pegs ready to gently pull her branches a bit farther apart during flower!

I can see cinnamon on the oatmeal Mel, but I'll take a pass on the coffee today thanks. :laughtwo:
The girls are in perfect form today!
Thanks!
Yeah, I like to add an occasional sprinkle of cinnamon to my coffee. It helped me kick the sugar habit and now I can taste the coffee again. The salty garlic chili powder is for the oatmeal, lol. Really strange how it can go either sweet or savory so well.
Next step is experimenting with decarbed kief added to the cinnamon!
Duuuude that must have been a spicy awakening :D
Lol, no kidding!
Those are flavours that do not go well!
oh cool... do you have a bit I can read about the method, Mel?
Yes I do! It's earlier in this journal, and the post is here!
I'll get my thoughts together and actually do a write up on exactly why I do things the way I do if anyone is interested. Maybe do it as a different thread and put a link in my sig.

Thanks!
Yeah, I like to add an occasional sprinkle of cinnamon to my coffee. It helped me kick the sugar habit and now I can taste the coffee again. The salty garlic chili powder is for the oatmeal, lol. Really strange how it can go either sweet or savory so well.
Next step is experimenting with decarbed kief added to the cinnamon!

Lol, no kidding!
Those are flavours that do not go well!

Yes I do! It's earlier in this journal, and the post is here!
I'll get my thoughts together and actually do a write up on exactly why I do things the way I do if anyone is interested. Maybe do it as a different thread and put a link in my sig.
Thank you Mel! Yes please do it as a different thread, that would be great cuz tutorials can get lost in busy journals :)

Back
Top Bottom