... rabbit hole... what exquisite creatures
I never kill my caterpillars. I just pull them off and throw them in my garden.

I pulled a caterpillar the size of your finger off Maya. It was the greenest crawler I’d ever seen! Made me wonder if it would one day be a butterfly.

The only thing I actively kill is the spider mites and those white little things.

Remembered to take out a wine bottle for scale, but I can't leave it out there as it's not empty (yet).
I know the pic of Lucille is terrible, but it was even worse before I used the photo editing software that came with the computer to fix it up a bit. I'll do better tomorrow.
Space Grow 07 July 2022.jpg

Lucille - day 89
Space Grow 07 July 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper - day 87
Space Grow 07 July 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra - day 82
Space Grow 07 July 2022 Donatra.jpg

Ebony - day 72
Space Grow 07 July 2022 Ebony.jpg

Thanks man! Really appreciate it!

Have a great day everyone!
I think they look just fabulous:)

And thanks for the scale wine bottle. I can really visualise size.

They are monsters!

I never kill my caterpillars. I just pull them off and throw them in my garden.

I pulled a caterpillar the size of your finger off Maya. It was the greenest crawler I’d ever seen! Made me wonder if it would one day be a butterfly.

The only thing I actively kill is the spider mites and those white little things.
I don't kill all of them, but around here the hairy ones can be bad to touch. Not Australian bad, it won't kill you, but not good.
I think they look just fabulous:)

And thanks for the scale wine bottle. I can really visualise size.

They are monsters!
Thanks Tra!
Looks like I might miss my goal of keeping them below the fence, lol!

Remembered to take out a wine bottle for scale, but I can't leave it out there as it's not empty (yet).
I know the pic of Lucille is terrible, but it was even worse before I used the photo editing software that came with the computer to fix it up a bit. I'll do better tomorrow.
Space Grow 07 July 2022.jpg

Lucille - day 89
Space Grow 07 July 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper - day 87
Space Grow 07 July 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra - day 82
Space Grow 07 July 2022 Donatra.jpg

Ebony - day 72
Space Grow 07 July 2022 Ebony.jpg

Thanks man! Really appreciate it!

Have a great day everyone!
Looking good Mel had to take a second look at the picture you were talking about just moved before the shutter stopped?

Looking good Mel had to take a second look at the picture you were talking about just moved before the shutter stopped?
I'm not sure. It was in the morning before my first coffee. I go out there first thing to empty the earwig traps.

Due to the internet outage yesterday I wasn't able to put these up, so I'll do it now. Except for Lucille, today's pics have somehow disappeared. I'll take new ones in a bit if I can't find them.
Space Grow 08 July 2022 .jpg

Lucille Skywalker - day 90
Space Grow 08 July 2022 Lucille.jpg

and day 91
Space Grow 09 July 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper - day 88
Space Grow 08 July 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra - day 83
Space Grow 08 July 2022 Donatra.jpg

Ebony - day 73
Space Grow 08 July 2022 Ebony.jpg

Ear wigs >.< at my old house our tree was infected with them it was straight out of a horror movie
Yeah, they're pretty evil looking, aren't they?
In The Orchard where I grew up, we used to pick them off and feed them to the chickens
Free food!
The hornets around here usually do a number on the caterpillars, but this past winter must have been pretty hard on them or something. Most years I would see a bunch patrolling my plants every time I went out there, but this year I haven't even seen one.
The fireflies are still there though. Put on a nice show every night, and they're predators, so they're keeping most of the small bugs off Lucille. For some reason they love spending the day in the plants I have in the ground every year.

Have a great day!

Consistent and solid Mel, they look sooo nice. :high-five:

Any update on preflowers ?
Thanks D!
They're still there, and have been getting more numerous on Jacinda, but not yet at the point where I would call it the start of flower. Donatra has started some too now. Ebony is still putting some out at every node, but again nothing that I would consider the start of blooming.
Lucille doesn't have any at all, at least as far as I've noticed.

Thanks D!
They're still there, and have been getting more numerous on Jacinda, but not yet at the point where I would call it the start of flower. Donatra has started some too now. Ebony is still putting some out at every node, but again nothing that I would consider the start of blooming.
Lucille doesn't have any at all, at least as far as I've noticed.

yeah judging from the photos Jacinda seems to have more tops and also looks like a little ahead of the game (might flower earlier). :yummy:

Due to the internet outage yesterday I wasn't able to put these up, so I'll do it now. Except for Lucille, today's pics have somehow disappeared. I'll take new ones in a bit if I can't find them.

and day 91
Space Grow 09 July 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 08 July 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 08 July 2022 Donatra.jpg

Ebony - day 73
Space Grow 08 July 2022 Ebony.jpg

Free food!
The hornets around here usually do a number on the caterpillars, but this past winter must have been pretty hard on them or something. Most years I would see a bunch patrolling my plants every time I went out there, but this year I haven't even seen one.
The fireflies are still there though. Put on a nice show every night, and they're predators, so they're keeping most of the small bugs off Lucille. For some reason they love spending the day in the plants I have in the ground every year.

Have a great day!
I can’t wait to see the Colours on them when they start to flower going to be epic! The look doesn’t concern me it’s the name lol if I ever woke up to one of those in my ear RIP

In The Orchard where I grew up, we used to pick them off and feed them to the chickens
I love a good repurpose.

I’m just not a fan of killing things just for the sake of it. In fact I had to get rid of my yellow insect stick pads. I was absolutely traumatised by stuck geckos and spiders who were looking for the insects for dinner. Omg I still shudder at the thought of euthanising that super stuck gecko. My heart 😢

#trama4lyf

Great plants, great pics :bravo:

Being hopeless at finding stuff I've seen, thanks also for labelling your photos so I can find them :cool:

and day 91

Ebony - day 73

Free food!

Have a great day!
Ebs still my fav :)

I have a bit of a theory mites prefer certain strains. I’m going to test it on my Mimosa EVO seed (if I can wake her), come September. I’m going to try and grow her exactly the same way as Mimmy, that’s is plant her after the first full moon while painted in red ochre dancing under the stars chanting Mother Naturey type chants.

When I say exactly the same way, I mean without those motherfucking mites! Lolllll

Not much going on here.
That's really a good thing.
Space Grow 10 July 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker - day 92
Space Grow 10 July 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper -day 90
Space Grow 10 July 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra - day 85
Space Grow 10 July 2022 Donatra.jpg

So, apparently I'm not allowed to load a pic of Ebony. I'm not sure what's going on.

It also wasn't letting me respond to comments,

yeah judging from the photos Jacinda seems to have more tops and also looks like a little ahead of the game (might flower earlier). :yummy:
She does seem to have responded to the training very well. I think her earlier open structure was really a help.
I can’t wait to see the Colours on them when they start to flower going to be epic! The look doesn’t concern me it’s the name lol if I ever woke up to one of those in my ear RIP
I'm hoping Black Amnesia Haze lives up to the name! Of the others only Lucille is likely to have much if any colour to her due to the Blueberry genetics. But it is exciting to find out! I'm also looking forward to the scents!
I love a good repurpose.

I’m just not a fan of killing things just for the sake of it. In fact I had to get rid of my yellow insect stick pads. I was absolutely traumatised by stuck geckos and spiders who were looking for the insects for dinner. Omg I still shudder at the thought of euthanising that super stuck gecko. My heart 😢

#trama4lyf
Honestly that sounded horrible when you told us about it.
Great plants, great pics :bravo:

Being hopeless at finding stuff I've seen, thanks also for labelling your photos so I can find them :cool:
Thanks!
I forgot to put their ages in tonight. Spotty internet and my edible combined to distract me!
I had to move to my tablet to post this!

I have a bit of a theory mites prefer certain strains. I’m going to test it on my Mimosa EVO seed (if I can wake her), come September. I’m going to try and grow her exactly the same way as Mimmy, that’s is plant her after the first full moon while painted in red ochre dancing under the stars chanting Mother Naturey type chants.

When I say exactly the same way, I mean without those motherfucking mites! Lolllll
Lol, I'd love to see a video of that!

Dammit, hit post instead of enter!

I'm sure she'll do awesome Tra!
And I'm hoping the mites spare us all!

To start off this post I have the pic of Ebony that I couldn't upload yesterday.
The preflowers on both Ebony and Jacinda are starting to increase, so they seem to be getting ready for the stretch. I hope they both transition to flower a little early so I can spread out the harvest days, but if not I have enough room for them to dry all at once.
Luckily Donatra isn't as far along putting out preflowers, and Lucille has pretty much just started.

Ebony - day 75
Space Grow 10 July 2022 Ebony.jpg

And on to today!

Space Grow 11 July 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker - day 93
Space Grow 11 July 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper - day 91
Space Grow 11 July 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra - day 86
Space Grow 11 July 2022 Donatra.jpg

Ebony - day 76
Space Grow 11 July 2022 Ebony.jpg

And that's it for today!
Hope you all have a great evening!

To start off this post I have the pic of Ebony that I couldn't upload yesterday.
The preflowers on both Ebony and Jacinda are starting to increase, so they seem to be getting ready for the stretch. I hope they both transition to flower a little early so I can spread out the harvest days, but if not I have enough room for them to dry all at once.
Luckily Donatra isn't as far along putting out preflowers, and Lucille has pretty much just started.

Ebony - day 75
Space Grow 10 July 2022 Ebony.jpg

And on to today!

Space Grow 11 July 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker - day 93
Space Grow 11 July 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper - day 91
Space Grow 11 July 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra - day 86
Space Grow 11 July 2022 Donatra.jpg

Ebony - day 76
Space Grow 11 July 2022 Ebony.jpg