Lol, came on here to update the journal then got distracted by notifications.
Windy day here today, but I mostly got some clear shots of the girls.
Nothing exciting going on here. They're drinking and feeding well, and really starting to bush out.
Donatra is going for huge fan leaves, while Jacinda is going for lots of them. Ebony is keeping to a more sativa structure, with large fan leaves well spaced out.
Space Grow 27 June 2022.jpg

Lucille - I was going to use the fotor app to take out the background, but I would need the paid version to do that. I have managed to keep my credit card number away from the g machine so far and I would like to keep it that way. I'll look for another option.
Space Grow 27 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 27 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 27 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 27 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 27 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 27 June 2022 Ebony a.jpg

Space Grow 27 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Your plants look great Mel, and they're tough! While I'm not a plant, I would wilt under some of the temps they're withstanding! :)
Thanks GDB!
As Dara O'Briain said, "The melting point of an Irishman is 25 degrees", so with my Irish blood it's pretty bad!
Happens to me often for some reason, I freeze here a lot

Me too Mel oh me too

I'm afraid of spiders :rolleyes:
I seem to have more issues on my tablet than I do on my computer. I think part of it is the touchscreen.
I love spiders...outdoors! I've always had a small ecosystem of predators around my plants keeping things at bay, but the earwigs start munching on the plants if there aren't enough bugs for them to eat, or enough spiders to eat them!
Solid grow so far Mel your plants look so happy and healthy, hey seems like an early flower season? :passitleft:
Thanks D!
I don't expect them to start the stretch until the last couple weeks of July, since that's when it usually starts here. But who knows? Maybe the wonky weather will make something unexpected happen. Still, the preflowers are pretty much right on time. The girls are letting me know they're ready for it when flowering season starts!

Have a great day everyone!

Nothing exciting going on here. They're drinking and feeding well, and really starting to bush out.
Donatra is going for huge fan leaves, while Jacinda is going for lots of them. Ebony is keeping to a more sativa structure, with large fan leaves well spaced out.

Lucille - I was going to use the fotor app to take out the background, but I would need the paid version to do that. I have managed to keep my credit card number away from the g machine so far and I would like to keep it that way. I'll look for another option.

Jacinda the Ripper

Commander Donatra

Ebony

Thanks GDB!
As Dara O'Briain said, "The melting point of an Irishman is 25 degrees", so with my Irish blood it's pretty bad!

I seem to have more issues on my tablet than I do on my computer. I think part of it is the touchscreen.
I love spiders...outdoors! I've always had a small ecosystem of predators around my plants keeping things at bay, but the earwigs start munching on the plants if there aren't enough bugs for them to eat, or enough spiders to eat them!

Thanks D!
I don't expect them to start the stretch until the last couple weeks of July, since that's when it usually starts here. But who knows? Maybe the wonky weather will make something unexpected happen. Still, the preflowers are pretty much right on time. The girls are letting me know they're ready for it when flowering season starts!

Donatra...in a class all her own.

And honestly, in my tents, I don't like to see anything but a ladybug or I get nervous!

Donatra...in a class all her own.

And honestly, in my tents, I don't like to see anything but a ladybug or I get nervous!
Nice and steady Mel, they look in great shape. Great job keeping them green.

Now I got a thing for Donatra, such beautiful leaves and really big too.

:green_heart:
She's my favourite!
Has been from the start!

Jacinda the Ripper

Commander Donatra

Ebony

Thanks GDB!

Thanks D!

Girls are looking great Mel ya little windy out ended up moving one of the plants as she was sitting on some wood didn’t want her tipping over. I think her roots are starting to go threw the fabric pot though she stuck to the wood when I picked her up

Meant to put these up earlier, but I got distracted.
Pretty good day today, not too hot, not too windy.
Space Grow 28 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 28 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 28 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 28 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 28 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 28 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 28 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 28 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Girls are looking great Mel ya little windy out ended up moving one of the plants as she was sitting on some wood didn’t want her tipping over. I think her roots are starting to go threw the fabric pot though she stuck to the wood when I picked her up
Yeah, if there isn't any airflow under there the roots will grow through. Some people take advantage of that and put the fabric pots right on the ground. You get the advantage of quality soil in your pot, and the big root system of a plant in the ground reducing nute and watering requirements. Adds stability to the pot as well so it won't blow over, and a bigger root system leads to a bigger plant.
Don't really understand why you wouldn't just dig a hole and fill it in with the good soil though.

Have a good evening!

Meant to put these up earlier, but I got distracted.
Pretty good day today, not too hot, not too windy.
Space Grow 28 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 28 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 28 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 28 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 28 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 28 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 28 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 28 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Yeah, if there isn't any airflow under there the roots will grow through. Some people take advantage of that and put the fabric pots right on the ground. You get the advantage of quality soil in your pot, and the big root system of a plant in the ground reducing nute and watering requirements. Adds stability to the pot as well so it won't blow over, and a bigger root system leads to a bigger plant.
Don't really understand why you wouldn't just dig a hole and fill it in with the good soil though.

Have a good evening!
I agree unless your trying to increase mass without increasing pot size if that would even work for myself it was a happy accident but I also don’t really have anywhere to put it kind of tempted to bring it down when I get the fans setup but i might leave It outside what sucks though is I can’t get any good light cause the tree is blocking the way

Having a fairly good day today. Had some rain earlier, but the sun came out long enough for me to get some pics.
Lucille has decided she's had enough of the training, and has sent up two main shoots from the end of one of the dowels. It's too late to top her, so I'm responding by removing the farthest out hooks, and the wire on the end of the other dowel. That should let the other shoots go up about 15cm to catch up to the mains.
I did try the method @Carcass has in his thread, pinching the stem to bruise it causing it to slow down a bit. I think I did it wrong because the stem actually grew a little faster, and one of the side branches starting on that shoot really put on a growth spurt.
I also finally remembered to put in an object for scale, though I'll try to remember to bring a wine bottle out there for consistency, leave it between the plants.
Space Grow 29 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 29 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 29 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 29 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 29 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 29 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 29 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 29 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 29 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

And as promised, the pic for scale (hey, I never said I remembered immediately)
Space Grow 29 June 2022 Scale.jpg

I agree unless your trying to increase mass without increasing pot size if that would even work for myself it was a happy accident but I also don’t really have anywhere to put it kind of tempted to bring it down when I get the fans setup but i might leave It outside what sucks though is I can’t get any good light cause the tree is blocking the way
That sucks about the tree. The light doesn't get around it at any time of day? My neighbour the the east has trees (too close to the fence) and they do block some light during the day, but I get several hours of direct light on either side of noon.

Having a fairly good day today. Had some rain earlier, but the sun came out long enough for me to get some pics.
Lucille has decided she's had enough of the training, and has sent up two main shoots from the end of one of the dowels. It's too late to top her, so I'm responding by removing the farthest out hooks, and the wire on the end of the other dowel. That should let the other shoots go up about 15cm to catch up to the mains.
I did try the method @Carcass has in his thread, pinching the stem to bruise it causing it to slow down a bit. I think I did it wrong because the stem actually grew a little faster, and one of the side branches starting on that shoot really put on a growth spurt.
I also finally remembered to put in an object for scale, though I'll try to remember to bring a wine bottle out there for consistency, leave it between the plants.
Space Grow 29 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 29 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 29 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 29 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 29 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 29 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 29 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 29 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 29 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

And as promised, the pic for scale (hey, I never said I remembered immediately)
Space Grow 29 June 2022 Scale.jpg

That sucks about the tree. The light doesn't get around it at any time of day? My neighbour the the east has trees (too close to the fence) and they do block some light during the day, but I get several hours of direct light on either side of noon.
There is some hours of light normally morning time and afternoon is shady then from probably 3-4 until sun down it gets light

Great under control summer grow!

It's pinch, not tickle. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Lol, I pinched until I felt it crush, and a kind of crackle feeling. Like popping a bubble on bubblewrap, only it had rice Krispies in it.

Every time I upload pics these days I'm reminded that I need to spread new mulch down on the garden.
Space Grow 30 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 30 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 30 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

P.S. How is Skywalker not in the spellcheck dictionary?

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 30 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 30 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 30 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 30 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 30 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 30 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

There is some hours of light normally morning time and afternoon is shady then from probably 3-4 until sun down it gets light
That should be all right, although more would be better. My plants get a couple hours, then my neighbour's tree shades them until around 10, then they get direct sun until the shadow of the house puts them in shade. They never really stretch though, so it seems to be enough.
All the canopys look amazing Mel, :bravo:

and well if they break free of the training that can only mean they really really strong now. Hard work paying off :high-five:
Thanks!
Just need to keep those main tops from hogging all the hormones!
They were like what you want use to grow slower?! Nope time to stretch! sassy girls lol looks good Mel
:laugh:
I know exactly what you describing lol its a weird feeling, hoping the doesnt completly fall off after you release the fingers. :hmmmm:
I was wondering if it would flop right over when I let it go, or if the wind would knock it over, but aside from a bruise it's like it never happened.

Every time I upload pics these days I'm reminded that I need to spread new mulch down on the garden.
Space Grow 30 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 30 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 30 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

P.S. How is Skywalker not in the spellcheck dictionary?

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 30 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 30 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 30 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 30 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 30 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 30 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

That should be all right, although more would be better. My plants get a couple hours, then my neighbour's tree shades them until around 10, then they get direct sun until the shadow of the house puts them in shade. They never really stretch though, so it seems to be enough.

Thanks!
Just need to keep those main tops from hogging all the hormones!

:laugh:

I was wondering if it would flop right over when I let it go, or if the wind would knock it over, but aside from a bruise it's like it never happened.
Ya I was finding there was a little stretch on grand daddy when she was out there but otherwise it went alright just weird before there was 6-7 hours a day atleast of sun but as summer as taken it’s course it’s more shaded

So, there's something I haven't mentioned, and which you would not have noticed without looking very closely at the pics.
Donatra has been starting all of her leaves pretty strangely since she went outdoors. I decided that I would let it be and just keep an eye open for any problems or pest issues that could be causing it. Every set of leaves she started like this grew out of it, and are all healthy and normal now. I decided it was probably just a genetic quirk. She's still doing it now, and since I have nothing else to tell you guys today, I decided to put it up now.
Space Grow 01 July 2022 Donatra Leaves.jpg

Space Grow 01 July 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 01 July 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 01 July 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 01 July 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 01 July 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 01 July 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 01 July 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony