It's a trimmer sold by @VIVOSUN
Some people won't use them, but I tested one out on the last bit of my last outdoor harvest and it did a fair job of it. It does take off a little more than a hand trim does, but it collects it all in the bowl, and the trim collected there makes excellent ice-water hash.
I'm completely alone for trimming 4 outdoor plants, so a job that would otherwise take several days and a psychotic break takes a couple of hours.
I also don't need to pay as much attention to what I'm doing, so I can watch TV while trimming without losing fingers.
IMG_2022-06-15-14-28-49-285.jpg

It's 48cm across (19 inches) so a good amount of bud fits in there.
Oh that’s cool I’ll look into it and as much as I’m sure I can get help time it more my problem that might be perfect for me

Okay, so I have a decision to make regarding Lucille. She's getting to the point where I'll have to decide whether or not to continue trying to get her to fill in those central shoots. She just doesn't want to grow them out. I'm at the point where even the branches grown out along the dowels are as far as they can go. So, do I top them, or do I give up on the central shoots and release the branches from the dowels and remove the carhooks?
Or do I do both?
I'm leaning towards both.
What do you guys think?
Space Grow 16 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker - I also think I may need to give her nutes. I have never had a plant in the ground be smaller than the plants in the pots.
Space Grow 16 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 16 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 16 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 16 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 16 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 16 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Space Grow 16 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 16 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Oh that’s cool I’ll look into it and as much as I’m sure I can get help time it more my problem that might be perfect for me
Your plants are going to be a bit more spread out for harvest time, but it really does speed things up. All 4 of my plants are projected to finish fairly close to each other.

Have a great night everyone!

Okay, so I have a decision to make regarding Lucille. She's getting to the point where I'll have to decide whether or not to continue trying to get her to fill in those central shoots. She just doesn't want to grow them out. I'm at the point where even the branches grown out along the dowels are as far as they can go. So, do I top them, or do I give up on the central shoots and release the branches from the dowels and remove the carhooks?
Or do I do both?
I can't see a reason to untie it since it's got a nice flat canopy. But if you don't think the middle will amount to much then I'd trim out the slowest growth so it stops stealing hormones from what will be the top flowers. Then I would supercrop those outside tops into the middle to fill in the space you've created.
Lucille Skywalker - I also think I may need to give her nutes. I have never had a plant in the ground be smaller than the plants in the pots.
Since that plant isn't showing any deficiencies, it's not a lack of food that is making it smaller, it's genetics. You can't make a nice green plant grow faster with more nutes, you can just create toxicities and lockout.

I can't see a reason to untie it since it's got a nice flat canopy. But if you don't think the middle will amount to much then I'd trim out the slowest growth so it stops stealing hormones from what will be the top flowers. Then I would supercrop those outside tops into the middle to fill in the space you've created.

Since that plant isn't showing any deficiencies, it's not a lack of food that is making it smaller, it's genetics. You can't make a nice green plant grow faster with more nutes, you can just create toxicities and lockout.
I do plan to trim the growth that would have ended up as larf, when I get closer to flower. The reason I was thinking of topping her was to redistribute the growth hormones and maybe give the central shoots the kick in the pants they need to start growing up.
I'm thinking about removing the training because I'm remembering the DV this winter pulling the hooks out of the soil as she got stronger, but you're right, that might not happen here, so no need to address it unless it becomes an issue.

As for the feeding, I wasn't thinking that it would make her grow faster, but have you ever seen a plant in real life where there aren't any obvious signs of deficiencies, but that the growth is being limited by a lack of something?
That's the feeling I'm getting from her. It just feels like there's something off. It's hard to explain.

I won't be making any hasty decisions, but I just have a feeling there's something going on here that I'm missing.

Nope! I refer you to Liebig's law of the minimum, described hereby farside05.
Yes, that is actually what I was thinking.
That a nutrient has become scarce in that soil due to how many plants I have grown there, and that it's scarcity is slowing her down. That there is enough of it to allow her to continue growing, but not enough to allow her to do so quite as vigorously as I am used to.
Maybe I'm seeing problems that aren't really there. It's been a rough couple of weeks, and I'm a bit strung out.
As I said, I won't be making any rash decisions.
Thanks for your opinion.

My humble opinion;
All your phenos look amazing. Genetically all a part hence the difference in "growth", I second Shed on that being greatly to genetics. It wouldnt hurt a nutrient supplement, if you trust the process then trust the result.

Supercropping in any of its forms is always a good tool to amp your flower. But toping I feel takes a little longer to get back on its feet.

I would suggest pinching out the lower nodes and just leaving the fan leaf. Are you familiar with this training?
Anyways by pinching the weak nodes and leaving only the fan leaf, the bulk of energy and life juice passes up to the next node so if you pinch out 2 or 3 nodes that are small and you know wont give bud, you would be sending 2x or 3x the energy to the next node. In result extra juice and energy for the prime tops on the branch.

Keep the chin up, soon flowers come to the garden.

:green_heart:

Today's pics.
They needed to be fed again. 1.25g per litre MC, and Remo full line.
Space Grow 17 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 17 June 2022 Lucille .jpg

Space Grow 17 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 17 June 2022 Jacinda .jpg

Space Grow 17 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 17 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 17 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 17 June 2022 Ebony .jpg

Space Grow 17 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

I hope your plant gets better Mel and I hope you get a chance to rest and breath let me know if I can do anything brother
Thanks 12!
My humble opinion;
All your phenos look amazing. Genetically all a part hence the difference in "growth", I second Shed on that being greatly to genetics. It wouldnt hurt a nutrient supplement, if you trust the process then trust the result.

Supercropping in any of its forms is always a good tool to amp your flower. But toping I feel takes a little longer to get back on its feet.

I would suggest pinching out the lower nodes and just leaving the fan leaf. Are you familiar with this training?
Anyways by pinching the weak nodes and leaving only the fan leaf, the bulk of energy and life juice passes up to the next node so if you pinch out 2 or 3 nodes that are small and you know wont give bud, you would be sending 2x or 3x the energy to the next node. In result extra juice and energy for the prime tops on the branch.

Keep the chin up, soon flowers come to the garden.

:green_heart:
I am planning to clear out the larfy nodes after the stretch. I saw GDB doing what you're suggesting, and it looks like a good method.
Thanks for giving your opinion.

Today's pics.
They needed to be fed again. 1.25g per litre MC, and Remo full line.
Space Grow 17 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 17 June 2022 Lucille .jpg

Space Grow 17 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 17 June 2022 Jacinda .jpg

Space Grow 17 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 17 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 17 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 17 June 2022 Ebony .jpg

Space Grow 17 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Thanks 12!

I am planning to clear out the larfy nodes after the stretch. I saw GDB doing what you're suggesting, and it looks like a good method.
Thanks for giving your opinion.
No problem brother, how they handling the wind today? The ones I have outside are handling it mind you a tree branch almost fell on one of them

No problem brother, how they handling the wind today? The ones I have outside are handling it mind you a tree branch almost fell on one of them
Not too bad. They're supported enough that they won't tip over. Learned that lesson a while back. Luckily there aren't any trees near enough to drop a branch on them.
Neighbour across the street is going to loose one of his trees though. It's leaning further with every hard gust.

Going from a high of 31C to overnight temps near 10C made for some rather unhappy plants. They were all drooping a bit more than in these pics when I got up, but it's taking a while to warm up here.
Space Grow 18 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 18 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 18 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 18 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 18 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 18 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 18 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 18 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 18 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Have a great day!

Going from a high of 31C to overnight temps near 10C made for some rather unhappy plants. They were all drooping a bit more than in these pics when I got up, but it's taking a while to warm up here.

Lucille Skywalker

Jacinda the Ripper

Commander Donatra

Ebony

Have a great day!
Ya man went for a smoke last night was like shit is it fall already?

Lucille Skywalker

Jacinda the Ripper

Commander Donatra

Ebony

Have a great day!
Hey Mucker. :ciao:
Great work. :bravo:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Here we go, just two more days till the solstice!
Doesn't really feel like we're that far into veg!
Space Grow 19 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 19 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 19 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 19 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 19 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 19 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 19 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 19 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 19 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Ya man went for a smoke last night was like shit is it fall already?
Such a weird summer so far!
Hey Mucker. :ciao:
Great work. :bravo:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
Thanks Bill!
Looking great Mel, they seem not stress at all. Jacinda putting on a show with all those tops. The center growth is fiiling up very nice.

:thumb:
Thanks D!
I wish I had grown her strain sooner! It's hard to find seeds now though.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great evening!

Crew were thirsty this morning. MC and Remo, same as usual.
I've noticed that while all of them are nicely green, the plant getting the Remo is a different green. It might just be genetic, but I still find it interesting.
Space Grow 20 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 20 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 20 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 20 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 20 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 20 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 20 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 20 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 20 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Hi Mel :)

The girls look great! Nice green, nice training :)
Thanks Tra!

Hope you all have a great day!

So which ones are being fed Remo and which ones are being fed MC? Also, do you have to ph with Remo?

Back
Top Bottom