Thanks man my goal is to get on your level though I love your girls so organized
Thanks man!
But best advice I can give is to find what works best for you. There are growers on here doing the opposite of what I'm doing and killing it.
This grow just gets more and more interesting to watch Mel!

You seem to know exactly where you're going with things at all times. :nomo:
Thanks!
Hey, half my plants have gone according to plan so far! That's better than usual!
Shit I'm sorry I've been busy and slacking on others journals.... Mel your ladies look wonderful.... Such a beautiful green to... Keep up the good work.

Oh and awesome training on Lucille by the way....are you going for anything in particular or just training for light penetration?
No worries, jump in when you feel like it!
That, and I'd like to keep her shorter this year. There's a lot of potential attention from that direction and I'd like to minimize it if I can. She'll be tied down to the end of the dowels, and then left to grow up. She should hit the stretch around mid-July, so we'll see what she does in the next month and a half.
I'd also like to see some of the shoots near the centre start to grow up to become colas like they are with Jacinda. If they don't start soon I might have to top the main branches.

Thanks man!
But best advice I can give is to find what works best for you. There are growers on here doing the opposite of what I'm doing and killing it.

Thanks!
Hey, half my plants have gone according to plan so far! That's better than usual!

No worries, jump in when you feel like it!
That, and I'd like to keep her shorter this year. There's a lot of potential attention from that direction and I'd like to minimize it if I can. She'll be tied down to the end of the dowels, and then left to grow up. She should hit the stretch around mid-July, so we'll see what she does in the next month and a half.
I'd also like to see some of the shoots near the centre start to grow up to become colas like they are with Jacinda. If they don't start soon I might have to top the main branches.
Thanks man and I’m starting to find a grove did some light training on my auto today nothing huge just bending stems to where I’d like them to go but not tying anything down yet

I won't be taking pics first thing in the morning anymore. The lighting is all wrong, and there are too many shadows.
Gave them all a feeding today. Kept to the same concentrations of nutes (ie 1 gram per litre of MC) just upped the amount. Still don't need to water every day.
Space Grow 04 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 04 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 04 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 04 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 04 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 04 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 04 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 04 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 04 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Beautiful day out today. Not too hot, lots of sun!
Take it easy!

I won't be taking pics first thing in the morning anymore. The lighting is all wrong, and there are too many shadows.
Gave them all a feeding today. Kept to the same concentrations of nutes (ie 1 gram per litre of MC) just upped the amount. Still don't need to water every day.
Space Grow 04 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 04 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 04 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 04 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 04 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 04 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 04 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 04 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 04 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Beautiful day out today. Not too hot, lots of sun!
Take it easy!
Nice

Thanks!
Pictures are nice :hippy: but I know what you mean. Have you tried like 1 or 2 hours before sunset.?

I smoke a joint while I take pictures and end up doing like 40-50 at a time... :rofl:
I'll be taking them later in the morning. They're all in full sun around then.
In the evening they're in shade from a building just to the west.
Lol, if I take my vape with me I'll probably forget to take any pics at all!

Looking fantastic Mel. I really like the cubes and bamboo. That's a nice solution to supporting them outside. Do you plan on letting them get wider than the square?

The first of Ebony's side branches has caught up to the tops now, and are just taller than the dowel. I'm still going to try to get the other side branches up there, but it doesn't look like they'll get there soon. It shouldn't matter too much. She has a very open structure, and they'll still get plenty of light. Other than that not much has changed. They're all growing well, and I'm still thinking I'll be topping Lucille's main shoots to get the central ones growing.
Space Grow 05 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 05 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 05 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 05 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 05 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 05 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 05 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Space Grow 05 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 05 June 2022 Ebony 2.jpg

I'm going to have some bamboo sticks come flip time so I'm taking notes! Looks great Mel!
Thanks!
Looking fantastic Mel. I really like the cubes and bamboo. That's a nice solution to supporting them outside. Do you plan on letting them get wider than the square?
Thanks LK!
I am letting them get wider, and if they need support I can make a loop out of some gardening wire and use string to attach it to the bamboo stakes without pulling them up too tight to it. Leave them spread a bit for light penetration, but without the risk of them flopping right down to the ground. Donatra and Jacinda already have side branches being held out and down by the cubes.
Space Grow 05 June 2022 Donatra 2.jpg

The first of Ebony's side branches has caught up to the tops now, and are just taller than the dowel. I'm still going to try to get the other side branches up there, but it doesn't look like they'll get there soon. It shouldn't matter too much. She has a very open structure, and they'll still get plenty of light. Other than that not much has changed. They're all growing well, and I'm still thinking I'll be topping Lucille's main shoots to get the central ones growing.
Space Grow 05 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 05 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 05 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 05 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 05 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 05 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 05 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Space Grow 05 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 05 June 2022 Ebony 2.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks LK!
I am letting them get wider, and if they need support I can make a loop out of some gardening wire and use string to attach it to the bamboo stakes without pulling them up too tight to it. Leave them spread a bit for light penetration, but without the risk of them flopping right down to the ground. Donatra and Jacinda already have side branches being held out and down by the cubes.
Space Grow 05 June 2022 Donatra 2.jpg
Looking good Mel I tried the tying up thing and did it wrong but didn’t break anything this time lol I like your plants they are so chill

Such attention to detail, Mel! Such an interesting read! :thumb:

BTW, the plants look crazy good! :Rasta:

Sorry, no pics today, I was out of town from first thing in the morning until after the rain started.
Looking good Mel I tried the tying up thing and did it wrong but didn’t break anything this time lol I like your plants they are so chill
Thanks 12!
Such attention to detail, Mel! Such an interesting read! :thumb:

BTW, the plants look crazy good! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB! Hopefully they stay that way!
Killing it. :theband:

I really like the structure to train the plant. Its already filling up, such a positive response to training.

:popcorn:
Thanks D!
Some seem to take to it more than others! I've had a couple of sativa dom strains that fought me at every step!
This is the most structured grow I think I've ever witnessed! :welldone:
Thanks Shed!
This is my first grow to be so close to my original plan! I'm excited to see how it plays out!
Hi Mel

You have been busy! The girls look so great. You are absolutely nailing it!
Thanks Tra!
Hard to believe it's still just the first week of June! I love seeing them grow!

Sun came out, so I got some pics!
Seems like they're liking all the rain we're getting right now. At least I know they're getting a thorough watering every once in a while, get the roots to fill these pots.
Space Grow 07 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 07 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 07 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 07 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 07 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 07 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 07 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 07 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 07 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Hope you're all having a great day!

Beautiful day, sunny and not too hot!
I decided to start bringing Donatra's freshly rooted mini-me out to get her accustomed to the sunlight. She still has 11 finger leaves. Unusually for a topped plant Donatra is going back to 9 fingers on the leaves on her main branches. Maybe she'll get back to 11 too!
I bent Ebony's highest branch out a bit to even her out again, and used one of the bamboo stakes to keep it there. She's starting to bush out a bit on the lower parts of her branches too. I'm thinking I may have to prune her aggressively before the stretch to keep her under the fence line.
Space Grow 08 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 08 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 08 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 08 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 08 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 08 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 08 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 08 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 08 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Stunning looking plants Mel :bravo:

That Ebony already outgrowing the cage :morenutes:

The rain did wonders this past weekend, ladies around my garden sure did like the deep watering.
Thanks!
Same here! I'm definitely going to have to feed them tomorrow though. Make sure not to get behind on that this grow. Last year there was so much rain in September any feeding I gave them just got washed out a few hours later.

Thanks for dropping by, and have a great day!

Beautiful ladies Mel. How much longer do you expect them to veg before the stretch? If you have height restrictions, you may have to move them further apart to keep them low.

Beautiful day, sunny and not too hot!
I decided to start bringing Donatra's freshly rooted mini-me out to get her accustomed to the sunlight. She still has 11 finger leaves. Unusually for a topped plant Donatra is going back to 9 fingers on the leaves on her main branches. Maybe she'll get back to 11 too!
I bent Ebony's highest branch out a bit to even her out again, and used one of the bamboo stakes to keep it there. She's starting to bush out a bit on the lower parts of her branches too. I'm thinking I may have to prune her aggressively before the stretch to keep her under the fence line.
Space Grow 08 June 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 08 June 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 08 June 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 08 June 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 08 June 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 08 June 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 08 June 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 08 June 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 08 June 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Thanks!
Same here! I'm definitely going to have to feed them tomorrow though. Make sure not to get behind on that this grow. Last year there was so much rain in September any feeding I gave them just got washed out a few hours later.

Thanks for dropping by, and have a great day!

I feel ya on that, so much rain just washes the nutrients. I tend to give mine a feed every time I do a training this way if they have needs they can source it from the ground and not from the plants reserve.

Your training style looks amazing. :thumb:

I can see here the main branch horizontal and all the nodes will shoot up and become a "main" cola.
1654711373146.png

Back
Top Bottom