Lovely, Mel!

You have a good weekend too. :Rasta:
Thanks GDB!
Ah so those are all bamboo wow I’m thinking about starting so lst on my auto since I topped my auto probably would be a good idea

Reason for Edit : My phone is weird and thinks I’m trying to top myself nope apple I can’t grow limbs back like a plant
Yep, bamboo skewers for now, then 6 foot bamboo stakes as supports and attachment points for the dowels soon.
Lol, you should see some of the autocorrect suggestions I get.
I will after seeing all those happy green plants!
:)
Im a fan of this kind of training. :thumb:

gonna stay tunned and see the work unfold.
Welcome aboard!

Thanks GDB!

Yep, bamboo skewers for now, then 6 foot bamboo stakes as supports and attachment points for the dowels soon.
Lol, you should see some of the autocorrect suggestions I get.

:)

Welcome aboard!
Yes sir it’s crazy lol hilarious to see some of the sentences it tries to make lmao

I'm still having trouble taking clear side pics of Lucille. I'm posting one of the blurry ones this time so you can see why I don't usually post them. Things are proceeding fairly well so far. Just a little bug damage to a leaf or two.
I'm thinking it might be time to remove the top fan leaves from Donatra. I'm tucking them back under the side shoots every morning, but they still end up covering them. I'll give it a bit of thought.
Space Grow 29 May 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 29 May 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 29 May 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper - the central growth from the nodes on the horizontal branches is starting to show signs of taking off. It'll be good to see that happening soon.
Space Grow 29 May 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 29 May 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 29 May 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 29 May 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 29 May 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 29 May 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

Time to relax and have an edible. Night all!

Jacinda's central shoots are now showing more growth, and Ebony's lower growth is finally starting to catch up to her upper branches. Tomorrow is the day to set up the support structures around them, get the bamboo stakes set up.
Space Grow 30 May 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 30 May 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 30 May 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 30 May 2022 Jacinda shoots.jpg

Space Grow 30 May 2022 Jacinda 2.jpg

Space Grow 30 May 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 30 May 2022 Donatra 2.jpg

Space Grow 30 May 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 30 May 2022 Ebony 2.jpg

Space Grow 30 May 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

That's it for tonight, have a good one!

Jacinda's central shoots are now showing more growth, and Ebony's lower growth is finally starting to catch up to her upper branches. Tomorrow is the day to set up the support structures around them, get the bamboo stakes set up.
Space Grow 30 May 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 30 May 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 30 May 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 30 May 2022 Jacinda shoots.jpg

Space Grow 30 May 2022 Jacinda 2.jpg

Space Grow 30 May 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 30 May 2022 Donatra 2.jpg

Space Grow 30 May 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 30 May 2022 Ebony 2.jpg

Space Grow 30 May 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

That's it for tonight, have a good one!

Lovely :circle-of-love:

Its like cannabis on acupuncture. Great training. Any specific reason for choising this layout for the plants?

Lovely :circle-of-love:

Its like cannabis on acupuncture. Great training. Any specific reason for choising this layout for the plants?
Thanks Dani!
You mean octolining? When I have enough veg time this usually gets me plenty of tops without the plants getting too tall. I like to keep the plants lower than the top of the fence.
I don't like feeling like there's a big bullseye on my yard when the plants get taller.

Thanks Dani!
You mean octolining? When I have enough veg time this usually gets me plenty of tops without the plants getting too tall. I like to keep the plants lower than the top of the fence.
I don't like feeling like there's a big bullseye on my yard when the plants get taller.

I totally know what you mean. Neighbors like to see what we grow each year :laugh:

Octolining nice, I've seen some mainlining before. How does Octolining start by toping 2 times? Anyways Im following till the end looking forward to seeing it.

I totally know what you mean. Neighbors like to see what we grow each year :laugh:

Octolining nice, I've seen some mainlining before. How does Octolining start by toping 2 times? Anyways Im following till the end looking forward to seeing it.
Neighbours on both sides grow, but I've been visited by rippers before, so I'm trying to keep them a bit lower these days.
I top them once after deciding whether or not to keep the lowest node. Sometimes the branches there have some vigor, but if not I trim them off.
Then I top the plant so there are 4 nodes, and use the hooks @Carcass designed to spread the branches, training the lowest two into the gaps.
Sometimes I top the ends of the branches if it looks like the central nodes aren't going to fill in, but it's usually not necessary.
I used to use bulldog clips on the edge of the pot to spread the branches, but the hooks work a lot better.

Going to be a bit of a busy day today, getting the supports ready and securing the dowels, so I nipped out while the sun was out to take today's pics.
Space Grow 31 May 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker - I'm going to have to decide how much further I want to spread her base out.
Space Grow 31 May 2022 Lucille.jpg

I'll add something for scale in the next set of pics
Space Grow 31 May 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 31 May 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 31 May 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra - I am really happy with her growth right now!
Space Grow 31 May 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 31 May 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony - I secured her top shoots to the skewer, but this is as far as I can go on that. I'll need to get those dowels on.
Space Grow 31 May 2022 Ebony.jpg

I feel like I'm seeing things. Does anyone else see a blue tinge to one or two of the leaves?
Space Grow 31 May 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

I fed them today too. 1 gram per Litre of MC, and one of them got week 3 dosage of @Remo Nutrients veg stage. I am happy with both right now.

Thanks for looking in!

They all look great, Mel!

And now I completely understand why you're so fond of the Commander. She's beastly!

Looking forward to whatever kind of erection you're about to conduct. (Did that come out right?) :Rasta:

Your girls look good, Mel although they look a little pale in the middle. Is that your camera or is it time to add Cal-Mag or bump the MC up a bit?

when you see the waxy lush bright green on the leaves :thumb: you know they are loving it.

they look amazing
:smokin:
Thanks Dani! Love the way they're growing so far!
They all look great, Mel!

And now I completely understand why you're so fond of the Commander. She's beastly!

Looking forward to whatever kind of erection you're about to conduct. (Did that come out right?) :Rasta:
I think I know exactly what you mean, lol!
Thanks GDB!
Your girls look good, Mel although they look a little pale in the middle. Is that your camera or is it time to add Cal-Mag or bump the MC up a bit?
I think it's just rapid growth.
Lucille is just getting amended garden soil, and the others are getting two different types of nutes.
The Remo plant is getting calmag as part of her regular feed as I am following their feeding chart, and the other two seem happy when I go out and look at them.
The pale parts have been darkening as they grow.
I'll keep an eye on it though, thanks for the heads up!

So, stage one is partly complete. I'll have to tidy it up a little, but this should hold through the storm.
IMG_2022-05-31-18-23-09-996.jpg
heck, you could just continue to use the pvc frame and add too it as needed. Different lengths of pipe.
I've thought of using different lengths of pipe in my scrog set up to change it's height above the tray. It's just pushed together, not glued.

heck, you could just continue to use the pvc frame and add too it as needed. Different lengths of pipe.
I've thought of using different lengths of pipe in my scrog set up to change it's height above the tray. It's just pushed together, not glued.
It's actually parts of a cheap Chinese portable wardrobe. I would really prefer the upper part to have some flexibility, so I use the bamboo instead. It's also not quite as tall as the bamboo stakes.

Back
Top Bottom