Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

re: Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

Ladies look great! Louise looks to be practically cured of her cold. She might even like having a few of her leaves removed.

Thank you, Whitty. She seems to be bouncing back with a vigor thats as pleasing as it is surprising. :blushsmile:

No worries, no like you'd offend me over that mixup. There's so many strains out there, who can keep them straight?

I'd have fun with LST your SB, that's for sure!

This is my LST method if you haven't seen it: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience (Direct link to the LST post, not a shameless plug)

First I'd start working the two longest tops down. Great tops too, I freakin love 'em! I'd work those down over the course of a few days until they're lower than the other tops, which I wouldn't LST yet. I'd let it grow about a week, maintaining the same setup, biggest tops lower than all the other tops. Then I'd work my way down the plant, LST'ing each node below the two biggest tops to bring them level with the first two. After another few days to a week, I'd do the next two, and so on. I always put all my LST ribbons on at the same time, and then adjust them as needed as she grows.

But that's how I'd do it. Keep in mind that I like a short, but wide plant, with as even a canopy as possible to take advantage of as much light as possible, since I'm not using extremely powerful LEDs (150 w draw each, two lights, 7 square ft area)

I think once you start with the two biggest tops, and start working them down slowly, you'll see things that I can't in the pictures, and you can just let your creativity go wild, and make that LST project your own. As long as you're on 18/6 lighting, you can Veg her as long as you'd like, until you're totally happy with the plant you helped take shape, and then you can make that big switch to 12/12 and let her take care of the rest!

During stretch, I keep all my LST ties on the plant, just to maintain shape, not to make major adjustments, only minor changes, half inch here or there to keep things level. I leave the ties on eh. for maybe about a month or so after the switch to make sure she holds her shape, then start taking them off one at a time. If I release one and a branch goes way up above the canopy, I keep that one on until a later date.

But just have fun with it really, make it your own, train her with your own vision of how you'd like her to look, and be shaped like.

It's such a good smoke! I have such a hard time resisting going into the cure container and sneaking a few buds. There's nothing like a good Sativa to make you so happy that your eyes feel like they're puffed up and smiling for two hours straight.

Here's the strain at Herbies: ! World of Seeds Strawberry Blue Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds

75% Sativa, 25% Indica. I would totally grow this strain again. Well, I am lol. I'm on the 2nd generation now with two plants, and plan to clone her again as well. I freakin LLLLLOVE that strain.

But just go have fun with it! Enjoy yourself, and all aspects of the grow :thumb:

This was such an awesome post. Thank you very much.

The best I can tell, she has the top two main branches and then she has two other branches below that, but at the moment, thats all the branches I can see. Thats what I was thinking was to pull down the top two, let the others catch up, (and hopefully encourage a few more to start), then start bringing them down, too. Thank you.

As a follower of your journal, feel free to plug it whenever you like. Its a great journal. :blushsmile: Its funny and there is a lot to learn from it.

I am doing my flip very slowly, as I have to keep Thelma in mind. I know the light doesnt make a lot of difference to her, but I bet a 6 hour shock of extra dark might make her skip a beat, so Im increasing the darkness by 30 minutes each day until I get to the magical 12/12 ratio of light to dark. Give Louise a little extra time to veg and then she gets to start flowering too. I started that yesterday, so today it will be 17/7.

Im very excited to have examples of all three cannabis strains at once in my tent. haha Strawberry Blue - sativa dominant. THC Bomb Auto Indica dominant with ruderalis present. :blushsmile: Itll be great to try them out in such a way that I can choose which I prefer on a given day. Im liking how this is working out.

I was thinking earlier that as much as I like the fast grows of the autos, Im probably going to end up gravitating to photos because itll be easier to find sativa dominant strains to grow. Its my guess that I will like the sativa the best. Ill get to find out for sure soon.

Thank you very much for stopping in and keeping an eye on my lil lovelies. I appreciate it.

No worries, no like you'd offend me over that mixup. There's so many strains out there, who can keep them straight?

I'd have fun with LST your SB, that's for sure!

This is my LST method if you haven't seen it: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience (Direct link to the LST post, not a shameless plug)

First I'd start working the two longest tops down. Great tops too, I freakin love 'em! I'd work those down over the course of a few days until they're lower than the other tops, which I wouldn't LST yet. I'd let it grow about a week, maintaining the same setup, biggest tops lower than all the other tops. Then I'd work my way down the plant, LST'ing each node below the two biggest tops to bring them level with the first two. After another few days to a week, I'd do the next two, and so on. I always put all my LST ribbons on at the same time, and then adjust them as needed as she grows.

But that's how I'd do it. Keep in mind that I like a short, but wide plant, with as even a canopy as possible to take advantage of as much light as possible, since I'm not using extremely powerful LEDs (150 w draw each, two lights, 7 square ft area)

I think once you start with the two biggest tops, and start working them down slowly, you'll see things that I can't in the pictures, and you can just let your creativity go wild, and make that LST project your own. As long as you're on 18/6 lighting, you can Veg her as long as you'd like, until you're totally happy with the plant you helped take shape, and then you can make that big switch to 12/12 and let her take care of the rest!

During stretch, I keep all my LST ties on the plant, just to maintain shape, not to make major adjustments, only minor changes, half inch here or there to keep things level. I leave the ties on eh. for maybe about a month or so after the switch to make sure she holds her shape, then start taking them off one at a time. If I release one and a branch goes way up above the canopy, I keep that one on until a later date.

But just have fun with it really, make it your own, train her with your own vision of how you'd like her to look, and be shaped like.

It's such a good smoke! I have such a hard time resisting going into the cure container and sneaking a few buds. There's nothing like a good Sativa to make you so happy that your eyes feel like they're puffed up and smiling for two hours straight.

Here's the strain at Herbies: ! World of Seeds Strawberry Blue Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds

75% Sativa, 25% Indica. I would totally grow this strain again. Well, I am lol. I'm on the 2nd generation now with two plants, and plan to clone her again as well. I freakin LLLLLOVE that strain.

But just go have fun with it! Enjoy yourself, and all aspects of the grow :thumb:

I encourage Y'ALL to also read the original link. It has pictures :) +reps Antics

I encourage you to also read the original - It has pictures :) +reps Antics

The original journal?

Awesome grow!! I've started reading the beginning and this last page, I will catch up when im off of work and see how the grow goes

Awesome grow!! I've started reading the beginning and this last page, I will catch up when im off of work and see how the grow goes

Welcome Arellanobrian! Just find a spot that suits you and dig right in when you have a chance. Nice to have you come by. :blushsmile:

I encourage Y'ALL to also read the original link, It has pictures :) +reps Antics

Last edited by Radogast; Today at 01:12 PM. Reason: Surely needed clarity

LOL

man do I want one of those thc bombs now

Well, I think I am far enough in my grow of her to recommend this strain without a bit of hesitation. Im lucky I have 4 more just like her, to do in pairs. I have my next two grows beans already. haha Just get you some! :)

Just gonna need some perlite and a different brand of soil. Fox Farms is good, but the PH level is just too unpredictable for my less than optimal conditions. Im really thinking about and have been reading about the Roots Organic that HockeyBry mentioned a couple of days ago. I havent found anything but good reviews about the soil. Id also like to try DocBud HiBrix, but I really feel that needs to wait until things are more stable all the way around. Maybe when I get new seeds, Ill get a whole new kind of soil too. :)

This was such an awesome post. Thank you very much.

The best I can tell, she has the top two main branches and then she has two other branches below that, but at the moment, thats all the branches I can see. Thats what I was thinking was to pull down the top two, let the others catch up, (and hopefully encourage a few more to start), then start bringing them down, too. Thank you.

As a follower of your journal, feel free to plug it whenever you like. Its a great journal. :blushsmile: Its funny and there is a lot to learn from it.

I am doing my flip very slowly, as I have to keep Thelma in mind. I know the light doesnt make a lot of difference to her, but I bet a 6 hour shock of extra dark might make her skip a beat, so Im increasing the darkness by 30 minutes each day until I get to the magical 12/12 ratio of light to dark. Give Louise a little extra time to veg and then she gets to start flowering too. I started that yesterday, so today it will be 17/7.

Im very excited to have examples of all three cannabis strains at once in my tent. haha Strawberry Blue - sativa dominant. THC Bomb Auto Indica dominant with ruderalis present. :blushsmile: Itll be great to try them out in such a way that I can choose which I prefer on a given day. Im liking how this is working out.

I was thinking earlier that as much as I like the fast grows of the autos, Im probably going to end up gravitating to photos because itll be easier to find sativa dominant strains to grow. Its my guess that I will like the sativa the best. Ill get to find out for sure soon.

Thank you very much for stopping in and keeping an eye on my lil lovelies. I appreciate it.

See? You already knew a good plan on how to LST her! Sometimes we're our own worst critic. (Cannabis helps fix that!)

Ok I have to ask here, you have an auto and a photo running. Why not stay on 18/6 lighting, and let the auto finish on that, and when she's close to done, flip to 12/12? SB has a lot to offer if you give her a chance with some Veg time. Just a suggestion though.

Indicas are awesome for evening/night, and really quite enjoyable for those relaxing days at home during the day. Not the best if you have something to do, chores or whatever. But after a while you'll get used to it, and can easily motivate yourself to get something done around the house or yard even after a nice smoke sesh.

Sativas are all around great. I haven't had any pure Sativa, mine have all been Sativa dominant, and usually about 25% Indica. Definitely great during the day, I use it during social situations, awkward situations, as a little energy boost, as a way to keep my mind off the fact that raking leaves and yard cleanup sucks, and gets me focused on just getting it done, shopping when you don't feel like going, but the girlfriend drags you along anyways- definitely helps here. I'm not a fan of shopping for makeup, so it makes it more enjoyable. And the strains I've used were great for watching TV at night, but don't keep me too wired that I can't sleep. I don't know if it's the bit of Indica doing that, but it works and life is good.

But definitely try to keep some Indica and some Sativa on hand at all times, they'll be better than anything you can buy in the pharmacy, and if you accidentally smoke 8 bowls you won't die either.

I also just did a little defol on my 1 gal SB clone, and she still has all the red lines on her stems. Today was her first day receiving flower nutes.

Shes already been vegging for almost 8 weeks. I dont want her to get huge. I saw the Strawberry Blue that you harvested and I thought at the time I couldnt imagine mine that size, but just two or three weeks later I *can* imagine her that big now. I need her to stay somewhat small. I only have a foot of room left to lift the light, maybe more but it would take some reworking of the light to do that. Its just for me. Hubby doesnt indulge and as mean as it might seem, I dont intend to share with my friends, lest they find out where I got it and I dont want that at all. It only works while its my very closely kept secret. I also intend to start the next grow as soon as Louise finishes, thats not a considering factor though.

When I started this grow, I expected indica and now Im getting both. It just doesnt get any better than that. Some mistakes were just meant to happen. :)

LOL...did you find a suitable candidate?

I decided to let her be and try to let the entire harvest cure before smoking. Not sure if that's going to fly, but I'm investing in street crap to stay away from it, so maybe. Maybe. Once you've smoked your own you become really intolerant of purchased product. If it weren't for Dale needing it so bad I'd pass and just wait.

*nods* I understand.

It shouldnt be too terribly much longer for you. :blushsmile:

Man, miss a day and this journal flies! I couldn't stop with rep points! The plants are getting to the really exciting stage now. That THC Bomb is going to amaze you. I want to begin to encourage you right now to commit to letting a decent portion of it cure three months before you smoke it. Not all, because I can guarantee you that you won't be able to completely stay away, but try to keep the biggest cola locked away. You won't regret it. Taste and smell both changed dramatically and the potency was easily twice what I consumed earlier.

I'm going to really enjoy watching you get excited while she fleshes out. :laughtwo::green_heart:

I've already decided to run this strain again. Best baked buds ever!!!

My African Buzz is a pure sativa. Sooooo excited about that. I think the only time I smoked a sativa was one incredible incident in college. Best part is I have another seed. Yahoo!!!:yahoo:

Man, miss a day and this journal flies! I couldn't stop with rep points! The plants are getting to the really exciting stage now. That THC Bomb is going to amaze you. I want to begin to encourage you right now to commit to letting a decent portion of it cure three months before you smoke it. Not all, because I can guarantee you that you won't be able to completely stay away, but try to keep the biggest cola locked away. You won't regret it. Taste and smell both changed dramatically and the potency was easily twice what I consumed earlier.

I'm going to really enjoy watching you get excited while she fleshes out. :laughtwo::green_heart:

I've already decided to run this strain again. Best baked buds ever!!!

My African Buzz is a pure sativa. Sooooo excited about that. I think the only time I smoked a sativa was one incredible incident in college. Best part is I have another seed. Yahoo!!!:yahoo:

Thank you for the rep points. :blushsmile: I dont know if those girls are excited but I sure am. I see more and more pistils everyday. I remember way back in the day -- a week ago -- I was pawing through her leaves hunting all up and down her stem for pistils and now they just pop all over the place. I couldnt be happier. :)

I will do my very best to set some back to cure properly. Who knows maybe my lil lovies will shower me with nugs and Ill have the luxury of setting some aside and wont even be a blip on the radar. :blushsmile: Ill do the same with the Strawberry Blue, too.

I want to try your baked buds, just because you talk them up so much. I really cant imagine how they would be palatable, Im anxious to find out. :blushsmile: I was just looking at recipes, daydreaming and drooling. hehe

Nice to see you, as always.

Baked buds have become our favorite way to consume it. The taste is odd the first couple times, but then your brain begins to associate the taste with that incredibly pure rush of a buzz and you begin to crave it. Dale insists on having a cup of freshly brewed coffee to wash it down with. 30 minutes at 225 degrees F. So easy to do. The THC Bomb was the tastiest of the two strains I grew. It also grew the densest buds ever. You have to tear them apart and your fingers are sooo sticky. You're in for such a good time Sorenna.

The THC Bomb was the tastiest of the two strains I grew. It also grew the densest buds ever. You have to tear them apart and your fingers are sooo sticky. You're in for such a good time Sorenna.

From your lips (or fingertips) to God's ears.

:)

Thelma and Louise - Day 52

Hi guys. :love:

The ladies in waiting are doing very well today. I didnt do a thing to Thelma, just letting her take the wheel for a while. Louise on the other hand got all kinds of bothered. :) I pulled down her two main arms today. She looks pretty awesome. She kinda reminds me of Pippy Longstocking for some reason. lol

No foods, no water. Just love and pictures and a little bit of LST, thats all for today.

Bomb THC Bomb - Thelma
thelma5294.jpg

thelma5295.jpg

Strawberry Blue - Louise (All tied up) :)
louiselst.jpg

louiselst2.jpg

I wish yall all the best the next night and day can bring you.

Toodles! :blushsmile:

Back
Top Bottom