Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

re: Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

I'm w/Rado. Top again for 4. She'll be gorgeous and put out a heap of buds.
If FLUXing's too much, you could try my Great-Aunt's technique. Might be good for bowl-shape.
Love and respect

Thanks for chiming in, Ranger. I think I will top her again. Im curious though, what is your Great-Aunt's techique?

Thelma and Louise - Day 42

Good evening, 420ers! :) I hope yall are doing really good.

Today was feeding day for my lil lovies. I gave them 3tsp of Big Bloom and Grow Big and 2 tsp of Tiger Bloom. Full strength this time. I hope they take it well. I have no reason to believe that they wont.

Thelma is perky once more, looking so pretty under the lights.

thelma5193.jpg

Thelma5194.jpg

thelma5195.jpg

She is looking to be about 9" tall, despite her latest LST. I think she is about to show me what a grown up girl looks like. :blushsmile:

thelma5196.jpg

Louise is starting to get some size to her. She is closer than ever to filling out the width of her pot.

louise5192.jpg

Ive noticed that Louise is branching at a lower node too. Is these candidates for topping as well, or only the top main 2?
louise5193.jpg

She appears to be about 7" tall. About 3 inches higher then the last time I measured it. Not bad, lil girl, not bad. :)

louise5194.jpg

What beauties Sorenna. So impressed with Louise and I'm learning lots listening in on Rad and Ranger. I haven't tried training at all, so I'm not worth much there, but I was thinking along the same lines. Top her again.

I'm also interested in hearing about this bowl shape. Come on Ranger, give.

Ive noticed that Louise is branching at a lower node too. Is these candidates for topping as well, or only the top main 2?
louise5193.jpg

I would not top the lower branches, because they are lower and smaller in diameter than the two main branches up top.

One goal is an even canopy (promoting equal access to light.)
Another goal is even thickness of branches (promoting equal access to nutrients.)

Topping lower and smaller branches does not meet these two goals.

Topping the higher branches again (in another few days) will promote an even canopy by slowing upper growth, and forcing growth energy downward to the lower branches. This will also promote even thickness of branches as the lower branches thicken in response to a demand for carrying more growth energy.

An even canopy is often important indoors as it maximizes the amount of light that meets the bud and lowers the overall height of the cannabis girls.

I don't know that topping promotes overall bud yield (it might due to better light absorption), but it does promote more even buds, larger average bud size, and less of a loss if an accident happens to your leader (biggest bud) during flower !

What beauties Sorenna. So impressed with Louise and I'm learning lots listening in on Rad and Ranger. I haven't tried training at all, so I'm not worth much there, but I was thinking along the same lines. Top her again.

I'm also interested in hearing about this bowl shape. Come on Ranger, give.

Ranger recently harvested an espaliered cannabis girl. He has family street cred in plant shaping :)

I would not top the lower branches, because they are lower and smaller in diameter than the two main branches up top.

One goal is an even canopy (promoting equal access to light.)
Another goal is even thickness of branches (promoting equal access to nutrients.)

Topping lower and smaller branches does not meet these two goals.

Topping the higher branches again (in another few days) will promote an even canopy by slowing upper growth, and forcing growth energy downward to the lower branches. This will also promote even thickness of branches as the lower branches thicken in response to a demand for carrying more growth energy.

An even canopy is often important indoors as it maximizes the amount of light that meets the bud and lowers the overall height of the cannabis girls.

I don't know that topping promotes overall bud yield (it might due to better light absorption), but it does promote more even buds, larger average bud size, and less of a loss if an accident happens to your leader (biggest bud) during flower !

Thank you, Radogast for such valuable insights and information. Im thinking Ill top her on Friday and then shell get another feeding, provided she tolerates this one well, on Sunday evening.

+Reps. :blushsmile:

I havent. I plan to, but I havent quite worked out how Im gonna get my hands on some. Working on it.

That pictures is not at all representative of her colors.

Yes, thats very possible.

Its sad that I live in a small town with limited access to the things I need and ordering online is not an option right now. But I think I can do epsom salts.

Okay, well that one does represent her colors because its a natural pic with no LEDs on.

I thought of a question: How do I use the epsom salts once I get them?

Okay. Its on my immediate shopping list. Thank you.

I use 1 heaping tablespoon per gallon. I warm up a small bowl of water and add the Epsom salt so it dissolves nicely, then add it to the rest of the water in the watering can.

I would agree with Nutty that it is looking like it wants more Mag.

I'm sad I missed the Flux/Topping discussion. Lol. I think you know how I would've voted. But I think in Louise's case, topping her again is the best route. Radogast explained that perfectly.

:thumb:

Pardon the delay, real world concerns.
My Great-Aunt (and probably her Great-Aunt before her) use a technique where the the primary and other branches are trained on twine. It's a very gentle technique, but effective because all the action takes place at the end of branches where they are most pliable.
Bowl may be better if you curl the branches out, rather than have them simply stick out. This would also maximize your use of space and light. Remember to use twine (jute or sisal) not string.
It's an easy technique and cheaper than dirt. If you have any questions, plz feel free to check out LinkInSig. Seeing it in action may be easier than my stilted prose.
Love and respect

Back
Top Bottom