Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

re: Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

I only had 15 minutes before lights out and I went and got a picture of what her stem looks like now. Its no longer blotchy like it was when I first saw it. Now it has formed a thin streak down.

louise5013streak.jpg

Yes, it is the Strawberry Blue. I did just give them a bit of Tiger Bloom a couple of days ago, so perhaps Im on the right track now, headed it off at the pass almost. haha

I may be a filthy heathen, but that sure looks like praying to me. They seem close to the source, reverential.

SweetSue: Thank you, my Sister. Nice to see a kindred soul.

You're welcome, my literary brother. Vocabulary skills need continuous exercise, don't you agree?

Hey Ranger, new journal. It was a quick change and I didn't really warn anyone. Come. Join. :love:

Your plants look really healthy to me. I've done both Bomb THC and Bomb Berry, and I do have to say they seem to get a lot of purpling on the stems. I also use the Fox Farm nutes like you. I dunno I just dont think theres anything wrong, they look so good to me. I could be wrong.

:goodjob:

:blushsmile: Thank you, Nobodyuknow. Something tells me you might be right. I rather think its just the natural progression of the colors as it matures. But since I dont really know what Im doing, lol, everything matters. Ive adopted the habit of asking about it first, and stepping in only if it seems called for. Like observe, then watch and see.

I think you are fine. I add some purpling as well and after a few feeds it went away. Nothing to be too concerned with unless you start to see it spread like Antics said.

With your watering, do you get any run off? I put 2 gallons every watering through my 5 gal smart pot and only get about 10% run off. 1/2 gallon just doesn't sound like enough to me...

I think you are fine. I add some purpling as well and after a few feeds it went away. Nothing to be too concerned with unless you start to see it spread like Antics said.

With your watering, do you get any run off? I put 2 gallons every watering through my 5 gal smart pot and only get about 10% run off. 1/2 gallon just doesn't sound like enough to me...

I really dont know how much runoff is enough runoff. I do get run off. I usually dont catch it. I just feed them in the tub and let it go down the drain. This last time I did catch it so I could PH it. I just put a plate under the pot while I fed. Both plants filled up the plate and possibly some spilled over.

Sorenna, the CFLs work really well with a Y-adapter. Take a look at my CFLs. The closer you can get them to the plant the better. Try for about 1.5"- 3" away. They get lots of canopy light from the LED. The CFLs become. More valuable as side lighting to beef up secondary colas.

They are looking spiffy. That Louise..... I'm such a softy for the underdog too, and her new growth looks very promising. And those leaves on Thelma! Wow! I'm impressed with your training of her. You go girl! :high-five:

Sorenna, the CFLs work really well with a Y-adapter. Take a look at my CFLs. The closer you can get them to the plant the better. Try for about 1.5"- 3" away. They get lots of canopy light from the LED. The CFLs become. More valuable as side lighting to beef up secondary colas.

They are looking spiffy. That Louise..... I'm such a softy for the underdog too, and her new growth looks very promising. And those leaves on Thelma! Wow! I'm impressed with your training of her. You go girl! :high-five:

I intend to get some adaptors, but I dont even really know what my options are. The good thing is there is a hardware store in this podunk town, if a little expensive. haha I think Y adaptors will be just fine. Im not wanting to get very many CFLs in there. Its getting to be our hot season soon and the electric bill will already be stretched.

Thank you. I havent really done that much to Thelma once I laid down her main stem. Im not sure what I will do to her next, if anything.

I have no plans to cut Louise anymore. Im hoping this topping and then some gentle LST of the new branches will be enough to bush her out some for flowering in a few short weeks.

Im quickly learning that LST is not a step by step, color in the lines process. I think the plants dictate LST more than a particular method. They kind of show you what you should do by the way they grow.

Im quickly learning that LST is not a step by step, color in the lines process. I think the plants dictate LST more than a particular method. They kind of show you what you should do by the way they grow.

This is applicable to every single part of a grow. There is no black and white in growing, just a bunch of different shades of gr....lets say green in this case. :riskybusiness:

Yes, green. Perfect.

lol

I watch Graytail. Every time he starts to teach I get goosebumps. Here I am growing little budsicles, so letting him guide me will have to wait. But the way he trains them so gently.......:love:

:blushsmile: Thank you, Nobodyuknow. Something tells me you might be right. I rather think its just the natural progression of the colors as it matures. But since I dont really know what Im doing, lol, everything matters. Ive adopted the habit of asking about it first, and stepping in only if it seems called for. Like observe, then watch and see.

This is my Bomb THC as a baby. See the purpling on the stems? I had forgot how purple so I had to get out the pics and look again :laugh:

100_16322.JPG

I watch Graytail. Every time he starts to teach I get goosebumps. Here I am growing little budsicles, so letting him guide me will have to wait. But the way he trains them so gently.......:love:

Yes, I read his thread. I even made a sticky note of one of his posts that explains his process. I told him I was planning to use it on my Strawberry Blue, but it didnt turn out that way. I ended up using it on my Bomb instead.

This is my Bomb THC as a baby. See the purpling on the stems? I had forgot how purple so I had to get out the pics and look again :laugh:

100_16322.JPG

Oh, how lovely. She reminds me alot of my own. My icon picture up under my name there is my Bomb when she was younger, maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

I intend to get some adaptors, but I dont even really know what my options are. The good thing is there is a hardware store in this podunk town, if a little expensive. haha I think Y adaptors will be just fine. Im not wanting to get very many CFLs in there. Its getting to be our hot season soon and the electric bill will already be stretched.

Thank you. I havent really done that much to Thelma once I laid down her main stem. Im not sure what I will do to her next, if anything.

I have no plans to cut Louise anymore. Im hoping this topping and then some gentle LST of the new branches will be enough to bush her out some for flowering in a few short weeks.

I like doing a lot of LSTing and one thing I've tried to do this grow is be a little more patient with when and how often I bust out restraints. I like to make an adjustment, wait a day or two, see how it reacts, then adjust and whatnot. Course it is easier this grow to be more patient with more plants, and the time of the year. Last grow I was fighting them, every night making adjustments,, and I started very early, and my plants only got a foot tall... this time, my smallest is over a foot and the biggest is pushing two and a half feet. I think LSTing is like painting with water colors. Go with the flow.... Nice work Serena,, each time you play around and train your plants your confidence grows along with your knowledge.

I like doing a lot of LSTing and one thing I've tried to do this grow is be a little more patient with when and how often I bust out restraints. I like to make an adjustment, wait a day or two, see how it reacts, then adjust and whatnot. Course it is easier this grow to be more patient with more plants, and the time of the year. Last grow I was fighting them, every night making adjustments,, and I started very early, and my plants only got a foot tall... this time, my smallest is over a foot and the biggest is pushing two and a half feet. I think LSTing is like painting with water colors. Go with the flow.... Nice work Serena,, each time you play around and train your plants your confidence grows along with your knowledge.

Thank you, MassMedMan. Ive seen your grow so far this time with the autos you have and I think your plants are fine examples of healthy, beautiful plants. Yours are ahead of mine and you planted after I did. That says a lot, Id say. :blushsmile:

It took Thelma a full week to really show me her response. I was getting frustrated because her top stopped growing. lol I was mostly expecting height and I wasnt getting it. I should have been watching her filling out, because thats exactly what shes done. Her lower branches are starting to get some height now, too. I cant wait to see what she looks like in another week. :)

100_16322.JPG

Here's the distinction Antics was making. That purpling you see is on the petioles. This is the normal part. The stem is just that, the main stem. Branches and petioles take off that main stem, and it's purpling on the stem that may be the indicator of potassium concerns.

Here's the distinction Antics was making. That purpling you see is on the petioles. This is the normal part. The stem is just that, the main stem. Branches and petioles take off that main stem, and it's purpling on the stem that may be the indicator of potassium concerns.

Yes, I understood what he was telling me. Since Ive already fed her with the Tiger Bloom, there is nothing I can do now but wait and watch it. Its just my guess that it wont be an issue, either because I already, in the normal course of my planned feeding, gave her the extra phosphorous she needed or its just the normal progression of her normal stem coloring as she gets older and tougher. If it turns out that my guess is wrong and she continues to worsen, then I will believe at that time that it is a slight PH issue, because I PH'd her at 6.

Time will tell. :blushsmile:

:high-five:

I only had 15 minutes before lights out and I went and got a picture of what her stem looks like now. Its no longer blotchy like it was when I first saw it. Now it has formed a thin streak down.

louise5013streak.jpg

Yes, it is the Strawberry Blue. I did just give them a bit of Tiger Bloom a couple of days ago, so perhaps Im on the right track now, headed it off at the pass almost. haha

Seems to be normal for the strain. I don't know if it's just normal, or if the strain is a heavy P user though. I'll grab some pictures from my clones tomorrow, which are both pretty healthy, and show the same red streaks you're seeing. I'm not worried about it at all. I give them the right nutes, PH is good, and I'm happy. So you don't need to worry at all now.

Back
Top Bottom