Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

re: Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

Thelma and Louise - Day 30

I am absolutely livid! I opened up my tent after lights on to admire the little ladies. Im all happy looking over Thelma and then I switched my gaze to Louise and I saw the ugliest sight. One of her beautiful, fat leaves had a HUGE hole in it! After my squeal of dismay, the first thing I did was to pick up that leaf and look under it and the <insert expletive here> culprit was there. It was some sort of tiny little caterpillar. It was green, but naturally it would be since it gorged on my darling Louise. So pissed! I searched every single leaf, topside and underneath for eggs, more worms, or damage. I took the ugly leaves from Louise's lower stem, the yellow, damaged ones from when she was over-watered. The intruder ate one of her cotyledons (the whole thing!) and I found a small hole in one of those yellowed leaves.

The hole
chewedleaflouise5071.jpg

The culprit
fknworm.jpg

Louise after her haircut
deleafedlouise5071.jpg

louise5071.jpg

Thelma is doing great. She was not affected that I could see, and believe me I totally looked.
thelma5071.jpg

thelma5072.jpg

I cant help but wonder where that caterpillar came from. I searched the surface of the soil for any others or anything that might indicate more, but I didnt see anything. Now I have to wonder if I need to take steps to prevent that from happening again, and if so, what to do?

By the way, the worm is now nothing more than a green smear on that piece of paper and tossed in the trash. Harumph! Thats what it gets for messing with my babygirl.

Do NOT mess with the children! You'd think the culprit would have known that!

Take a deep breath. You looked closely. You'll be vigilant in the future. I have no idea what it could have been but + reps for caring so passionately for your young.

Thank you, SweetSue. :blushsmile:

In looking at my lovely Louise, I think my FIM was a failure. I think all I managed to do was cut off her leaves, but not far enough down. It looks to me like all that is coming in where I cut her is 2 new leaves. *fusses*

Hello Captain Cow. :welcome: Ive very pleased you made it here. :blushsmile:

Im glad the SB made it too, I didnt really think she would, but thankfully, I was wrong. Since you are waiting to see how she turns out, Ill do my very best not to kill her before then. haha

You get me every time! :rofl:

I was reading a thread the other night, I forget which one, and someone mentioned seed storage. Would yall share with me how you store your seeds? I appreciate it.

Right now, the ones I purchased are still in their original little zippy bags that I put into a Tic Tac box for protection. Perfect fit, btw.

In the refrigerator, really? I dont think Ill be doing that. I discovered my fridge sucks when I cracked an egg for breakfast one time and nothing came out because it was frozen!

Thank you for your reply. :blushsmile:

Hi Subnoise. :welcome:

Welcome in! Pull up a chair or a recliner or a hammock and make yourself comfy. :D Very nice to have you drop in. Id serve refreshments, but they still need a couple months at least to be ready for guests.

Gosh, I just had a thought. Wouldnt it be awesome to live in a world where we could serve "popcorn" in a dish like they were M&Ms? hehe

LOL... someday!

Hungry little booger may have been a moth.
Just a speed bump. One wave in smooth sail.

You dropped a THCBomb on me, Baby! Love that song.

Im happy to report no new damage today. Was the first thing I checked. haha

Sounds good to me. I'll take a bowl of decarboxylated Indica "popcorn" and a recliner to get locked into. :thumb:

I eat them like that all the time Subnoise. Great buzz, easy to carry. :love:

Thelma and Louise - Day 31

I wasnt gonna do much in the tent tonight, just let them live and let live, but while I was looking over Thelma, I just decided that her LST needed to be moved a node further out, so I made that change.

Thelma5081.jpg

and Im glad I did. It totally opened up all the new growth the bending stimulated in the first place. Those top fan leaves are pretty good sized so they shade anything underneath. Almost everything was under that top. Now its so much more open.

Thelma5082.jpg

Louise is looking lovely, no worse for the wear. She is still building and working at the FIM site. Still think I didnt get it right. Like I truly did miss. haha We will see. Its too small right now, but I can see some sort of growth directly under the what looks like a new set of leaves to me.

louise5083.jpg

louise5082.jpg

After reading Antics Strawberry Blue grow, Ive decided that I will up the nutrient strength from 1/4 to 1/2. Neither of the girls have shown any signs of stress from previous feed, so Ima try it out and see how they react.

I have a question. Currently when I feed them, Ive been using 1 gallon of water, splitting it between the two of them so that each gets a half a gallon of nutrient water. Is that enough?

I hope yall have a great day or night or evening. :blushsmile:

Recliner is the new Couch Lock ;) :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom