Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

re: Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb (Auto) & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

Micro scale topping. Probably best to read up here a little. Great thread on topping with pics.

FIMming vs Topping

Thank you. I went and read it and believe I have a much better understanding of what to do. Im going in with the expectation of FIMming, but if I cant see it, then Ill just top her regularly.

Thank you for the thread link. :blushsmile:

Thelma and Louise - Day 26

Hi yall! :)

Kind of a big day inside the tent. Thelma got LST'd and Louise got FIMmed. It wasnt as hard as I featured in my head. I do really wish I had some sort of wire for Thelma, but at the moment I dont, so I used some yarn that I crocheted a small chain in so it *hopefully* wont grow into the stems/branches.

Thelma didnt fuss that much when I layed her over. The last 2 days Ive been kind of pushing her over in that direction so she wouldnt find it shocking when I made it more permanent. She looks odd all laying down on her side and I did it on purpose this time! lol I confess, Im really interested in what she will do now, since Ive never done anything like this at all. Thelma is still on her SWICK, I never did take her off and she seems to be tolerating it well. The soil is cool and moist and no signs of the wetness from before.

Thelma after her workout:
Thelmalstd5031.jpg

FIMming was far easier than I expected, provided I did it right. I think I did. I was fearful of cutting a leaf alongside, but I managed to avoid that catastrophe this time. Im even more interested to see what she will do now that Ive lopped off the top of her head. She prolly going to poison me after harvest for revenge. LOL I tried really hard to get a good, non blurry picture of it, but 28 pictures later, this is the best I got.

Louise FIM
louisefimmed5032.jpg

louisefimmed5031.jpg

I also took the time, since I had them out of the tent, to lower the light. It now measures approximately 19" from the top rim of their pots.

Here they both are comfortably ensconced once more in their familiar surroundings and home.
thelmalouiseathomeagain.jpg

Tomorrow they will get their 2nd feeding of Big Bloom and Ill also add a little bit of Grow Big this time.

Yall have a happy night while I sit here and chew my lip and make sure I didnt hurt them with this evenings adventures.

Micro scale topping. Probably best to read up here a little. Great thread on topping with pics.

FIMming vs Topping

That side shot looks like you made a very good FIM attempt. Now it's up to Louise. +reps to UltraDan for providing that link.

I had excellent results attempting to FIM. Sometimes she FIMMED sometimes she just topped, but always a good result with 2 (or 4) branches. This was on photo seeds while branches were still growing in pairs. (Later on, when mature, the branches grow alternate.)

We'll done Sorenna. :bravo: You stepped right outside that comfort zone and slammed it. Kuddos to UltraDan for the tutorial link.

A pointer for taking those close-up shots. Start further back and zoom in with cropping. Oft times it's the only way to get them clear without a macro lens. When I can't get it clear I simply pull back until it focuses clearly and then plan to edit. Works most of the time. It took me a while to figure that out. :laughtwo:

These pics are a bit better, blur-wise. Still not the greatest, though.

louisefimmed5034.jpg

louisefimmed5033.jpg

We'll done Sorenna. :bravo: You stepped right outside that comfort zone and slammed it. Kuddos to UltraDan for the tutorial link.

A pointer for taking those close-up shots. Start further back and zoom in with cropping. Oft times it's the only way to get them clear without a macro lens. When I can't get it clear I simply pull back until it focuses clearly and then plan to edit. Works most of the time. It took me a while to figure that out. :laughtwo:

Thank you, SweetSue. I chewed a hole in my lip the whole time I was working on them. Definitely not my comfort zone. haha

I did go and try what you said and YES!, it worked! Woot!

That side shot looks like you made a very good FIM attempt. Now it's up to Louise. +reps to UltraDan for providing that link.

I had excellent results attempting to FIM. Sometimes she FIMMED sometimes she just topped, but always a good result with 2 (or 4) branches. This was on photo seeds while branches were still growing in pairs. (Later on, when mature, the branches grow alternate.)

Thanks, Radogast. I spent some time the other night looking to find out the difference between paired and alternating nodes. I do have a firm understanding of that now.

Now we just watch Louise and see what she thinks of FIMming. :)

Some nice phat bottom girls you got there :) Subbed!

Hello Growlow and welcome to my grow journal. :blushsmile: Very nice to see you here. Ive seen your posts and you seem to have a good grasp of whats going in the growing domain. :welcome:

Thank you for the compliments on my babygirls. :D

Hello Growlow and welcome to my grow journal. :blushsmile: Very nice to see you here. Ive seen your posts and you seem to have a good grasp of whats going in the growing domain. :welcome:

Thank you for the compliments on my babygirls. :D

Thankyou for the warm welcome. I like to share what I know but like to learn more about what I know nothing of. I have a never ending hunger for knowledge on things improving health through the not so aggressive means ie pharmaceuticals.

Cheers

My husband takes a toxic mix of pharmaceuticals every day, that apparently do little else than enrich the corporations that manufacture and distribute them. It's sad. So much more benefit can be had with plants I have proven myself capable of growing in a tiny closet. To have the freedom to grow enough to feed the plant to my family like a vegetable - that's my goal. Before I found 420 Magazine I was thinking of cannabis only as a way to keep his mind from cracking. I'm way past that now and the desire to explore the therapeutic effects of cannabis and the potential to do more than get him high is growing stronger. Scary too, because I may be too late.

Thelma is already turning up to the light. I think she re-shaded everything I opened up. haha

She is so awesome. Im very glad I have four more waiting just like her. :D

thelmalight.jpg

I took this picture from my vantage point on the opposite side of the tent. I can peek in, but I dont have to unzip it. :blushsmile:

Hello Whitty! Welcome in! Thank you. Louise is quite the trooper. Shes taken all I have to throw at her so far and is still looking good despite me.

Thelma is an auto, so Im not cutting anything off of her. Ill just do the LST, low stress training, shaping her that way. Louise on the other hand is a photo, so I guess well see what she is made of when I lop off her head later. :)
Hahaha, I like that lopping her head off. I see you only partially lopped off her head.
Plants look amazing I'm sure they'll take really well to each technique.

yepp she is awesome al-right doing really well :) :) hope your keeping just as good
i feel like a real copy cat , i placed an order with herbies for 5 thc bombs lol im playing catch up now as my outdoor plants are slowing right down with some pathetic weather we had , ive always had a plan B :) but i also really really want to try get female seeds from 2 of them , toyed with it before but it fell through, this time im going for it good and proper ,

Thank you, Professor! :) I bet youll love your new bombs. WooHoo! Im more than impressed with mine, at any rate.

Hahaha, I like that lopping her head off. I see you only partially lopped off her head.
Plants look amazing I'm sure they'll take really well to each technique.

hehe! Okay, so I have a slight flair for the dramatic. :;): What can I say?

Thank you. They both seem to faring well after their respective procedures last night. I dont know what made me try that particular technique - FIM. It just seemed like the way to go with all the options for messing with our girls. I guess well see how it all works out, eh?

She leaves me in awe...again.

thelmarecovered5041.jpg

Back
Top Bottom