Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

re: Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb (Auto) & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

27"? Or cm? Using LED's you can stay closer to the plants than with HID's. I think for most 12-16" is the magic spot that gives the most lumens without causing burn. Remember indoors we are dealing with the square law of light effect. So whatever you Len output is at x" it is 1/4 of that at 2x" and 1/9 of that at 3x". So if 12" is safe for you, then 24" you will be getting 1/4 of the available lumens.

Okay. Ive wondered about the light and height over the plants. Ive never used and HID so the comparison is lost on me. I will research LED lights and height and see what I come up with, thank you for pointing it out to me. I have to say Im a little hesitant because the very tips of her leaves are sometimes very light under even when it was closer to 27" (it measures 22 inches now from the top of Thelma)

Tomorrow I plan to spend some quality time in the tent. Im thinking of tying Thelmas main branch down and making some of the others grow upward in its place.

I was also thinking of topping Louise, just once. Shes so little still, so I cant decide if I should yet, or maybe just wait.

Sorenna, I purchased that weed blocker cloth at the end of the season at 75% off. Worth keeping in mind as summer hits and those things drop in price. Also, dollar stores carry it cheapest. Mine was from Dollar General.

Okay, Ill keep my eyes open for it. My town is small, but we do have one each of Dollar Store and Family Dollar. Maybe I can find some.

FYI -- I've been washing the perlite in my SWICK pots this week, I'll probably do that once a week instead of buying cloth or using it. If you can, I'd suggest trying to wash it. Good luck!

How are you washing it?

I am so glad you stuck it out with Louise. To think you were about to pull her. What were you thinking? lol Had to say that :love:

It's worth remembering not to rush into flower mode with autos. They start flowering before they're through veg, so one has to be careful and give them the extra time under veg lighting. If memory serves me, I started to make the switch to stronger red tones about week 5 of my initial grow. In Sorenna's case that would be managing the distance of the light, and yes, according to that chart she could certainly drop it down some. Good call Dan.

I turned on the red portion of the light switch a couple of days ago and they have both added some height, just since then. Im going to look into dropping the lights down some, do a little reading. Maybe they are both about the really start to grow. :blushsmile:

They are both looking great, Louise really has done a 180 in a week or so, awesome to see her doing so well. Have to comment on Thelma too, damn she is fine hehe :Namaste:

Thank you, FeralZ9X. :D Yes, Louise has definitely showed her mettle this week. Im very proud of her.

Tiny but mighty. Louise is looking strong. WooHoo!!! Thelma.... well, what can we say other than beautiful?

Looking good here Sorenna. Get some rest. :love:

Thanks, SweetSue. I think I got some good angles on her today. Its nice to have more than one angle to shoot pictures from. :D

I'm with FeralA9X on this one. (I'm almost always on the side of feral creatures.) These girls are looking wonderfully happy and promise to be productive.

Thank you, Radogast. They make me smile bigger and bigger every day. Im starting to think I *might* actually get to downgrade my black thumb to some shade of green. Maybe not perfect, but acceptable.

I cant wait to see how they turn out!

I am so glad you stuck it out with Louise. To think you were about to pull her. What were you thinking? lol Had to say that :love:

I was deeply disappointed that day. It was very unexpected to open the tent and find her lying down like that. I wanted to pluck her, I really did, but her leaves were not droopy and so I decided to just wait until they drooped. They never did.

I just couldnt do it. lol She was only a week or two old, it would have been the best time. Im glad I didnt. She is turning out the quite the pretty girl herself.

Okay. Ive wondered about the light and height over the plants.

When i got my light it said the following:
Germination: 24~30inch
Vegitative:18~24inch
Flowering :12~18inch.

I have mine hanging 24" above the plants in this young stage, will be dropping down to 18" in a couple of weeks for veg and will probably vary it between 12+18" on flower depending on the best results ;) however my light is different to yours so just a rough guide.

Most LED threads i have read no matter the brand all seem to roughly be around the 18" mark.

Hope this helps ;)

When i got my light it said the following:
Germination: 24~30inch
Vegitative:18~24inch
Flowering :12~18inch.

I have mine hanging 24" above the plants in this young stage, will be dropping down to 18" in a couple of weeks for veg and will probably vary it between 12+18" on flower depending on the best results ;) however my light is different to yours so just a rough guide.

Most LED threads i have read no matter the brand all seem to roughly be around the 18" mark.

Hope this helps ;)

Im thinking Im going to drop them to 18" and then Ill raise them as far as I can as the girls grow. Im going to train them both too. Just LST for Thelma and light topping and some LST for Louise. Im not quite comfy with any of this yet. My goal with this grow is mainly to see if I can bring a plant to maturity, results.

Okay. Ive wondered about the light and height over the plants. Ive never used and HID so the comparison is lost on me. I will research LED lights and height and see what I come up with, thank you for pointing it out to me. I have to say Im a little hesitant because the very tips of her leaves are sometimes very light under even when it was closer to 27" (it measures 22 inches now from the top of Thelma)

Tomorrow I plan to spend some quality time in the tent. Im thinking of tying Thelmas main branch down and making some of the others grow upward in its place.

I was also thinking of topping Louise, just once. Shes so little still, so I cant decide if I should yet, or maybe just wait.

:thumb:

Thelma and Louise - Day 25

Hello everyone. Ive been a little busy the last couple of days. I did take the time to snap some pics this evening. Ive been doing some thinking based on some posts here today and just some things that Thelma and Louise are telling me that need to happen. Im tired tonight, so Im not gonna get into it, but will tomorrow.

Here are some pics of the lovely ladies today:

Thelma - I took a bunch of random pics of her.

Her height of 5 1/2".
thelmaheight502.jpg

Thelma5021.jpg

Thelmaleaf5023.jpg

Thelma5025.jpg

Thelma5022.jpg

Louise:

Her height of 3".
louiseheight502.jpg

louise5021.jpg

louise5022.jpg

IMO, both Thelma and Louise are excellent candidates for topping right at this size.

Subbed, ladies are both looking very healthy! Amazing work on Louise to bring her back! The research I've done, looks as though it's best to top first and then LST the two main branches that come as a result. Just started LST on my lady so we shall see. Great journal!!

IMO, both Thelma and Louise are excellent candidates for topping right at this size.

Im glad you said this. I was planning to do it today, but now I have to wait for the lights to come on. Thelma will just get her top bent over and down and tied into place. Louise will get topped.

Im not really sure how to do the topping on Louise. She is just so tiny. haha. I dont want to take too much out but I do want to take something out and make her bush a little. Im thinking just to remove the two inner most leaves for her one and only topping.

sweet looking good :Namaste:

Hello Hard24get! :welcome: Feel free to browse the tent at your leisure and find a nice comfy place to sit while they grow from sweet babies to beautiful ladies.

Subbed, ladies are both looking very healthy! Amazing work on Louise to bring her back! The research I've done, looks as though it's best to top first and then LST the two main branches that come as a result. Just started LST on my lady so we shall see. Great journal!!

Hello Whitty! Welcome in! Thank you. Louise is quite the trooper. Shes taken all I have to throw at her so far and is still looking good despite me.

Thelma is an auto, so Im not cutting anything off of her. Ill just do the LST, low stress training, shaping her that way. Louise on the other hand is a photo, so I guess well see what she is made of when I lop off her head later. :)

Im glad you said this. I was planning to do it today, but now I have to wait for the lights to come on. Thelma will just get her top bent over and down and tied into place. Louise will get topped.

Im not really sure how to do the topping on Louise. She is just so tiny. haha. I dont want to take too much out but I do want to take something out and make her bush a little. Im thinking just to remove the two inner most leaves for her one and only topping.

Micro scale topping. Probably best to read up here a little. Great thread on topping with pics.

FIMming vs Topping

Back
Top Bottom