SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

Mornin Smokey....my bad brotha, forgot your in a tent! Ya , pretty hard to screw in 4 eye hooks eh....duhhh! Cheers pal!

S'all good, have a great friday bud :passitleft:

Will you be vegging in the same tent you will flower in? If not how are you going to handle the change in lights "on" times?

Yup sure am, I figure im not really gaining much by dedicating one tent veg and one to flower tent if im not gonna mess with keeping moms and cloning. I am going to try and keep the two tents offset on when I start flowering in each also so I have more frequent harvests. At times both tents will be on but one should be in veg mode using only half power anyway. My room can handle everything at once power wise but I like to be safe and the temps are a bit of an issue with all of them cranking at the same time :thumb:

S'all good, have a great friday bud :passitleft:

Yup sure am, I figure im not really gaining much by dedicating one tent veg and one to flower tent if im not gonna mess with keeping moms and cloning. I am going to try and keep the two tents offset on when I start flowering in each also so I have more frequent harvests. At times both tents will be on but one should be in veg mode using only half power anyway. My room can handle everything at once power wise but I like to be safe and the temps are a bit of an issue with all of them cranking at the same time :thumb:

Sounds like we walk in the same direction...lmao. :cool:

I use a room to flower and a cabinet in that room to veg. I just have to remember to close the cabinet door by the lights-off time of the flower room, and turn on the recirc fan/filter for the cabinet. But it is a delicate balance at times since I use central air to control temps and vent fans as well as recirc fans to move the air in both the cabinet and room. lmao, it sounds complicated, but it's not too bad...most times.

I feel you, I play a dance with my central air everyday to keep everything and everyone happy :rofl:

You put the bars on your lights for extra clearance didn't you? If so do you remember what you had to get?

Thanks!

I have a 4x4 tent on 10.5/13.5. And the other 4x4 10/14
Put a seed, a clone a plant in there and it blooms from the start and to the finish :)

Sounds way too easy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have a 4x4 tent on 10.5/13.5. And the other 4x4 10/14
Put a seed, a clone a plant in there and it blooms from the start and to the finish :)

Yup you were the inspiration for this change / simplification, should increase my yield also :high-five:

I feel you, I play a dance with my central air everyday to keep everything and everyone happy :rofl:

You put the bars on your lights for extra clearance didn't you? If so do you remember what you had to get?

Thanks!

Dude, I made a full-length post earlier today when I saw you ask...but either I may have forgotten to post it.

I went to Homer's and got some 1/8" x 12" threaded rod and matching nuts. I used 4 nuts per rod as well as 2 locking nuts per rod.. That's really it. The 12" rod works for any of the lights except the P1200 which I didn't test...so it still might.

Right on thanks bud, I need to make a Home Depot run anyway so I'll tack that on. Should be rocking and rolling in a week or so with both tents flowering, gotta up my output if I wanna keep the hash machine fead :thumb: now just gotta figure out the best way to adjust their wake up time by about 12 hours :)

found the pic I took for just this purpose...

hanger_mod_hardware.jpg

#8 hardware

Yeah, I only had 300's, but knew they were long enough for the 450 (and the 600, 900 accordingly). I'd say go with ziggy's hardware if you have 450's or larger. I'm sure these rods would hold a 450 too, but I'm a fan of over-engineering. You can also put a nut on either side of the eyelet, plus double up on the center ones to add further rigidity if it makes you feel better.

Better safe than sorry.

This is how far the pre-cut rods stick out on the 300...

20150302_112257.jpg

:cool:

Sounds like we walk in the same direction...lmao. :cool:

I use a room to flower and a cabinet in that room to veg. I just have to remember to close the cabinet door by the lights-off time of the flower room, and turn on the recirc fan/filter for the cabinet. But it is a delicate balance at times since I use central air to control temps and vent fans as well as recirc fans to move the air in both the cabinet and room. lmao, it sounds complicated, but it's not too bad...most times.

I am right there with ya guys.....lol, my veg tent I set up is in the same room I bloom in, and being in the basement I have to run the bloom lights to keep the veg tent temp up......sucks now cause don't have any to put in bloom.......maybe some from seed 11/13....lmao, any way I am noticing also that these tents aren't one hundred percent light proof.........I might just take down the tent and put me up a wall with a door......another note...a 6 in fan is way to big for a 3x3......lmao even on the lowest setting it is sucking the walls in....,I feel your pain smokey.....

Anyway sounds like your in for some grow room changes smokey good luck, oh and I noticed you bought a few more platinums, so they still those still the way to go?

I am right there with ya guys.....lol, my veg tent I set up is in the same room I bloom in, and being in the basement I have to run the bloom lights to keep the veg tent temp up......sucks now cause don't have any to put in bloom.......maybe some from seed 11/13....lmao, any way I am noticing also that these tents aren't one hundred percent light proof.........I might just take down the tent and put me up a wall with a door......another note...a 6 in fan is way to big for a 3x3......lmao even on the lowest setting it is sucking the walls in....,I feel your pain smokey.....

Anyway sounds like your in for some grow room changes smokey good luck, oh and I noticed you bought a few more platinums, so they still those still the way to go?

Nate if the flower room is empty just take all the veg plants and set them up in the flower room and shut the veg tent down for now. It is so much easier to take care of the veg plants in a bigger space!

Back
Top Bottom