SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

I'm interested in hearing the response to this too Nate. So much to learn, huh? :laughtwo:

So in veg I have pretty weak lights esp now that I have twice as big of tent. I usually start them at about 2' but have let them get to about 8" without any signs of problems but these were on more mature plants. I try and keep the babies and clones at around 2'. I think I am going to move my big platinum into the veg tent tonight. With it in my flower tent it stays a bit warmer than I like and my veg tent is now to cold. I'm hoping running it in the veg tent with the flower switch turned off by itself and maybe adding another p300 or p450 to my flower tent instead will work out better all around.

Since the upsize I did have to raise them higher than I liked and I had some stretching. With the MarsII 900 I doubt you will need to worry about that though, 2-3' depending on age should be good and maybe even more on seedlings like you have noticed or move them out to the very edge, the light is weaker the farther off to the side you go.

I do use upside down buckets or w/e from time to time to elevate a plant or a bunch of babies if I can't get it done with the lights, I prefer to just adjust the yoyos on the lights though the risers tend to get in the way of the other pots.

In the flower tent I try and keep about 2' between the lights and the plants, If I had cooler temps I could probably run closer but I am border line hot and dry already so I try and give them a good amount of distance.

Edit, I guess I didn't exactly answer the question. I do let them grow into the light but only till they get within a foot or so and then I raise the lights back up to where I like them and the cycle restarts :)

This learning to keep a tent in balance is tricky stuff until you've internalized it. Then it appears to become second nature. I'm hoping that happens soon. :laughtwo:

Oh and my bubba is supposed to be night time smoke as well but I just can't help myself :rofl:

:passitleft:

Might mix it with the panama..........hey side note, I got a little nug of gorilla glue #4 this weekend.....and found a beauty of a bean.....lol.now what I have read it is only a clone and 100 hundered were given out at the Michigan cc, so it is prolly a cross with something, but mystery beans that came from great smoke is always an adventure........:)

Nice!

I thought of that rolled a couple Js of panama, malawi and bubba. Takes about 3 sessions to make it through and then its night time for about 3-4 hours. Sure is a fun ride though and who doesn't like a good weed induced nap :rofl:

I didn't wake up till about 9 last night and was chopping my plants until 2am (Damn bubba naps) so I never took any pics last night. The plants both looked like crap anyway the whole transplant after stretch idea was epic fail. Anyway here are the buds drying and the clones and veg plants. Not sure if the clones will make it, I have the humidifier cranked for them but they are already droopy after a couple days so we will see.

DSC_7646_568DSC_7646_sm.JPG
DSC_7647_570DSC_7647_sm.JPG
DSC_7644_567DSC_7644_sm.JPG
DSC_7631_562DSC_7631_sm.JPG
DSC_7643_566DSC_7643_sm.JPG
DSC_7634_563DSC_7634_sm.JPG
DSC_7638_564DSC_7638_sm.JPG
DSC_7636_565DSC_7636_sm.JPG

Might mix it with the panama..........hey side note, I got a little nug of gorilla glue #4 this weekend.....and found a beauty of a bean.....lol.now what I have read it is only a clone and 100 hundered were given out at the Michigan cc, so it is prolly a cross with something, but mystery beans that came from great smoke is always an adventure........:)

It might of hermied or another plant in the crop might of, I doubt they had any male plants so hopefully its fem :high-five:

It might of hermied or another plant in the crop might of, I doubt they had any male plants so hopefully its fem :high-five:

That would be sweet.......I almost have to pop it now........:)......nice pull, got some monster colas. Hey on those clones, why do I sometimes see the leaves clipped on them? I hope to do some clones for the first time with this BD for sure and prolly all of them for practice......I found this maybe for our humidity problems.......if it works best 50 bucks you could spend........comes with heating mat.

I think it's done because they transpire water (hope thats the right word) out of the leaves so the less leaves the less water it needs to stay healthy but I really don't know for sure, I bet someone else does, chime in :) I tend to cut the whole leaf off except the top pair instead but don't know if I really should be or if I should be cutting the top pair in half also. My clones are really hit or miss and I don't do it often enough to really figure out why. I think some of them just get cut while the branches are to young older plants seem to do better for me.

Internalized it?

Internalized it; when I've reached the point where it registers as instinct and I don't question every step along the way. :laughtwo:

Smokey, on your reveg, how many bud sites did you leave? I have a plant that's asking to be revegged and I'm just now looking into the process.

Gotcha yup very true. So many things effect my in tent temps. 1 degree difference on my upstairs AC is a 4-5 degree in tent difference. My humidifier on high is good for -2 degrees. The cooler I set downstairs AC the less the upstairs one works and thats good for a couple degree swing. More than 10 degree or so change in outside temp is also noticeable. It's a huge juggling act :rofl: Someday I will have a dedicated mini-split, someday... :)

Smokey, on your reveg, how many bud sites did you leave? I have a plant that's asking to be revegged and I'm just now looking into the process.

About 3 or 4 nodes at the bottom of the branches I think it is. Just need to leave enough healthy growth for it to get light while it goes through it's identity crisis :rofl:

Also I think the earlier you cut them in the harvest window the better chance you will have :thumb:

Thanks Smokey. My tent runs 11/13 but the closet that feeds it runs 18/6. I'm figuring it needs to be in the closet with more light?

Thanks Smokey. My tent runs 11/13 but the closet that feeds it runs 18/6. I'm figuring it needs to be in the closet with more light?

Yup, back on the veg schedule as soon as you harvest her.

Thank you so much. You've answered all my questions about her. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Clipping fan leaves on clones tends to move more activity to the roots which is what we want with clones. You want enough leaf to support photosynthesis, but not enough to promote vertical growth.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom