SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

I got to see Pink Floyd back in the day, but I would love to see that show.

Let's go major......tickets to Vegas r cheap........lol. And my biggest delima when on vacation is grabbing a bag......lol. That's why Colorado and now your great state or on our vac list..........:passitleft:

Edit: major u have seen pink Floyd live.....you old timer.......lol.

Saw the 'Floyd starting back in '73 with the Dark Side of the Moon concert...many times after that, too. My favorite band. Going to see that Aussie Floyd group in Sept. in the Phoenix area. Heard they were pretty good...David Gilmore had them play for his 50th birthday a while back.

Let's go major......tickets to Vegas r cheap........lol. And my biggest delima when on vacation is grabbing a bag......lol. That's why Colorado and now your great state or on our vac list..........:passitleft:

Edit: major u have seen pink Floyd live.....you old timer.......lol.

Yep - that's me: dirt < Major
Floyd, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Steppenwolf, Stones, Iron Butterfly, Hendrix.
I grew up in L.A. and went to San Francisco once in a while. Plenty of great concerts.

I am proper jealous of you guys, I never got to see PF or most of the bands I have always liked. I got to see the dead twice but they were both after jerry was already umm dead :(

Figuring out where to get bud on vacation is always my hang up too. If I don't have any for a couple days my neck starts freaking out and I have a hard time eating if I don't smoke, takes me a few days to get hungry again unless I have some :passitleft:

After a nice long nap today I finally got around to chopping bubba. Gonna give panama another week and chop her with the malawi, she started a little growth spurt up the other day, must of heard me talking about chopping her :rofl: The Malawi has frosted right up in the last couple days too out of no where. Been a good week in the GR :high-five:

Some pics of bubba right before chop. I put her back in the veg tent and will get some pics of her in her reveg home tomorrow.

DSC_7545_570DSC_7545_sm.JPG
DSC_7548_571DSC_7548_sm.JPG
DSC_7554_574DSC_7554_sm.JPG
DSC_7550_572DSC_7550_sm.JPG
DSC_7571_575DSC_7571_sm.JPG
DSC_7567_577DSC_7567_sm.JPG
DSC_7569_576DSC_7569_sm.JPG

Have a good night all!

Wow, beautiful buds and color! You are going to have some great produce. Looking forward to the update.

Thanks all, this bubba exceeded expectations so far for sure. My entire house smelled like really strong piney pot last night :rofl:

Huge picture dump incoming :)

Drying buds
Tester malawi I cut last night with bubba, my patience only goes so far...
DSC_7605_591DSC_7605_sm.JPG

Tester panama
DSC_7604_590DSC_7604_sm.JPG

Bubba
DSC_7612_593DSC_7612_sm.JPG
DSC_7610_592DSC_7610_sm.JPG

DSC_7603_589DSC_7603_sm.JPG
DSC_7602_588DSC_7602_sm.JPG

Reveg
DSC_7595_586DSC_7595_sm.JPG
DSC_7594_585DSC_7594_sm.JPG

Veggers, tikals in the cups
DSC_7597_587DSC_7597_sm.JPG
DSC_7592_584DSC_7592_sm.JPG

Panama
DSC_7591_583DSC_7591_sm.JPG
DSC_7590_582DSC_7590_sm.JPG
DSC_7578_578DSC_7578_sm.JPG
DSC_7583_579DSC_7583_sm.JPG

Malawi
DSC_7586_581DSC_7586_sm.JPG
DSC_7584_580DSC_7584_sm.JPG

:passitleft:

Gorgeous smokey.......I'm gonna have to learn how to prune a bit.......I love how you just have bigger golfball sized buds.......looks like a lot less washing and grooming.

Hey I got some second run soil going.......I think I'm gonna put this BD in when she is ready to bloom.......now would light eating plants do good in multiple run soil or would it be or get to hot for them.......I got this zamadelica also in seedling stage.......

Edit: wonder how those reveg buds will taste like.....

Definitely POTM material. Those pre-chop pictures made me think of a box of chocolates. :laughtwo: What a gorgeous line up of specimens Smokey. They certainly like to grow thick colas for you, don't they? I need to watch you more closely.

Gorgeous smokey.......I'm gonna have to learn how to prune a bit.......I love how you just have bigger golfball sized buds.......looks like a lot less washing and grooming.

Hey I got some second run soil going.......I think I'm gonna put this BD in when she is ready to bloom.......now would light eating plants do good in multiple run soil or would it be or get to hot for them.......I got this zamadelica also in seedling stage.......

Edit: wonder how those reveg buds will taste like.....

It shouldn't be to hot you just don't need to drench them quite as much as the same plant in first run soil. I think i'm on third run now and still have only given these vegging plants one small GE feeding and they're doing great.

I don't really prune my plants its just how these strains turned out :thumb:

Definitely POTM material. Those pre-chop pictures made me think of a box of chocolates. :laughtwo: What a gorgeous line up of specimens Smokey. They certainly like to grow thick colas for you, don't they? I need to watch you more closely.

Thanks Sue :Namaste: :morenutes:

It shouldn't be to hot you just don't need to drench them quite as much as the same plant in first run soil. I think i'm on third run now and still have only given these vegging plants one small GE feeding and they're doing great.

I don't really prune my plants its just how these strains turned out :thumb:

Thanks Sue :Namaste: :morenutes:

So what signs would cue you that they needed another Energy drench? Do you just do water/Tea or water/Trans/Tea drenches? My understanding is that the foliars are fairly regularly scheduled events, every 7-10 days for each, but the drenches are individually driven. Following the instructions for the first three cycles should bring a level of familiarity for what each component of the Kit causes to occur in the plant/soil matrix interchange. I'm just trying to figure out what those of you with more experience are seeing that we novices may be missing.

I go by the color in my pictures since thats the only time I can see the real color of them. If they have a nice darkish green shiny color I leave them alone, if they start to lighten up or get dull I know it's time for a drench and I usually give the veg plants GE/Tea when I do drench them. These sativas don't really need much esp in veg, other than the 1 light GE/Tea drench when I up-potted out of the cups they haven't got anything but RO water. They're also in 3gal pots instead of the typical 1gal people usually go into from cups so that helps a lot with keeping them fed too. The Tikals in the cups are ready for an up-pot and drench, you can see the color of the bottom leaves starting to fade.

For flowering plants I try and balance that with where they are in the schedule to figure out how much of what I wanna give them.

I am also on third run soil and when I recycle I add some roots powder, 2nd run amendment, recycled plant matter and water it all in with some tea so my soil is nice and charged up already. If I was on normal first run soil they might need drenched bit more often.

I do the sprays pretty much by the book, brix on the weekends and a stress somewhere around wednesday is how it typically works out. :thumb:

Thanks Smokey. I come from LOS no-till, so all the transplanting and recharging is a series of new steps for me. Reading that it occurred to me that the soil in the pot holding my Auto Destroyer will need to be recharged. That cooks again for 30 days, right? I have more first run to replace it with for my Carnival.

Everything is looking great as usual Smokey! :thumb:

I've wondered this for a while but never asked, how much difference is there between a recharge and an amendment? We add the recharge to the soil around week 3 of flower without any concerns but if we amend the soil it has to cook. The cooking process is toxic until it is all broken down so why isn't the recharge toxic for a period of time?? Maybe this should go into the Q&A?

Everything is looking great as usual Smokey! :thumb:

I've wondered this for a while but never asked, how much difference is there between a recharge and an amendment? We add the recharge to the soil around week 3 of flower without any concerns but if we amend the soil it has to cook. The cooking process is toxic until it is all broken down so why isn't the recharge toxic for a period of time?? Maybe this should go into the Q&A?

The recharge isn't quite the same as the amendment but it's very, very similar in that it includes everything in the amendment PLUS some other things. The third run a amendment is quite a bit different, but the "kit" components are quite similar with some other stuff added to the recharge as noted.

The reason it doesn't need to cook and can be top dressed is because the roots are already established and the minerals are going to slowly work their way into the soil from the top, where they will be greeted by a robust and hungry biota.

The "toxic" part can be seen in the crust that forms on top of the soil a few days after giving the recharge.

Now, someone is going to read this post, fixate on the word "Toxic" and then go out and through sheer ignorance start saying, "Doc Bud's kit is toxic." First of all, Fuck them. (they'll do it soon enough) Secondly, it's not "toxic" like kerosene or bleach....it's just that plants won't grow in the crust, which is great for weed control and wind erosion. But it takes time for those minerals to combine and so forth which is why we wait a month.

It's not the same for plants that are already well established.

Again, we're using natural, organic substances. When the phosphorus and calcium combine at first they create a battery, and the electrostatic charges in the various minerals cause a crust to form. That crust won't germ seeds and won't allow roots to grow very well, but what's going on under the soil continues just fine.

Back
Top Bottom