SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

Thanks guys. :high-five:

I up-planted the reveg hurkle into a 10gal softie tonight. Gave her a roots dusting and then watered in with ~10ml transplant ~2ml tea in a little over 2 gal of water. She got about 1 gal of it and the rest got split between the other plants. Everything also got a stress spray.

The last batch of blue dream got jarred up tonight. I smoked a bit of one of the smallest buds and it already has an amazing blue berry flavor. This one is gonna be tasty in a few weeks. Ended up filling up one of my big cvaults and the medium size one I have. My best guess on final weight is somewhere around 3-4oz on this one. :passitleft:

Smokey, I think that's the best SLH I've seen! Wow! Spectacular! :bravo:

A little question on jarring? Didn't you just chop her last Saturday? Thought they needed bout a week?

Is it all about the stems snapping be fore you put them in the jars? And one more....lol. These boveda packs.....do you use them only to keep your harvest a desired RH after they are cured or do you use the boveda while you are still curing?

Everything looks happy in your tent......and I agree with graytail.....that SLH is beautiful......

Some new pics.

SLH

DSC_5813_289DSC_5813_sm.JPG

Think the SLH is starting to show a MG deficiency?

It might be, but that's some serious trichome density there too. Something is right.

:cool:

Right on thanks guys.

Your right Nate the BD got jared up fast this time. The outside was super crispy last night and the stems were almost dry enough to snap but not quite. I cut all the stems off and put it in the jar and its all soft again this morning. Since I jared it a bit early I will need to open the jars often to let them dry the rest of the way out. I think the dry air coming out of the AC vent in the closet was crisping the outsides up this time. Since I live in the desert drying is always hard to get right but I also don't have as much mold to worry about so I usually jar a little sooner than most people and then open the jars for a while multiple times a day for another few days or a week to let it finish up slowly. Ohh yeah plus the entire up stairs of the house smelled like fucking blue berries last night so I had to do something :high-five: :rofl:

Right on thanks guys.

Your right Nate the BD got jared up fast this time. The outside was super crispy last night and the stems were almost dry enough to snap but not quite. I cut all the stems off and put it in the jar and its all soft again this morning. Since I jared it a bit early I will need to open the jars often to let them dry the rest of the way out. I think the dry air coming out of the AC vent in the closet was crisping the outsides up this time. Since I live in the desert drying is always hard to get right but I also don't have as much mold to worry about so I usually jar a little sooner than most people and then open the jars for a while multiple times a day for another few days or a week to let it finish up slowly. Ohh yeah plus the entire up stairs of the house smelled like fucking blue berries last night so I had to do something :high-five: :rofl:

Hey Smokey, I put those little lizard hygrometers (like $4 from amazon) in the jars with Bovada packs and only open the jars when the humidity gets close to 70%. The longer you can go without opening the jars, the better the cure will be. Ideally if you could jar them up and not have to open them it will cure faster/better.

Thats a good idea. I use the metal cvaults though so I can't see inside. My downstairs is all tile so I worry about dropping a glass jar and having bits of glass mixed all through my harvest. These are a little more wet still than I expected so I might stick it in a brown paper bag and put it back up stairs for another day.

I don't use the bovida packs during curing anymore but I only have the 62% packs. The 50% ones might work better, the 62% were keeping them too moist for my liking so I have only been using them for long term storage at this point. I need to order some of the new ones and a couple more cvaults I am completely out of storage room at this point. Gotta love those good problems :high-five:

Edit, Neiko are you using the bodiva packs from the start and if so which ones are you using? I tried to use them from the start but it seemed like between the moisture from them and the buds still being a little moist kept them from ever drying out enough or curing.

I don't use the bovida packs during curing anymore but I only have the 62% packs. The 50% ones might work better, the 62% were keeping them too moist for my liking so I have only been using them for long term storage at this point. I need to order some of the new ones and a couple more cvaults I am completely out of storage room at this point. Gotta love those good problems :high-five:

Edit, Neiko are you using the bodiva packs from the start and if so which ones are you using? I tried to use them from the start but it seemed like between the moisture from them and the buds still being a little moist kept them from ever drying out enough or curing.

Once I get the buds to stabilize so the humidity isn't raising 1% an hour anymore I put them in jars with the 62 bovada pack. I thought they kept them too moist but the ones I thought were the moistest I got tested and it only had 9% moisture which was acceptable. The bovada website said they developed the 62s for curing cannabis. Somehow they determined the best humidity to cure at with the least chance of mold.

Hey neiko.....so if you were me you would buy the 62's and maybe he 50's when it's cured or just the 62's all the time....and what size packs do you get.....I think smokey told me the small ones....thanks bud

Im no expert but the 62s work for me and that's what bovada recommends for cannabis. I think they have a micro a small and large. I used the small the large won't fit in a quart mason jar. If you are using a larger jar you could use the big ones. Check out bovada's website they have some good videos.

Im no expert but the 62s work for me and that's what bovada recommends for cannabis. I think they have a micro a small and large. I used the small the large won't fit in a quart mason jar. If you are using a larger jar you could use the big ones. Check out bovada's website they have some good videos.

I did check them out and found the info....thanks man...just waiting to see what size you guys use. I do have half gallon mason jars......maybe a little over zealous.....lol. They were on sale.

That's another question I have do you pack the buds in tight even with the boveda packs?

Nice box nate :) How are you powering those fans? I could use something like that in my entertainment center to keep my new amp cooled :)

I don't really know about the different bodiva packs since the only ones I have tried are the 62s but I read in the bodiva thread on here that the 60% packs were created for tobacco and they found out they were a little to high on the RH for our use and made the ~50% packs. Order some of each and let us know :high-five:

The 60% do work good for me esp for long term storage as long as I let the bud get dried out properly first and then add them but it still seems just a little on the moist or soft side when it comes out and at least it seems like the extra moisture bothers my lungs when I smoke.

I would stick with the smalls either way though.

This blue dream is already the most sweet blueberry tasting bud I have ever had. Even with zero cure its just amazing even more so than any pure blueberry strains I have tried. Even the wife said it tasted amazing like really sweet blueberries and she never thinks bud tastes like anything but bud. I can't wait till its actually been cured :high-five: :passitleft:

Hey smokey the fans are 12v but they are wired with a plug in adaptor to 110v(house plug in). These only pull 2 cubic feet a minute but when I put a carbon filter behind it will definently be less. I guess my idea is to just move the air out not blowing on the herb. Any way I got them off eBay.....you can get really any size you want. You will pay a little more for the 110v ability, but who want to bring a car battery in the house.....lol. I suppose a lot of computer stuff is 12v too.

I think I will buy both RH packs and start with the 62.....I'll let you know how it works out. Looks like the 50% is actually 49%....

Wow, I hope my humbolt blue dream is like your second one......I can't taste it from here:passitleft:

Just have a vacation to vegas man, free blue dream Js as big as you can handle for any member of the high brix society is a waiting :)

I actually run a full desktop pc in my entertainment center hooked up to the tv so I could just wire the fans into its power supply, didn't even think of that... :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom