SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

Just get a 10 gal tote. It leaves room to maneuver and won't choke your airstone. My situation is similar Smokey in that my "room" is a 12x13 room with carpet too, so attention to not doing something stupid is in order as well as the 4x4 tray. But the tote works well and is still easy enough to fill/empty without the slippery slope of spilling then having to look stupid in front of the wife. You can also put the lid on it and use that as a small working surface.

I finally stopped drawing water as I need it and keep a 5 gal bucket in the garage full all the time. saves me an hour+ if I need 5 gal.

:cool:

Yeah I bought a couple of those culigan 5-gallon plastic jobs from Walmart and keep them full but that's cause my well water comes out at 57 degrees.....that might shock the ladies....I don't know that as fact but letting it warm up to like 69-70... Room temp seems like a good idea.....:bong:

Pretty stoked right now. We just scored some John Butler Trio tickets for june about 10min away from my house on the strip. :high-five: I have been wanting to see them for years now. A couple months ago I had enough waiting and was going to buy tickets at madison square garden to see them but they were all sold out. Thank god, I really don't like NYC and didn't want to go that far to see a concert but I was getting desperate :)

:party:

Pretty stoked right now. We just scored some John Butler Trio tickets for june about 10min away from my house on the strip. :high-five: I have been wanting to see them for years now. A couple months ago I had enough waiting and was going to buy tickets at madison square garden to see them but they were all sold out. Thank god, I really don't like NYC and didn't want to go that far to see a concert but I was getting desperate :)

:party:

Gonna be in Vegas next weekend.

Gonna be in Vegas next weekend.

No way really. If you have some free time I would love to meet you and burn one or more down. I live literally less than 10 min from the strip and have plenty of washed HB nug to spare, probably not gonna find it to many places in this city... Seriously let me know, would be an honor to meet the man IRL :thumb:

I'll even roll one of those multi paper bahama joints :tokin:

Some new pics. Blue dream is in beginning week 9 and other two are around week 4.5 to week 5 since flip.

The hurkle was looking a little unhappy this week. I gave her a bit of Epson salt, I think that was her issue.

SLH
DSC_5573_230DSC_5573_sm.JPG
DSC_5576_232DSC_5576_sm.JPG
DSC_5588_231DSC_5588_sm.JPG

Hurkle
DSC_5578_233DSC_5578_sm.JPG
DSC_5579_234DSC_5579_sm.JPG

Blue Dream
DSC_5584_235DSC_5584_sm.JPG
DSC_5583_236DSC_5583_sm.JPG
DSC_5583_230DSC_5583_sm.JPG

Hurkle Mom
DSC_5592_231DSC_5592_sm.JPG

Babies, 2 bigger ones are Pennywise the other is a blue blood.
DSC_5591_232DSC_5591_sm.JPG

No way really. If you have some free time I would love to meet you and burn one or more down. I live literally less than 10 min from the strip and have plenty of washed HB nug to spare, probably not gonna find it to many places in this city... Seriously let me know, would be an honor to meet the man IRL :thumb:

I'll even roll one of those multi paper bahama joints :tokin:

I'm looking forward to the next weekend! I'll be in touch.

The hurkle was looking a little unhappy this week. I gave her a bit of Epson salt, I think that was her issue.

Hurkle
DSC_5578_233DSC_5578_sm.JPG
DSC_5579_234DSC_5579_sm.JPG

I know that look! Paki does that drabby, olive green kind of look once in a while. It usually responds to a really good watering/flushing with 1/4 strength Transplant. Instead of a normal watering day, flush it a bit. Then follow up with a Tea, 1/4 Trans, GE drench the next time it can take water.

It's not a "salt lover." Those will usually show late bloom potassium def's, like the Blue Dream you have. The Hurkle is more of a nitrogen fixation thing. Somewhere, they get stalled between vigorous bloom, foliar feed, watering problem all happening at the same time. It seems like too much water causes it more, but I've seen it occur in my garden under a variety of circumstances. It's just a container garden thing, along with plants that are being pushed with foliars at a time when the soil can't really deal with it.

I don't know for sure how to stop it yet, but it's a rare thing and almost always corrects.

You're doing a great job bro! Everything, including the hurkle looks amazing.

I'm looking forward to the next weekend! I'll be in touch.

Me too :party:

I know that look! Paki does that drabby, olive green kind of look once in a while. It usually responds to a really good watering/flushing with 1/4 strength Transplant. Instead of a normal watering day, flush it a bit. Then follow up with a Tea, 1/4 Trans, GE drench the next time it can take water.

It's not a "salt lover." Those will usually show late bloom potassium def's, like the Blue Dream you have. The Hurkle is more of a nitrogen fixation thing. Somewhere, they get stalled between vigorous bloom, foliar feed, watering problem all happening at the same time. It seems like too much water causes it more, but I've seen it occur in my garden under a variety of circumstances. It's just a container garden thing, along with plants that are being pushed with foliars at a time when the soil can't really deal with it.

I don't know for sure how to stop it yet, but it's a rare thing and almost always corrects.

You're doing a great job bro! Everything, including the hurkle looks amazing.

Right on thanks I will try that. They really took off the last week with the CD and they're in smaller pots than usual this time. I have been needing to give them some water everyday or they dry out in two days to the point they are drooping already. I might up pot them for the rest of bloom its already annoying me.

:thanks:

Me too :party:

Right on thanks I will try that. They really took off the last week with the CD and they're in smaller pots than usual this time. I have been needing to give them some water everyday or they dry out in two days to the point they are drooping already. I might up pot them for the rest of bloom its already annoying me.

:thanks:

Small containers don't work as well, as you can see! My 7's are barely adequate. I really should go to 10's.

Flush is done on the hurkle, I ran about a gal and a half through her. She was going to be getting GE this weekend anyway and hadn't had any since flowering started so I will giver her a good shot in two days when she needs a heavy watering again. Do you think with the rapid growth that happened in the last week during the CDs she just ran out of energy? Last time I switched GE and Transplant pre CD and didn't have issues with her mom. Im thinking I might want to hit them with GE right before they get CD. Maybe me waiting till week 4 to CD has a part in this, they seem to almost double the bud size during the week of CD.

Of course this is all just stoned and half drunken conjecture so please tell me if i'm completely wrong :rofl: :thanks:

Thanks for the help, I really want to understand better and be able to adjust correctly based on what the plants are doing so I couldn't be more happy than to have some issues so I can learn :high-five:

Thanks Nate :high-five:

I am still trying to figure out the right amounts and times esp around CD time so please don't take this as the correct way. I have been experimenting because I always seem to have issues with the leaves starting right after CD although the buds take off and frost right up.

This time I did the following.
2/8 flip SLH
2/12 flip hurkle
Transplant once a week till CD, last one on 2/28
Top dress recharge on 2/28, didn't top dress worm castings this time
CD1 on 3/7, kept moist with plain water as needed till next one
CD2 on 3/10, I noticed the first signs of problems on the hurkle, gave a little bit of epsom salt thinking it was a MG def
Plain water till tonight when I flushed the hurkle and gave the SLH a bit of the same 1/4 strength transplant mix

Usually my leaves start to show signs of a problem in the days to a week or maybe two at the latest after the CD.

If anyone sees anything that should be changed I promise I wont be offended :) :thanks:

Thanks Nate :high-five:

I am still trying to figure out the right amounts and times esp around CD time so please don't take this as the correct way. I have been experimenting because I always seem to have issues with the leaves starting right after CD although the buds take off and frost right up.

This time I did the following.
2/8 flip SLH
2/12 flip hurkle
Transplant once a week till CD, last one on 2/28
Top dress recharge on 2/28, didn't top dress worm castings this time
CD1 on 3/7, kept moist with plain water as needed till next one
CD2 on 3/10, I noticed the first signs of problems on the hurkle, gave a little bit of epsom salt thinking it was a MG def
Plain water till tonight when I flushed the hurkle and gave the SLH a bit of the same 1/4 strength transplant mix

Usually my leaves start to show signs of a problem in the days to a week or maybe two at the latest after the CD.

If anyone sees anything that should be changed I promise I wont be offended :) :thanks:

Your schedule is fine. Like we talked about earlier, small containers are tricky and sometimes the plants will go on huge growth spurts and then run out of energy, then get it back, etc.

I suggest perhaps using more Growth Energy in veg and at least one good dose before the Cat Drench. But like you said, the buds look good!

Back
Top Bottom