SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

I think it was the problem on the blue dream. The hurkle and SLH are in first run soil I realized today when I was up looking at my bins and they are doing great. The BD vegged for at least 4 months plus everything else and the soil is a lot like you guys were describing so I think that was the issue. I gave it an oversized top dress of recharge back when doc thought it needed it and it seems to have stopped getting worse :high-five:

Its all good this blue dream is a total experimentation plant. I have WAY more than enough from the last one still we have barely put a dent in it so I am happy to make mistakes with this one if I can learn something from them. :thanks:

Hey smokey and the guys....,look at these if you would. Remember I added the extra light and moved them up. The first 2 pics are doing awesome....in my inexperienced opinion.....but look at the last one. What could b causing the drooping? They all got watered with nutes yesterday. But the drooping has been going on, well bout since the second light got put in. The lights are 25 inches from the hurting one and only get closer to the other two. Here they are....remember these aren't hb plants.
image21084.jpg

image21085.jpg

this is the hurting lady
image21086.jpg

Edit: these are all different strains.....the droopy one is Big Bang auto.

Nematode, how big is your pot with the droopy leaves? Are the rots root bound or too moist between feedings/waterings?

They are all in three gallon air pots.....and she felt as light a the others. The only diff is she is rite beside the humidifier....like I said before there is not enough room in my room. Lol. Can a plant get root bound in an air pot? I will definently let her dry out some more.

The RH in my room now is 49 with humidifier on, Maybe could just turn humidifier off?

One other thing...I haven't been running purified water through the humidifier......could that not b helping me?

Its hard to tell scale in the pictures but that one looks pretty big for a 3gal air pot. Is she the same size as the others? Air pots wont get root bound in the same sense as a normal pot with the roots all spun up around the bottom but they can run out of room.

If you think it being to close to the humidifier is the problem you could rotate them so she is in a new spot for a week and see what happens.

Its hard to tell scale in the pictures but that one looks pretty big for a 3gal air pot. Is she the same size as the others? Air pots wont get root bound in the same sense as a normal pot with the roots all spun up around the bottom but they can run out of room.

If you think it being to close to the humidifier is the problem you could rotate them so she is in a new spot for a week and see what happens.

As far as the size, yeah she has actually caught up to the BB..same height....and about 4 inches shorter then the other. I mean she seems to be growing...just looks like hell. I guess she is much more full or thicker through the middle...

I am gonna rotate them and see where it goes...thanks smokey and ziggs:thumb:

Nematode, very nice! Have you tried placing the airpots in a wider bucket, sink etc and soaking w a drench from bottom/sides?

I have thought about that....I don't wanna seem redundant, but remember these aren't in hb. With that said would I just mix up a tea of the nutes I'm using(general organics line) and proceed the same way that you do a hb root drench?

The wet/dry cycle is intrinsic to growing...not just high brix. Experiencing slight dry periods encourages the root mass to grow seeking water. Doesn't matter if it's high brix or any other soil. :cool:

We were at the nascar race this weekend so wasn't around much. Quick catch up.

Hurkle and SLH got 8m CD and 1ml tea split between them late saturday night. Everything got some plain water last night and stress spray. The Hurkle and SLH are starting to need some water everyday already. I think I might of messed up when I put the pots together and used my 5gal sides with the 7gal bottoms. It makes sense now I couldn't figure out why they didn't fit quite right... :rofl:

I have been considering switching to the cloth pots. I love everything about the airpots except that they can't wick anything out of the saucers. If I get run off it stays till it either evaps or I vac it out. Kind of a pita...

I have been considering switching to the cloth pots. I love everything about the airpots except that they can't wick anything out of the saucers. If I get run off it stays till it either evaps or I vac it out. Kind of a pita...

I agree with that smokey I got two more 7 gallon one coming for the hb plants, but after I ordered them I had the same thought can't really bottom feed.....

Well I own a little metal fab, tool and die shop with my dad we got a couple of Mazak cnc lasersand a tool room .....I might come up with some kind of new base that attaches directly to the bottom....lol I love modifying things....what the heck I got time my soil is only on week 2....:allgood:

I leave my timers alone when the time change happens. Its not like the plants know we invented some silly hour ahead or fall back rule. Just takes a day or two to get used to them turning on and off at the new times :)

Back
Top Bottom