SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

The minerals keep the gnats down. Topdress each plant 2 tbspn re-charge and water it in. It's no coincidence you have bug problems and plant problems....low minerals will mean low pH and low pH will lower brix and invite bugs.

It happens less and less as the soil gets tuned in....and then after 4 runs or so another type of problem happens. When the soil pH is too high from all the rock powders added and re-added, along with some salt buildup, the soil tends to invite mold, mildew and various other trouble with it.

The re-charge is designed to keep the mineral content up, hence the pH buffering it provides. It locks the soil in at 6.5.

Yep PM happened to me my last run but once they dug into the soil they got healthy. Not as healthy as I would have liked them to be but they made it. I think it was more me than the soil, I contributed to about 99% of it.

Add Pro-mix every 3 runs otherwise you'll have mud.

Yep PM happened to me my last run but once they dug into the soil they got healthy. Not as healthy as I would have liked them to be but they made it. I think it was more me than the soil, I contributed to about 99% of it.

Add Pro-mix every 3 runs otherwise you'll have mud.

I really need to figure out a better way to keep track of what soil is on what run. Mine ends up getting mixed up to the point I have no idea anymore I guess its somewhere between 1 run and 3 at this point :rofl: Last time (its still cooking not currently in use) I added some fresh pro-mix and 2nd run amendment. This was the first time I have added either during recycle. If I can't figure a good way to keep it all separate I think im just going to add some of each every time to be safe.

Do we need to worry about getting to much amendment in the soil like we do not having enough or is there a bigger margin of error for having to much? I like to error on the side of the least impact if i'm going to error :thumb:

I really need to figure out a better way to keep track of what soil is on what run. Mine ends up getting mixed up to the point I have no idea anymore I guess its somewhere between 1 run and 3 at this point :rofl: Last time (its still cooking not currently in use) I added some fresh pro-mix and 2nd run amendment. This was the first time I have added either during recycle. If I can't figure a good way to keep it all separate I think im just going to add some of each every time to be safe.

Do we need to worry about getting to much amendment in the soil like we do not having enough or is there a bigger margin of error for having to much? I like to error on the side of the least impact if i'm going to error :thumb:

I actually defer to Curso on the soil recycling....he's really got it down. I know he adds fresh mix and doesn't always re-ammend.

FWIW, if you can make a dirt clod and it sticks together or becomes hard to brush off your hand your calcium levels are low and magnesium levels are high.....which is an indication that you need more minerals and some fresh mix.

I kinda do the same thing with mixing the soil bro. Just try to transplant into the fresher stuff and let the stuff in from the pots dry out a bit. If its really clumpy (I call it muddy) its time to add more pro-mix and fluff it back up, if you needed to use a lot of pro-mix you'll want to add ewc and amendment. Generally that is after every 3rd run.

Between the 1st and 2nd, 2nd and 3rd I just add a handful of roots to root balls and all the other organic matter that wont be used as medicine. After breaking them up. Cover and use when needed. Really that is every time I dump pots I add a bit of roots. Maybe not a full handful but enough to dust it.

Keep me posted please, how the cal/mag works out. You're in RO, correct?

Yeh doc...govs right. These aren't in hb....and I not using r/o yet, but I will let u all know how they react...I have fairly good well water.....I was headed to menards this weekend anyway....I'm gonna pick up a water test kit. I guess the only thing I'm concerned with is the iron levels....the ph runs at about 8.

Which leads me to my question.....what does r/o water test at for ph? Is it relative to the water you r conditioning?

Hey smokey, guys....ok I got those two lights hung and the room runs at about 80 with on....but because I took that space heater out of the equation the room gets down to around 65 with lights off. You think that is to much of a temp swing?

Jeeze feels like I'm stealing your journal smokey......:sorry:.....I'm gonna start a brix journal when the time comes

Hey boys I got another one..it has to do with basic watering technique.....do you always water until you have run off. For example, every time I water my 3gallon airpots, they get a whole gallon apiece weather it's is mixed with nutes or not. I seem to get bout a coffee cup worth of runoff every time. Now am I just washing all the nutes out of the water, when it's is just plain water time?

Guess I would like to know if you water till runoff everytime.....

Hey smokey, guys....ok I got those two lights hung and the room runs at about 80 with on....but because I took that space heater out of the equation the room gets down to around 65 with lights off. You think that is to much of a temp swing?

Jeeze feels like I'm stealing your journal smokey......:sorry:.....I'm gonna start a brix journal when the time comes

Are you talking veg or flower?

Well they are all autos and all in different stages about a week apart...planted at same time. Farthest along is bout 3 weeks in flower and youngest just going into flower.....I guess a long answer for flower but both techniques I could b schooled on......lol

Reason why I ask cuz in veg you want the day and night temps to be as close as possible, think spring/summertime. Mid 70s is perfect with humidity up
For flower you want a gap but not a significant gap, think fall season with lower humidity.
You should be good with where you are but your night temp shouldn't get any lower.

Hey boys I got another one..it has to do with basic watering technique.....do you always water until you have run off. For example, every time I water my 3gallon airpots, they get a whole gallon apiece weather it's is mixed with nutes or not. I seem to get bout a coffee cup worth of runoff every time. Now am I just washing all the nutes out of the water, when it's is just plain water time?

Guess I would like to know if you water till runoff everytime.....

When I used normal nutes I would let them run off some on the plain waterings between feedings. Don't want the salts to build up to much. :thumb:

Gonna Cat drench the two younger girls this weekend nothing else major going on. The top dress seemed to have fixed my issue on the blue dream, thanks Doc. :high-five:

When I used normal nutes I would let them run off some on the plain waterings between feedings. Don't want the salts to build up to much. :thumb:

Gonna Cat drench the two younger girls this weekend nothing else major going on. The top dress seemed to have fixed my issue on the blue dream, thanks Doc. :high-five:

Thanks smokey.....gonna get some pics with that cat drench?

Yup I like to get before and afters of it, probably take them tomorrow during their sleepy time and hit them with the CD tomorrow night. Will be around 4 full weeks since flip on the SLH and a little closer to 3.5 on the Hurkle. :thumb:

I kinda do the same thing with mixing the soil bro. Just try to transplant into the fresher stuff and let the stuff in from the pots dry out a bit. If its really clumpy (I call it muddy) its time to add more pro-mix and fluff it back up, if you needed to use a lot of pro-mix you'll want to add ewc and amendment. Generally that is after every 3rd run.

Between the 1st and 2nd, 2nd and 3rd I just add a handful of roots to root balls and all the other organic matter that wont be used as medicine. After breaking them up. Cover and use when needed. Really that is every time I dump pots I add a bit of roots. Maybe not a full handful but enough to dust it.

Hey Curso I just caught something in this that I missed the first 10 times I read it :rofl:

You only add more EWC if you add more pro-mix? I have been adding close to the same amount as an original cook each time I recycle.

Thanks!

Yep just when I add more pro-mix. Otherwise its all the leaf from veg and defoliation, that covers the in between periods.

Thanks I think that might be a part of my problem. I have been adding it every time AND going too heavy on the top dress. My problems always seem to start shortly after I TD worm castings. Im not gonna give the the hurkle and SLH any TD of WC this time they should have plenty already :rofl:

Here are some nighttime pre CD pics. Enjoy

SLH
DSC_4688_202DSC_4688_sm.JPG
DSC_4688_210DSC_4688_sm.JPG
DSC_4693_203DSC_4693_sm.JPG

DSC_4696_205DSC_4696_sm.JPG

Hurkle
DSC_4694_204DSC_4694_sm.JPG
DSC_4701_207DSC_4701_sm.JPG
DSC_4703_208DSC_4703_sm.JPG
DSC_4699_206DSC_4699_sm.JPG

And a BD bud close up
DSC_4704_209DSC_4704_sm.JPG

:thanks:

Got some BD in flower now, hope they look as good as yours.:thumb:

Nice! Yours will probably look even better than mine :thumb: Between not enough rocks and to much worm shit I had her all messed up. Buds still look great though :)

Feel free to plop some pictures of her in here as you go along if you want :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom