SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

re: SmokeyMcFly's Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry Highbrix LED Grow

Do u use cal mag? If so how much and what weeks?

Nope, the microbes munch the rocks and feed the plants what they need. Some really mag hungry strains can benefit from a bit of epsom salt from time to time but I haven't needed it. The only problems I have had with any of my HB grows has been environment related especially once I started tuning the soil with the last harvest leftovers, MJ really likes to eat it's elders it seems :rofl:

Plants all got brix spray tonight and are getting a nice feeding of energy with a good shot of transplant along for fun. They haven't got much drench the last few weeks. Gonna be transplanting and flipping the SLH tomorrow and will give the hurkle long enough that I can get a clone or two off of her incase the reveg fails. Also going to be harvesting the rest of the blue dream buds and the couple buds left on the hurkle reveg. After seeing how much frostier they got after going longer im thinking I might be chopping a bit early so I am going to wash them both and get it dried up so I can see what kind of timing I prefer.

The flowering blue dream also got a pretty heavy pruning today. Here's whats left of her :thumb:
DSC_4261_097DSC_4261_sm.JPG
DSC_4262_098DSC_4262_sm.JPG

Whats left of the last blue dream
DSC_4266_099DSC_4266_sm.JPG
DSC_4272_101DSC_4272_sm.JPG

Hurkle Reveg close up
DSC_4276_102DSC_4276_sm.JPG

SLH
DSC_4280_103DSC_4280_sm.JPG
DSC_4281_104DSC_4281_sm.JPG

Hurkle
DSC_4283_105DSC_4283_sm.JPG
DSC_4284_106DSC_4284_sm.JPG

BD in the drying room, the lighting is really yellow in there.
DSC_4286_107DSC_4286_sm.JPG

Finished Hurkle from last chop
DSC_4294_108DSC_4294_sm.JPG
DSC_4299_109DSC_4299_sm.JPG

:thanks: Have a great weekend all!:circle-of-love:

Blue dream jared / bagged up.

Looks like i'm gonna need some more containers. I know we have some mason jars somewhere in the house but my wife hides EVERYTHING from me...

Initial smoke report:
This one turned out heavy on the sativa side and I couldn't be happier. It's not cured yet so I assume it will mellow out some but right now it has a really energetic creative talkative high to it. I usually don't talk much and after a bowl or so of this I can't shut up for an hour or two. It's going to be fantastic for waking up and working. Not sure exactly what the weight is but I am sure it's a lot more than I was trying for, plus there's probably another ounce on the plant still :rofl:

I am thinking about running half of it as bubble hash this weekend but its already dry so not sure. Would be nice to be able to stuff some hash balls into my cowboy killers for break time during the day :blunt::geek::nomo:

DSC_4300_110DSC_4300_sm.JPG

Congrats on the mega yield! :bravo:

Talkie pot, you say :slide: ... sounds delicious! :love:

I have to grow me a Blue Dream one day. Is yours the Humbolt?

Thanks GT! Grats again on your POTY it looks good above your avatar pic :bravo:

It is from Humbolt, I bought a three pack of fem seeds and only planted two of them so I still have one more hopefully to grow someday. It's very different than any blue dream I have ever had from a dispensary, much more potent and sativa dom in bud structure and the nice fun creative, talkie high. If it ends up with a good flavor it will be one of my all time favorites but to be fair every time I try a new HB strain it becomes my favorite at least until the next one comes along :) It's to soon to tell what the flavor's going to end up like but I will let you guys and gals know in a few weeks.

I think you're the second guy I've seen turn out a great Humbolt Blue Dream, plus s'finder has that strain rated second, under the genuine clone. So, good, that'll be the one I run. Thanks. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So ... "cowboy killers" ... i love the term. The more I think about it the more I think it must be good ol' marlboro reds themselves? He was the cowboy after all.

Haha yup, Love the Marb Reds. Didn't BID used to grow the HSO blue dreams also. His journals were where I first learned about the strain and decided I had to grow one.

RIP BID :circle-of-love:

Plants got 3ml tea, 10ml energy, 4ml transplant in about 1.5 gal of water split between them tonight. I also top dressed the BD with recharge. Time to start :morenutes: that thing, week three started a couple days ago I think.

I did an energy drench on my HSO BD this morning too...lol

Hey man, on the dry bud/trim, don't worry about it being dry. It'll still make really good hash. When you put it in the water, just let it sit for 5-10 mins before you wash it.

:cool:

Thanks GT! Grats again on your POTY it looks good above your avatar pic :bravo:

It is from Humbolt, I bought a three pack of fem seeds and only planted two of them so I still have one more hopefully to grow someday. It's very different than any blue dream I have ever had from a dispensary, much more potent and sativa dom in bud structure and the nice fun creative, talkie high. If it ends up with a good flavor it will be one of my all time favorites but to be fair every time I try a new HB strain it becomes my favorite at least until the next one comes along :) It's to soon to tell what the flavor's going to end up like but I will let you guys and gals know in a few weeks.

That's was nice reading....I too got a blue dream from humbolt......will have to hone my skills and get docs kit before I pop that one. I also got an amnesia from super strains....it is also supposed to be heavy on the sativa side too. Both look like they got long flowering times but sounds like its worth the wait....great info smokey.

Good to know thanks Gov! I probably wont run half of it but maybe a quarter plus most of whats left on the plant still. Not sure yet I change my mind about every hour :)

I showed the wife the jar of BD this morning and she was all excited. Then I showed her the bag and she about shat :rofl:

Perfect timing. My Blue Blood and Pennywise seeds showed up today just in time for this weekends transplanting session. :party: I plan on doing it later tonight but if I get lazy it might not happen till tomorrow :lot-o-toke:

Smokey, you are hilarious....I've had those daze as well....

TGA has some legit strains. The penny will be my third of his now and I have loved everyone of them! I just wish he would come out with fem only seeds its a pita for me to grow normal seeds.

Smokey, you are hilarious....I've had those daze as well....

I have a lot of those days and today turned into one of them, shocker :lot-o-toke: This HB bud really is no joke. My wife took two hits off the hurkle tonight and was like why does this stuff make you so stoned so fast :rofl: :high-five: I told her that was kinda the point...

A picture of tomorrows hash project prep on its way into the freezer for the night. Its ~half dry BD and ~half just cut bd from what was left on the plant. I also threw some Amazonia in there that I have had laying around and never get to smoking but it was probably only 1/8oz. Just trying to do some cleaning up so im not to far over my limit incase anyone ever came a nockin. I think the looser bud structure of the BD will work better than the really dense indies I have ran in the past.

DSC_4442_111DSC_4442_sm.JPG
DSC_4433_112DSC_4433_sm.JPG

Hope everyone is having a good night.

I hope I am not breaking any rules with this post but this is not intended to be a commercial venture just something I have been wanting to work on in my spare time.

So I have been thinking about doing this for a while now and now that I am off the garbage and my brain is working again I think I am finally going to get around to it. I am going to build some software, either a website or an app, haven't decided yet to schedule and track grows. I would like to get it to the point that it can run analysis on past grows to help us determine what works best for a specific strain.

It will be tailored to HB and focus on recording and scheduling at first but I would like to create it to be flexible enough that with enough data any nute system could be used in it.

Here are the things I have thought of so far:

:peace: The ability to enter your pot sizes, medium type light type/ number / watts and strain type
:peace: The ability to enter metadata about your nutes
:peace: Enter the approximate flowering time and have it create a feeding schedule for you.
:peace: The ability to customize the generated schedule.
:peace: The ability to adjust the template that generates the custom schedule.
:peace: The ability to view the custom schedule on a calendar
:peace: The ability to send reminders for normal schedule and for any custom events you want to add to your calendar.
:peace: The ability to analyze past grows and make suggestions for improvements to your schedule.
:peace: The ability to upload pictures, based on date
:peace: The ability to record environmental data, RH, temps, light distance per date
:peace: The ability to record good and bad actions that had an effect on the garden and what the effect was and when it happened.
:peace: The ability to record results, including yield, potency, flavor, generic memo field
:peace: The ability to view your pictures from the calendar so you can easily see what things were looking like at any given time of the grow.
:peace: A slideshow displaying the dates so you can watch your progress of any recorded grow overtime quickly
:peace: Analysis comparing following factors:
* Strain type
* Nute type
* Medium type
* Feeding schedule and amounts
* Environmental factors
:peace: The ability to share a grow to be viewable by others and or for crowdsource analysis to further improve the results of people growing similar styles and strains

If you can think of anything else that you would like to see it do just let me know and I can add it to the list if I think its doable and the return is worth the time investment. :thanks:

I especially like the Calendar idea, Smokey...

I currently use HerbIQ for recording all my data, but it does not have a full blown Calendar and that would be a nice addition.

Love your thought processes so far...I'm on board...great idea!

Back
Top Bottom