SIP - Pity Do Dah, SIP - Pity A

Thanks All & I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas ! I went to church for the first time in over 30 years. X-mas on a Sunday made me feel like I was suppose to go. It's not how I remember it & there were only 20 people or so there. Makes me wonder what this world is coming to ?
After church, I went to my stepson's grave for a brief visit. He was born on X-mas & was murdered a day or two after Easter in 2012. Felt like I was being called to do that too.
Then my son & I went to my sister in laws for X-mas dinner with all the goodies. Gave the nephews weed for X-mas.
Made their day.
All in all, a pretty good day for me.

Anyway, I'm having a little problem trying to get my new journal started. The 4x4 tents I bought apparently aren't 4x4.
Of course they only come with 2 lousy hanging bars which is nowhere near enough. I use about 6 in a 4x4. So got out my other hanging bars for a 4x4 & they are about 2" too long. Crock of shit if you ask me. I'm taking the tent down & returning both of them. I'll have to put up a 4x8 & use 1/2 of it. Maybe put a Mylar Blanket down the center to make it 4x4. I'll update once I figure things out.

Thanks All & I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas ! I went to church for the first time in over 30 years. X-mas on a Sunday made me feel like I was suppose to go. It's not how I remember it & there were only 20 people or so there. Makes me wonder what this world is coming to ?
After church, I went to my stepson's grave for a brief visit. He was born on X-mas & was murdered a day or two after Easter in 2012. Felt like I was being called to do that too.
Then my son & I went to my sister in laws for X-mas dinner with all the goodies. Gave the nephews weed for X-mas.
Made their day.
All in all, a pretty good day for me.

Anyway, I'm having a little problem trying to get my new journal started. The 4x4 tents I bought apparently aren't 4x4.
Of course they only come with 2 lousy hanging bars which is nowhere near enough. I use about 6 in a 4x4. So got out my other hanging bars for a 4x4 & they are about 2" too long. Crock of shit if you ask me. I'm taking the tent down & returning both of them. I'll have to put up a 4x8 & use 1/2 of it. Maybe put a Mylar Blanket down the center to make it 4x4. I'll update once I figure things out.
Sounds good for the soul Buds, glad you had a great day

Got some things done yesterday. Got the 4x4 down & the 4x8 Gorilla grow Tent up (Just the tent so far). I bought it used so going to wash it down with bleach water before I use it. Still in like new condition though so worth $150 all day.
Hot water heater has been on the blink for a week now. Put a new T-stat & Heating Element in & seems to be working so far. Put in a new garbage disposal & hooked up a dishwasher (this place never had one). Yeah, was a busy day yesterday. Had to get chit done so I could get to work on this tent. Only 4-5 days to get it ready. Hopefully nothing else needs fixing to get in the way.
The urge to get growing is killing me.... lol.

It's been 3 weeks since I last posted pics of my GG Auto. This is what she looked like 3 weeks ago.
377.JPG
378.JPG

And this is her today.
DSCF1731 (2).JPG
DSCF1733 (2).JPG
DSCF1734 (2).JPG
DSCF1735 (2).JPG
DSCF1736 (2).JPG

She's grown quite a bit in 3 weeks. She's only around 8" - 10" below the light now. But it's only in a 2x4x6 tent also. I could probably fit 2 Auto's in the 2x4 if I wanted to squeeze them in. But I feel that cuts off light to a lot of the branches which in turn makes for smaller buds & less yield. For that reason I tend to leave space between my plants as much as possible.
I started filling my res twice per day about 2 weeks ago. She went from feeding once every 3 days, to every 2 days pretty fast. Then about a week later I was filling daily. And a week after that twice per day. This plant is being fed Maxi- grow & Bloom with Cal-Mag added.

Anyway, I'll be getting my 4x8 tent finished up today & tomorrow; so I can start my new journal on Sunday or Monday.
See you there ! (I hope)

Since I don't have a lot of experience with Auto's I'm testing out light so to speak. I'm running my light at 20/4. But I'm not closing my tent at all. Leaving it open 24/7 to see if it hermies or not. It's still fairly dark in the room, but not as dark as with a closed tent. But, since they say you can run your light 24 hours a day with an Auto, I wondered if leaving the tent open during the 4 hours of lights out would cause it to hermie. Only one way to find out..... Test it !

It's been 3 weeks since I last posted pics of my GG Auto. This is what she looked like 3 weeks ago.
377.JPG
378.JPG

And this is her today.
DSCF1731 (2).JPG
DSCF1733 (2).JPG
DSCF1734 (2).JPG
DSCF1735 (2).JPG
DSCF1736 (2).JPG

She's grown quite a bit in 3 weeks. She's only around 8" - 10" below the light now. But it's only in a 2x4x6 tent also. I could probably fit 2 Auto's in the 2x4 if I wanted to squeeze them in. But I feel that cuts off light to a lot of the branches which in turn makes for smaller buds & less yield. For that reason I tend to leave space between my plants as much as possible.
I started filling my res twice per day about 2 weeks ago. She went from feeding once every 3 days, to every 2 days pretty fast. Then about a week later I was filling daily. And a week after that twice per day. This plant is being fed Maxi- grow & Bloom with Cal-Mag added.

Anyway, I'll be getting my 4x8 tent finished up today & tomorrow; so I can start my new journal on Sunday or Monday.
See you there ! (I hope)
Wow that's a beautiful bushy girl you have there buds you are thriving 😁

Holy crap! That's a big auto. Well done. I guess my theory of a SIP bucket being the ideal grow pot for an auto looks like it holds water. :thumb:

Why would you think leaving the door open might create hermies on an auto? They're not triggered by light but rather their internal clock. The only thing more light will do is help maximize their daily dli for maximum plant size. I guess I'm not sure what you are testing.
:hmmmm:

Holy crap! That's a big auto. Well done. I guess my theory of a SIP bucket being the ideal grow pot for an auto looks like it holds water. :thumb:

Why would you think leaving the door open might create hermies on an auto? They're not triggered by light but rather their internal clock. The only thing more light will do is help maximize their daily dli for maximum plant size. I guess I'm not sure what you are testing.
:hmmmm:
Like I said, don't have a lot of experience with auto's.

Well I've spent the last 6 hours getting this tent ready for my next grow..... And still not done.... lol. Getting close though.
Maybe 20% left to do. I'm hoping to do kind of an introduction to my grow tonight & start the grow tomorrow. Getting pics & info together as I go. Be glad to get this rolling as I'm looking forward to building this 12 gal. SIP with Float & Reservoir to feed a res. Yeah, I bought the floats, so time to test it out.
Joint Break over.... bummer. Back to work.

Back
Top Bottom