Should i thin the leaves?? First time grower!!

sammysamsam

420 Member
Hi

I have on the left gorilla glue and on the right northern lights. Gorilla glue is further into flower than northern lights. Should I take some of the shade leaves off? Unsure what to do at this point of the grow, I have been feeding once a week with a npk feed. They are in a greenhouse with door open fpr privacy atm, should I cut roof off or add more holes for aeration? Do they need more space etc? Help haha! Any advice for this would be appreciated 🙏

Thanks growers this is by far the most useful resourceful place I have found I am so greatful ❤️❤️

20241007_163910.jpg

20241007_163924.jpg

20241007_163928.jpg

Several questions which can help some of us relate to what we are seeing.

Are these are auto-flower plants or photo-period?

When did they sprout and start growing?

Are you planning on bringing them inside later on or will they be outside until harvest?

.....on the left gorilla glue and on the right northern lights. Gorilla glue is further into flower than northern lights.
The one on the right does not look like it is ready to start flowering yet. The plant has to reach a stage in its life where it is sexually mature. Once that stage is reached it can start to flower.

Should I take some of the shade leaves off?
Not yet. From what I can see there are not all that many to spare on either plant yet.

Not sure what part of the world you are living but the plants look behind schedule if they are going to stay outdoors until harvest.That does depend on where you and your plants are.

They look nice and healthy, and no, absolutely NOT, don't take any leaves off. The only real reason to do so, is if you are having air flow or humidity issues, and it does not appear to be the case for you.

Imho nope on the trimming, first neither of the plants are that bushy so light is getting thru

second the fan leaves do so many functions… photosynthesis turning light into energy, cuz what is food for a plant? Their primary food source is light, less leaves = less groceries to munch on, transpiration is the movement of water from roots and being released by leaf stomata, next there’s nutrient storage… nutes that have been processed are stored in the fans, this is way useful for later in flower.

Only change I’d make is putting some air space between the 2 weed plants. They like to spread out, have some elbow room and generally speaking weed plants shouldn’t touch each other…

That and maybe add an electric fan or remove the greenhouse cover, but personally I wouldn’t cut the roof off or cut in extra vent holes… maybe set the frame up on improvised spacers like 2X4 or bricks to get air moving down low

Looks fantabulous, you are doing a great job with your ladies!!!

Back
Top Bottom