Season of Autos - 2016 Soon To Be Spring Grow - Mars Hydro LED

Anyway, I haven't had any major increase in utility expense with the LED and through my limited research it just became apparent to me that more light is beneficial to both veg and finish. Genetics and selection of seeds start the grower an opportunity to get a quality product and feminized seeds eliminate a frustration.

I don't know much about PAR or spectrum. I don't know much about what happens below the soil. I'm a recovering alcoholic and think in such a way as "if two martinis is good, 3 or 4 must be better". So, more light is better.

I started these seeds with the LED 38 inches above soil line. When I added the additional Mars Hydro II 900, I moved both lamps to the top of the tent. I have a variable speed control for my 6 inch vent / carbon scrubber system and it really gets hot in there so I've had to make some air volume adjustments. I'm also trying to keep that Afghan kush alive and it maybe suffering from heat. I'm just guessing. It might just be a weak seed. I'm fairly certain it was a freebie.

In an attempt to avoid previous problems, I started feeding CalMag yesterday. Know that I'm still learning.

Jim, thanks for the detailed response. Very helpful! I'm all about still learning, myself! If you've harvested a single bud, you're way ahead of me! Anyway, Sue says the manufacturer specs say start seedlings at 30", you started yours at 38. I'm going to split the difference and go with 34", but only 50% power. I've got to say, I am loving the LEDs! The plants seem to like them, and I guess I am getting in the zone with the seedlings as well, as they are standing proud and seem to have slowed their stretching for the light way down. I'll keep nudging the light up over the next week and we will see how it goes.

Thanks, again! :thanks:

Auto-flowering Stains Day 18

Ultraviolet Auto
- Mainly Sativa. White Dwarf x Skunk x Lavender, THC 21%
Pineapple Express Auto x 2 - Indica Dominant. Big Bud x Skunk x Ruderalis THC 22%
Sugar Mango Ryder Auto - Hybrid. Low Rudelaris x Santa Maria from Brazil
Afghan Kush Ryder - Indica. Afghan Kush and Ruderalis (3 days behind)

IMG_30229.JPG
IMG_30239.JPG
IMG_30248.JPG
IMG_302510.JPG

Afghan Kush Ryder - She has a CFL on her and is mostly shaded from the LEDs. It appears that some true leaves might be developing but cotyledons are dying. This tells me something going on with roots and she's using all her stored energy sources.

IMG_302111.JPG

IMG_302615.JPG

Re-veg update

Three days ago I stripped buds from the Jack Herer and White Widow which were harvested Dec 23, 2015 and Jan 28, 2016. So leaving these 2 with some small buds on the plant yielded me some additional supply. I just smoked some of the Jack and it is killer.

Jack Herer 16 grams

IMG_303812.JPG

White Widow 5 grams

IMG_303710.JPG

Don't yall just love this shit when something keeps on giving.

Current shots

IMG_303611.JPG
IMG_303412.JPG

You're so wonderfully modest, my magical companion. Kuddos on the extra-special JH nuggets. Have you tried the WW extra nugs yet?

:passitleft:

You're so wonderfully modest, my magical companion. Kuddos on the extra-special JH nuggets. Have you tried the WW extra nugs yet?

:passitleft:

Tonight actually. All my pipes seem to have soured and need a proper cleaning; so I rolled a tight little joint and smoked about 3 hits. I'm good. The WW extra little buds are good. Really good.

Pics from the Auto girls today:

IMG_3065a.jpg
IMG_3066a.jpg
IMG_3067a.jpg
IMG_3068a.jpg

Auto-flowering Stains Day 23

Ultraviolet Auto
Pineapple Express Auto x 2 - Indica Dominant. Big Bud x Skunk x Ruderalis THC 22%
Afghan Kush Ryder - Indica. Afghan Kush and Ruderalis (Died)

Another boring update. Actually not. Afghan Kush never made it and I'll do a proper autopsy. I suspect it never developed any roots.

The color of all these are what I'll call very rich. All appear to me to have a lot of blue within the dark green. Anyway, they're absolutely lovely at this stage of their lives.

Ultraviolet

IMG_307318.JPG

IMG_308115.JPG

Sugar Mango

IMG_307413.JPG

IMG_308210.JPG

Pineapple Express x 2. The one in the 5 gal softie is going to be pretty big I think.

IMG_307518.JPG

IMG_30837.JPG

IMG_307613.JPG

IMG_30847.JPG

Team Tent

IMG_308512.JPG

I would have to agree with Dennise. There you go again Jim, getting all magical with your plants. Yours are four days ahead of mine and I hope mine can catch up and look this good. :high-five: That little pause after transplant while they settle the roots....... Next run my no-tills get planted in the final pot.

You already have me excited to see them in bloom, you wizard you. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I think they are all pretty ;)...:circle-of-love:

Yes they are. I just love them are this stage...just little bushes.

I would have to agree with Dennise. There you go again Jim, getting all magical with your plants. Yours are four days ahead of mine and I hope mine can catch up and look this good. :high-five: That little pause after transplant while they settle the roots....... Next run my no-tills get planted in the final pot.

You already have me excited to see them in bloom, you wizard you. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Thanks. Temps got to upper 70s outside today and got to 90+ F in tent. Got the fans going and door open and things are better now.

:hug:

Jim, your plants are looking fantastic! Extremely well, done. I have to agree with Sue, you're a natural at growing! :high-five:

Thanks Slow....I'm just trying not to kill them.

:ciao: Jim!

I am all caught up, I have to say that this was better than watching a time lapse. Watching all of these plants grow and had dialogue to go with it. :thumb:

Mind if I find a seat on this train?

:circle-of-love:

Special spot for you my friend. Thanks for coming aboard.:circle-of-love:

Most of the time there is no rhyme nor reason for me to update this thread. It's not likely that you'll miss much if ya only visited like once a week. But I made some CCO yesterday and stripped a bunch of kief from the coffee filter and I'm somewhere between medicated and sedated....haha but I also have some pent up energy, speedy, zippy. :lot-o-toke::roorrip::woohoo::byebye:

Sugar Mango

IMG_312112.JPG

Pineapple Express

IMG_312213.JPG
IMG_312314.JPG

Ultraviolet

IMG_312410.JPG

Re-veg project

IMG_312513.JPG
IMG_312610.JPG
IMG_312711.JPG

Auto-flowering Stains Day 27

Ultraviolet Auto
Afghan Kush Ryder - Indica. Afghan Kush and Ruderalis Reported as "Died" but not quite. In rehab 3/3/2016

Re-veg Project

I gave Bagseed Mary a new home yesterday along with a bunch of new soil mix and I found her old label. It's simply a 5 gal nursery pot and was watered well. As soon as I prep some rock wool cubes, I'll take some cuts for my second attempt at cloning.

IMG_313516.JPG

Jack Herer

IMG_313613.JPG

White Widow

IMG_313411.JPG

Pineapple Express

IMG_312811.JPG

IMG_31319.JPG

Sugar Mango

IMG_313011.JPG

Ultraviolet

IMG_31298.JPG