Season of Autos - 2016 Soon To Be Spring Grow - Mars Hydro LED

Hi Jim,

I saw that you don't have a cloner. Are you going to get one? I'm no expert by any measure but I've had better luck with the cheap black plastic tray and humidity dome than any other I've tried. You'll need some rooting hormone or an aloe vera plant. Then you'll have fun deciding what medium to use and the rest that goes with decision... :high-five:

Hi Jim,

I saw that you don't have a cloner. Are you going to get one? I'm no expert by any measure but I've had better luck with the cheap black plastic tray and humidity dome than any other I've tried. You'll need some rooting hormone or an aloe vera plant. Then you'll have fun deciding what medium to use and the rest that goes with decision... :high-five:

I've always just rooted/propagated cuts in water for house plants. Last year I tried cannabis in rock wool with rooting gel and placed the wet cube in bottom of an opaque plastic bag forming the dome. My problem in that process is the same fault most of us have. I wasn't patient!

I have seed starter trays and dome. It should work if I do my part.

:passitleft:

Yep you've got everything you need. Important thing with rock wool is soak in ph 5.6 water for 24 hours before using them. Then save some of it to keep the rock wool moist for as long as it takes. This is the only method I've had 100 percent success. My water here is pretty funky here. This is the easiest method for me. YMMV.

Yep you've got everything you need. Important thing with rock wool is soak in ph 5.6 water for 24 hours before using them. Then save some of it to keep the rock wool moist for as long as it takes. This is the only method I've had 100 percent success. My water here is pretty funky here. This is the easiest method for me. YMMV.

Thanks again for your help. I haven't laid out a planner yet for clones but may take the cuts next week.

Things are looking awesome in here Magic.. and hi Nuggs... it's good to see you out and about....:high-five:....:circle-of-love:

High Dennise. My little Sugar Mango is only a few days behind yours. Things gonna get interesting soon.

Is drcannabi known as "Nuggs"? He sure knows how to produce some nice ones.

Update - Day 13

Some guy with a brown truck dropped my second Mars-Hydro II 900 at the door yesterday. Actually, he handled it nicely so I decided to put it in the tent. I've got to check it periodically just to make sure temps are ok but I don't expect problems.

I gave everything water yesterday. I really didn't expect them to be so dry but since they were grown in their forever pots, it takes me a little while to make sure the pot gets fully drenched.

Lots of light should give me tighter nugs. At least that's part of the rationale for buying additional equipment. As soon as my OCD kicks in, I'll re-orient these hangers and the lamps will face the same direction or whatever.

IMG_296213.JPG
IMG_296113.JPG

Team Tent

IMG_296312.JPG

Sugar Mango, Pineapple Express x 2, Ultraviolet, and poor little Afghan Kush.

IMG_296411.JPG
IMG_296511.JPG
IMG_296613.JPG
IMG_29679.JPG
IMG_29689.JPG

Photo girls being re-vegged.

IMG_296915.JPG
IMG_29708.JPG
IMG_29717.JPG
IMG_29729.JPG

Smoking White Widow today. :passitleft:

Rock on lightmaster :cheesygrinsmiley:. Some dude in a brown truck huh? Lol. Those reveg buds are looking pretty nice. Do you plan on harvesting them once the plant starts vegging properly?

Actually, White Widow has some nice vegetation on her now so I could probably strip those buds now. Jack Herer was the first to bloom last year and she had some vegetation on her when she first went back 18/6. That coincided with power outage and all the photos actually spent some time outdoors and temps got down to 36F. The stems went deep red/purple and I lost some leaf on JH and Bagseed Mary. Mary has recovered but JH just doing nothing now. So, I guess I'll just play it by ear and keep flying by the seat of my pants.

Thanks again for your help. I haven't laid out a planner yet for clones but may take the cuts next week.

High Dennise. My little Sugar Mango is only a few days behind yours. Things gonna get interesting soon.

Is drcannabi known as "Nuggs"? He sure knows how to produce some nice ones.

Update - Day 13

Some guy with a brown truck dropped my second Mars-Hydro II 900 at the door yesterday. Actually, he handled it nicely so I decided to put it in the tent. I've got to check it periodically just to make sure temps are ok but I don't expect problems.

I gave everything water yesterday. I really didn't expect them to be so dry but since they were grown in their forever pots, it takes me a little while to make sure the pot gets fully drenched.

Lots of light should give me tighter nugs. At least that's part of the rationale for buying additional equipment. As soon as my OCD kicks in, I'll re-orient these hangers and the lamps will face the same direction or whatever.

IMG_296213.JPG
IMG_296113.JPG

Team Tent

IMG_296312.JPG

Sugar Mango, Pineapple Express x 2, Ultraviolet, and poor little Afghan Kush.

IMG_296411.JPG
IMG_296511.JPG
IMG_296613.JPG
IMG_29679.JPG
IMG_29689.JPG

Photo girls being re-vegged.

IMG_296915.JPG
IMG_29708.JPG
IMG_29717.JPG
IMG_29729.JPG

Smoking White Widow today. :passitleft:

Yes he does put out some beautiful nugs but no... Nuggs posted a page or two back and I have never seen him anywhere but the Twilight journal and I have tried to help him out a bit and it is just nice to see him out and about...:circle-of-love:

Auto-flowering Stains Day 14

Ultraviolet Auto
- Mainly Sativa. White Dwarf x Skunk x Lavender, THC 21%
Pineapple Express Auto x 2 - Indica Dominant. Big Bud x Skunk x Ruderalis THC 22%
Sugar Mango Ryder Auto - Hybrid. Low Rudelaris x Santa Maria from Brazil
Afghan Kush Ryder - Indica. Afghan Kush and Ruderalis (3 days behind)

I adjusted the speed of the exhaust yesterday and have a little more fine tuning to do but I'm certain that I can get the temperature in a good growing range. The second LED has the growth switch only as it was difficult to control temps in full spectrum.

IMG_297310.JPG

Pineapple Express in softie is going to have some size I think.

IMG_298012.JPG

IMG_297515.JPG

Ultraviolet

IMG_297713.JPG

Sugar Mango

IMG_297616.JPG

Afghan Kush - the little girl who could. I'm not giving up on her but I don't want her to begin flowering before she grows some true leaves.

IMG_297413.JPG

Photo-period re-veg project - White Widow

While this has nothing to do with autos, I thought I'd share what I'm doing with the little girls that I am trying to put back into vegetative phase. I really don't have any idea what I'm doing but if I document this someone might learn from it. Anyway, I took White Widow out this morning to do a little pruning. I've cut off all the remaining blooms so that the plant should have some sort of hormone imbalance and should direct all its energy to leaf development. That's the idea. This plant was harvested Dec 23 I think and has been 18/6 since then with a little grow nutes occasionally.

Before

IMG_300013.JPG

After

IMG_300112.JPG

Auto-flowering Stains Day 14

I adjusted the speed of the exhaust yesterday and have a little more fine tuning to do but I'm certain that I can get the temperature in a good growing range. The second LED has the growth switch only as it was difficult to control temps in full spectrum.

Afghan Kush - the little girl who could. I'm not giving up on her but I don't want her to begin flowering before she grows some true leaves.

Jim, except for the poor little Afghan, your seedlings are looking really great! :goodjob:

Can you talk a little more about your lighting set up? I just got an LED light for my vegging tent, and I'm a little intimidated by the light so far. So I would love to hear how you have our lighting set up. It looks like you put them under the LED pretty much right away after they broke through the soil. How far away did you set the light, and did you reduce the light level, or were you running the light full strength? I don't want to burn my seedlings, but it seems like yours are handling the lighting just fine. Any details you can share would be appreciated!

And good for you for hanging in there with Afghan. You never know when they will suddenly perk up!

Now you gotta admit that is a true case of irony... the hat sitting next to the plant...:biglaugh:....:circle-of-love:

Even though I'm quite the law breaker, for the most part I support law enforcement. When the 2 NYPD officers were assassinated while on the job in Dec 2014, I got a deal on that hat and wear it often.

Jim, except for the poor little Afghan, your seedlings are looking really great! :goodjob:

Can you talk a little more about your lighting set up? I just got an LED light for my vegging tent, and I'm a little intimidated by the light so far. So I would love to hear how you have our lighting set up. It looks like you put them under the LED pretty much right away after they broke through the soil. How far away did you set the light, and did you reduce the light level, or were you running the light full strength? I don't want to burn my seedlings, but it seems like yours are handling the lighting just fine. Any details you can share would be appreciated!

And good for you for hanging in there with Afghan. You never know when they will suddenly perk up!

Before I lighted here at :420: I bought a stealth cabinet which is quite small and lighted with CFLs. Later I was drawn to LEDs and bought a combination light and tent from Mars Hydro. I struggled a bit with the cab grow while the tent/LED with White Widow and Jack Herer came off with a good start and I basically just had the LED at the top of the tent. I adjusted lower later and extremely low when the WW was finishing. I actually believe that one could have gone 2 weeks longer but might have added a little couch lock to the smoke.

Anyway, I haven't had any major increase in utility expense with the LED and through my limited research it just became apparent to me that more light is beneficial to both veg and finish. Genetics and selection of seeds start the grower an opportunity to get a quality product and feminized seeds eliminate a frustration.

I don't know much about PAR or spectrum. I don't know much about what happens below the soil. I'm a recovering alcoholic and think in such a way as "if two martinis is good, 3 or 4 must be better". So, more light is better.

I started these seeds with the LED 38 inches above soil line. When I added the additional Mars Hydro II 900, I moved both lamps to the top of the tent. I have a variable speed control for my 6 inch vent / carbon scrubber system and it really gets hot in there so I've had to make some air volume adjustments. I'm also trying to keep that Afghan kush alive and it maybe suffering from heat. I'm just guessing. It might just be a weak seed. I'm fairly certain it was a freebie.

In an attempt to avoid previous problems, I started feeding CalMag yesterday. Know that I'm still learning.

Very cool Jimmy!

Seedlings are looking very healthy and I love your reveg! Not many journ:circle-of-love:als showing that from front to back. Reps to you my friend.

:thanks: my friend. I'm agnostic on the reveg project and need more study. Sometime this week, I'll get bagseed Mary out and do some trimming on her and may take some cuts. I'll keep you posted on progress for sure.

:thanks: Super

I've been smoking Dark Devil for past few days. I just get bud or two from the jar and grind it and smoke it and rinse repeat but with another strain; either White Widow or Jack Herer when the grinder is low. This morning I chose Jack and found two buds with teeny tiny sugar leaves and I trimmed those off with cuticle scissors. It was sticky but I had enough to roll a joint of just these little sugar leaves. Two tokes and sublime. Three and I'm just gonna sit for a while.

Anyway, Jack being sativa dominant, a few minutes later I was back in the tent doing some things and I decided to pull a bottom bud from the JH reveg. This is what the trichs look like on buds that have basically matured since the Dec. 23, 2015 harvest.

Trichs on a small sugar leaf

Image54011.jpg

The rest of the bud

Image54210.jpg

Image54310.jpg

Yeah, I'm still pretty high.

:passitleft:

That is what I am hoping for with my Carnival and my C-99. Uppy and focused. ;) :peace:

That is what I am hoping for with my Carnival and my C-99. Uppy and focused. ;) :peace:

I stripped the remaining buds from White Widow and Jack Herer yesterday and it's in separate paper bags in a dark closet. In a few days it will be tested and I'm looking forward to the early testing.

I'm all about a search for the next great high. Then the goal will be to find one that's repeatable. Growing is so much like that elusive golf swing.

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom