I don’t know man that purple lemonade looks like there is an issue to me. What I don’t know but it most certainly looks as though she is missing something.

I’m sure an experienced grower will pop in with some suggestions.

Those Tropicana Cookies are looking good!!
Ya, I fed and watered her with CalMag, I'm planning on watering tomorrow again with CalMag. As far as I understand it can take up to 3 days for the dry organic food to start breaking down and absorbing into the plant.

The Tropicana Cookies is really nice. The trichomes are coming in nicely and all the buds are really similar in size. If it finishes in the 49 days FastBuds says it does, it'll def be one I run again.

I am having a calmag issue as well and from the research I’ve done that doesn’t look like a result of either. However, I do t have any first hand experience other than the issue I’m having.

I know I’ve seen pictures that perfectly represent this

IMG_3378.jpeg

I am having a calmag issue as well and from the research I’ve done that doesn’t look like a result of either. However, I do t have any first hand experience other than the issue I’m having.

I know I’ve seen pictures that perfectly represent this

IMG_3378.jpeg
These leaves aren't brown at the tips but more like a purple red.

The weird part is that the rest of the plant, beside that strip of yellow down the middle of the girl, isn't showing a deficiency of any kind. She's a frustrating girl right now lol.
PXL_20240711_011745627~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240711_044526_Chrome.jpg

Is it possible that this wire is on the limb leading to the yellow leaves?
I will look tonight in an hour or so when the lights turn on, I totally forgot about that. I tried getting it out before the deficiency showed. I wonder if I screwed up the nutrient highway?
Very well might be. Poor girl was suffocating. Always amazing to me how plants can adapt and overcome. I've taken trees down with fence posts buried a foot in the trunk! Good way to fuck a saw blade up! Lol
Ya I missed one bonsai wire I used to spread the mother plant out wide. Growing up I remember on of my cousins catching a piece of wire that was sticking out of a tree he was trying to climb. So my uncle cut it down and found a post wrapped with barbed wire inside it lol.

Day 28 of 12/12
PXL_20240712_014034618.jpg

PXL_20240712_014306865.jpg
PXL_20240712_014209762.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240712_014136438.jpg
PXL_20240712_014055768.jpg
PXL_20240712_014101764.jpg

Here's which stem 90% of the affected bud sites are growing from. For whatever reason the stalks coming out of this node didn't thicken up. These bud sites could have used a couple weeks to recover/grow after the overwatering issue right before the flip.
PXL_20240712_013543203.jpg

This is what the bud sites deficiency looks like. The leaves aren't crispy or rough they are just discolored/faded with curled in tips. I will say that quite a few of the budsites that were deficient and stagnant, are showing some vertical growth.
PXL_20240712_014642922.jpg
PXL_20240712_014637742.jpg

So after watering yesterday I found these guys in the soil. I'm not sure if they are good, bad or part of the organic process. However the amount that were visible was concerning. There aren't any flying insects in the tent and I'm pretty sure these aren't fungus gnat larvae. I did get a new bag of EWC that may have had them in it. Idk what it is but to be safe I covered the top of soil in diatomaceous Earth.
PXL_20240713_003509131.jpg
Screenshot_20240712-212412.png
Screenshot_20240712-212430.png

PXL_20240713_004642228.jpg

So after watering yesterday I found these guys in the soil. I'm not sure if they are good, bad or part of the organic process. However the amount that were visible was concerning. There aren't any flying insects in the tent and I'm pretty sure these aren't fungus gnat larvae. I did get a new bag of EWC that may have had them in it. Idk what it is but to be safe I covered the top of soil in diatomaceous Earth.

Soil mites. Not a bad thing.

Soil mites. Not a bad thing.
Ok that's good. It was the shear amount of them that made me worried lol. Knock on wood I've been pest free in the tent, outside in the garden however, the pest population has exploded. I don't even go in the tent room without changing my clothes and showering 😂.

I get thousands of little white critters coming to the surface when I water. They raft up in giant herds and float on top when I flood the pots. They are even more abundant in my worm farm. My flood tray underneath has lots too from runoff. They are beneficials.

I get thousands of little white critters coming to the surface when I water. They raft up in giant herds and float on top when I flood the pots. They are even more abundant in my worm farm. My flood tray underneath has lots too from runoff. They are beneficials.
Now I feel bad lol luckily that DE will only last until the next watering.

Lol you won't kill them all, they will be back in no time.
So I was thinking about this deficiency I'm experiencing, would too cold of soil create the issue? I don't have the pots lifted and they are just sitting on the concrete, I put a thermometer next to them and in read 66°f. That's a far cry from the 80°F it is with he lights on. I think I've read that cold roots can affect the uptake of Calcium but I would assume it would be affecting the whole plant not just one stalk.

So I was thinking about this deficiency I'm experiencing, would too cold of soil create the issue? I don't have the pots lifted and they are just sitting on the concrete, I put a thermometer next to them and in read 66°f. That's a far cry from the 80°F it is with he lights on. I think I've read that cold roots can affect the uptake of Calcium but I would assume it would be affecting the whole plant not just one stalk.
Cold roots will cause all kinds of issues. I use upside down milk crates to keep them off the floor. 69 degrees and above in the soil makes an unbelievable difference. 66 is too cold for sure.

Is your light 12/12? FastBuds are all autos I thought, no need to flip to a 12/12 schedule. That may be part of the issue
So they have a new line of Fast Flowering strains. Its a photoperiod but is supposed to carry over the quick flowering of the autoflower. Pretty neat stuff if it works out lol. I mean if the Tropicana Cookies is truly a 49 day flower that could make for a really great turn around.
Cold roots will cause all kinds of issues. I use upside down milk crates to keep them off the floor. 69 degrees and above in the soil makes an unbelievable difference. 66 is too cold for sure.
Ill get the heat mat fired back up. I was planning on getting some thick foam to set the whole tent on but haven't got around to it.

Interesting, did not know that. Curious now to see how they turn out
Lol well there's plenty of chairs here, just watch out for Gee. If your not running organics he'll show you how easy it can be and next thing you know you're arguing with your wife about why you need a worm tower in the garage to collect worm castings 😂. Let me tell you saying, "This organic grower on the Internet says I need to cook my old soil so that the microbes adapt to the environment in our basement, and worms are a necessity", gets you the side eye pretty quick haha.

Back
Top Bottom