That looks like the beginnings of a CalMag deficiency to me. The yellowing leaf looks like a calcium issue, and purple serrations are usually a magnesium issue. It's early but will spread fast. Calmag should stop it.
If you don't have CalMag but you have prilled dolomite then mixing it with chlorine free water to about 75ppm and using it every watering for 3 or 4 waterings and then dialing back to every 2nd watering until harvest should fix it up.

Act quick before you start losing leaves.
So I have BushDoctor CalMag and have been watering at the recommended 5ml/gallon in RODI water, should I double it? I've been leaving the soil on the drier side but I can up the frequency of waterings.

So I have BushDoctor CalMag and have been watering at the recommended 5ml/gallon in RODI water, should I double it? I've been leaving the soil on the drier side but I can up the frequency of waterings.
It works better if you double the frequency of application, not the strength of application.

They're hungry, but I believe it's
Don't change anything, just water them more. In my experience, plants will look deficient in soil, if it's kept too dry.

It works better if you double the frequency of application, not the strength of application.
Ok sounds good, I will stay at 5ml/gal and increase the frequency of the watering. Tonight is the night for the watering/weekly feeding.

Currently they are getting 1/2 gallon every 3ish days, but only CalMag every other watering, about once a week.

They're hungry, but I believe it's

Don't change anything, just water them more. In my experience, plants will look deficient in soil, if it's kept too dry.
I'm hoping that the additional waterings will take care of this.

Now my next question is should I light defoliate this scrog at week 4? Especially the stuff just above the net to keep air moving through the canopy?
PXL_20240710_004242792.jpg
PXL_20240710_004233022.jpg

On day 1 and day 21 and day 45 flower I defoliate pretty heavy.
I am going to pop this right here.

This is what @noydb07 does. Seems like a pretty good plan to me :)

Sorry for all the posts but work kicked my ass, so I smoked a little and I'm just sitting in front of my tent. Anywho another thing I'm pondering, should dropping the lights down to say 14" to increase the ppfd now that the stretch is completed, be in consideration for me? Would I benefit from to higher ppfd or am I just asking for trouble moving it down another 4" to gain another 200+ ppfd?

I used the photone app (without calibration, because I don't have anything to calibrate it with) and I'm at around 700-715 ppfd at 17.5ish inches in the middle of both lights with the tent door almost completely zipped up. I'm currently running the lights at 70% and due to heat issues I can't go any higher. The recommended height for both lights in flower is 12"-18".

I am going to pop this right here.

This is what @noydb07 does. Seems like a pretty good plan to me :)
Thanks @Ke0ncp, I know you've been reading up on Scrog'ing, I appreciate it. Any other tid bits of knowledge drop them my way. I have a small amount of space left up there after catching up on @Gee64 thread lol.

I am just regurgitating information from other members here but here is the way I understand it.

DLI is the goal and I follow this chart
1720576338459.png

I found this Here.

Then I use this calculator to figure out my DLI.

From what I understand raising your light physically in the tent and increasing power to achieve your desired DLI gives better penetration through the entire grow area than lowering the lights closer to the plants and decreasing power to reach your DLI goal.

I could be way off base here but this is the theory I am using for my current grow.

I am just regurgitating information from other members here but here is the way I understand it.

DLI is the goal and I follow this chart
1720576338459.png

I found this Here.

Then I use this calculator to figure out my DLI.

From what I understand raising your light physically in the tent and increasing power to achieve your desired DLI gives better penetration through the entire grow area than lowering the lights closer to the plants and decreasing power to reach your DLI goal.

I could be way off base here but this is the theory I am using for my current grow.
According to the chart I'm in my fourth week of flower so 36-38 DLI, according to the calculator I'm at 31.6 DLI. They say that I need to hit 818ppfd to hit 36 DLI. I can probably lower the lights down another 2-4" to hit that easy.

According to the chart I'm in my fourth week of flower so 36-38 DLI, according to the calculator I'm at 31.6 DLI. They say that I need to hit 818ppfd to hit 36 DLI. I can probably lower the lights down another 2-4" to hit that easy.
Yes, this is what I was going to suggest too. If heat wasn't an issue you could potentially raise the lights and increase intensity, but you will come into range by lowering so go for it.

Yes, this is what I was going to suggest too. If heat wasn't an issue you could potentially raise the lights and increase intensity, but you will come into range by lowering so go for it.
I just blew a driver on my light so I had to transfer the plants into the small tent to keep flower going. Warranty sent a new driver so when I hooked it up I had the light in an empty tent, so I did some testing before I put the plants back in.

The light is a Spiderfarmer se1000 1000watt led and all lights may be different, but this is what I found.

If I turned the light up and had 900ppfd at 24" I also got deep penetration.

If I turned the light down so at 12" I had 900ppfd I got less penetration but far better spread. The corners hardly dropped in ppfd at all compared to 24".

So If I was growing 1 plant in a ball like shape with colas at different heights I would go with a higher brighter light but if I was scrogging I would go with a lower light hung closer.

It has me rethinking things.

I just blew a driver on my light so I had to transfer the plants into the small tent to keep flower going. Warranty sent a new driver so when I hooked it up I had the light in an empty tent, so I did some testing before I put the plants back in.

The light is a Spiderfarmer se1000 1000watt led and all lights may be different, but this is what I found.

If I turned the light down so at 12" I had 900ppfd I got less penetration but far better spread. The corners hardly dropped in ppfd at all compared to 24".

So If I was growing 1 plant in a ball like shape with colas at different heights I would go with a higher brighter light but if I was scrogging I would go with a lower light hung closer.

Well that was weird.

The lower light hung lower is where I'll head tomorrow. I'm just looking for those coke bottle colas 😂.
Well that was weird.
Ya it was, I think @Ke0ncp brought his ghosts with him haha 👻

I would personally defoliate the top few inches! When I say defoliate I don't mean every leaf though, I tend to only go for inch-plus leaf stems and preferably the largest ones on the TOP! The urge to keep going when defoliating is strong , so I try to remember I'm removing the TOP leaves for 2 reasons.

(1.) Airflow : Mo flow Less Chance of rot, and faster transpiration rate

(2.) For the light to get to the Bottom leaves to amp up photosynthesis near the bottom for those little gals

More than once I defoliated both top and bottom and only achieved airflow.

I will say I'd be careful defoliating the yellowing plant.. looks like shes hungry and defoliating her will only take away her stored nutrients she's definitely using. If I saw this I would probably add a little extra calmag and up your feed as suggested. Or you've got a bit of a nasty hotspot going on!

Hey man this all looks great though! Keep Truckin!

I would personally defoliate the top few inches! When I say defoliate I don't mean every leaf though, I tend to only go for inch-plus leaf stems and preferably the largest ones on the TOP! The urge to keep going when defoliating is strong , so I try to remember I'm removing the TOP leaves for 2 reasons.

(1.) Airflow : Mo flow Less Chance of rot, and faster transpiration rate

(2.) For the light to get to the Bottom leaves to amp up photosynthesis near the bottom for those little gals

More than once I defoliated both top and bottom and only achieved airflow.

I will say I'd be careful defoliating the yellowing plant.. looks like shes hungry and defoliating her will only take away her stored nutrients she's definitely using. If I saw this I would probably add a little extra calmag and up your feed as suggested. Or you've got a bit of a nasty hotspot going on!

Hey man this all looks great though! Keep Truckin!
Hey thank you for the advice, really appreciate it lol I've read a ton on everything but putting it into practice is a different story. Ive been working on taking leaves and larf from under the net, which kind of sprung up post stretch. The yellowish plant kind of stretched itself more the the other and I don't know if any defoliation will need done. However the other one, Tropicana Cookies, stretched almost none and is stacked an packed leaf to leaf lol. So that's more the one I'm worried about.

Day 27 of 12/12
I forgot to take a full tent shot after moving the lights down lol I'm feeling lazy tonight so I'll get one tomorrow haha

Purple Lemonade
The yellow buds new bud growth is green and looks healthy. I know it takes a couple of days after the feeding to take effect, but I'm hoping I see things looking up soon.
PXL_20240711_011745627.jpg

PXL_20240711_011409199~2.jpg
PXL_20240711_010910685.jpg
PXL_20240711_011220852.jpg

Tropicana Cookies
PXL_20240711_012223526~2.jpg

PXL_20240711_011550266.jpg
PXL_20240711_011134156.jpg
PXL_20240711_011153646.jpg

Moved the lights down 2.5" and hit the 820 ppfd which puts me right around 35 DLI.
PXL_20240711_010817219.jpg

I don’t know man that purple lemonade looks like there is an issue to me. What I don’t know but it most certainly looks as though she is missing something.

I’m sure an experienced grower will pop in with some suggestions.

Those Tropicana Cookies are looking good!!

Back
Top Bottom