How is it going @g-one-three

Just curious do you feed all your ladies the same way. What I mean is the ppm's the same on all your plants? The reason I ask is some strains like a heavier dose of nutrients. When I grow multiple plants there is always one that wants special treatment; wither it's cal-mag, or strength of nutrients, or something else.

Keep up the good work, you are almost to the finish line.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
So in Veg everyone was getting the same deal, 4-4-4 All-purpose and EWC with plain RODI and recharge every two weeks. In Flower they were getting the same top dressings of 2-8-4 power bloom and ewc, with CalMag and recharge. Now that it seems using deionized water has been negatively affecting them and the purple lemonade is showing the CalMag deficiency I will be mixing separate gallons of water with the Purple Lemonade getting the higher dose of CalMag and Tropicana Cookies getting the maintenance level as Gee suggested.

Lights turn on and I check on the girls after their first watering with Gees dolomite water and fish ferts. I find them mostly praying, even the damaged leaves. Also a crap ton of the soil mites 🪲. These guys still freak me out even though I know they aren't harmful.

PXL_20240716_224947414.jpg
PXL_20240716_224804633.jpg

PXL_20240716_230734934.jpg
PXL_20240716_230752574.jpg

⬆️ This is the first time these deficient leaves have not looked 100% droopy since the flip, now they are just 50% hahaha 🤞 things are looking up.

PXL_20240716_230801021.jpg
PXL_20240716_230810265.jpg

I also can see a few small dark rust spots on a few of the Tropicana Cookies fan leaves, and the giant fan in the first pic, which I figure was inevitable with the DI water fiasco I created lol. I'll keep on the stronger Dolomite water for her as well and hopefully it will fend off any further damage.

@Gee64 I figure that it'll take a couple of Dolomite waters to improve the tilth of my soil but I watered it in with a strength 65ppm dolomite water and the top layer of my soil is noticeably fluffier, not light and fluffy but not the caked stuff it had been. Should I water continuously with Dolo water until my plant symptoms improve?

Lights turn on and I check on the girls after their first watering with Gees dolomite water and fish ferts. I find them mostly praying, even the damaged leaves. Also a crap ton of the soil mites 🪲. These guys still freak me out even though I know they aren't harmful.

PXL_20240716_224947414.jpg
PXL_20240716_224804633.jpg

PXL_20240716_230734934.jpg
PXL_20240716_230752574.jpg

⬆️ This is the first time these deficient leaves have not looked 100% droopy since the flip, now they are just 50% hahaha 🤞 things are looking up.

PXL_20240716_230801021.jpg
PXL_20240716_230810265.jpg

I also can see a few small dark rust spots on a few of the Tropicana Cookies fan leaves, and the giant fan in the first pic, which I figure was inevitable with the DI water fiasco I created lol. I'll keep on the stronger Dolomite water for her as well and hopefully it will fend off any further damage.

@Gee64 I figure that it'll take a couple of Dolomite waters to improve the tilth of my soil but I watered it in with a strength 65ppm dolomite water and the top layer of my soil is noticeably fluffier, not light and fluffy but not the caked stuff it had been. Should I water continuously with Dolo water until my plant symptoms improve?
How big are your pots?

I ask because the ones I'm growing right now are flowering in 1.6gal pots and I got behind on calcium so I hit them with 50ppm twice but the refractometer said not good enough so the 3rd watering and 4th were at 85ppm and the refractometer said perfect. So I skipped 2 waterings and the refractometer showed the deficiency creeping back in so then hit them with 50 ppm twice in a row and it was good again.

Since then I use 50ppm dolo water every 2nd watering, BUT, if you are in bigger pots it would be easy to build up an excess as the larger pot will allow more overall calcium in.

If you have a deficiency, which it sounds like you do, then 2 full waterings at 65ppm in a row won't hurt at all. Likely it's not enough yet, or barely, but you need a refractometer to know for sure.

Once you see how the refractometer works you will love it. You can track brix and calcium and if you make a change you know within a few days, or hours in calciums case, if the changes were good, bad, or irrellivant.

As for the tilth returning quickly, calcium is a strong cation. It's actually Ca++. It has extra electrons. It's electric. It's actually an electrolyte. So it works on contact.

So calcium is a nutrient, but as you now see it doubles as a tilth maker. When something directly affects tilth or any other physical aspect of the soil, such as carbon holding water, it's referred to as a soil conditioner.

Most soil conditioners are also nutrients, so if you see a product marketed as a soil conditioner then it usually means it improves tilth or water retention. Don't get confused by thinking "Geez I always thought it was a nutrient". It usually is both, so if you start to make your own soil, knowing that some nutrients do both is a good thing and you should likely include them. Make sense? You will see the term soil conditioner used a lot.

Anyways, the term soil conditioner almost always means better tilth, water retention, or microbial aids such as biochar. It is totally possible to over condition your soil, so tread cautiously, but make sure you get it as right as possible.

As you saw today, one dose had an effect. Overdoing it will also have an effect. You will get the hang of it now that your aware of it, and if you overdo it and fry some leaves, well it's a learning experience🤣

Once you get calcium fixed find a lower dosage and a fequency that works for your pot size and soil mix. The refractometer will guide you there. More lower dosages work better than less but stronger ones.

How big are your pots?

I ask because the ones I'm growing right now are flowering in 1.6gal pots and I got behind on calcium so I hit them with 50ppm twice but the refractometer said not good enough so the 3rd watering and 4th were at 85ppm and the refractometer said perfect. So I skipped 2 waterings and the refractometer showed the deficiency creeping back in so then hit them with 50 ppm twice in a row and it was good again.

Since then I use 50ppm dolo water every 2nd watering, BUT, if you are in bigger pots it would be easy to build up an excess as the larger pot will allow more overall calcium in.

If you have a deficiency, which it sounds like you do, then 2 full waterings at 65ppm in a row won't hurt at all. Likely it's not enough yet, or barely, but you need a refractometer to know for sure.

Once you see how the refractometer works you will love it. You can track brix and calcium and if you make a change you know within a few days, or hours in calciums case, if the changes were good, bad, or irrellivant.

As for the tilth returning quickly, calcium is a strong cation. It's actually Ca++. It has extra electrons. It's electric. It's actually an electrolyte. So it works on contact.

So calcium is a nutrient, but as you now see it doubles as a tilth maker. When something directly affects tilth or any other physical aspect of the soil, such as carbon holding water, it's referred to as a soil conditioner.

Most soil conditioners are also nutrients, so if you see a product marketed as a soil conditioner then it usually means it improves tilth or water retention. Don't get confused by thinking "Geez I always thought it was a nutrient". It usually is both, so if you start to make your own soil, knowing that some nutrients do both is a good thing and you should likely include them. Make sense? You will see the term soil conditioner used a lot.

Anyways, the term soil conditioner almost always means better tilth, water retention, or microbial aids such as biochar. It is totally possible to over condition your soil, so tread cautiously, but make sure you get it as right as possible.

As you saw today, one dose had an effect. Overdoing it will also have an effect. You will get the hang of it now that your aware of it, and if you overdo it and fry some leaves, well it's a learning experience🤣

Once you get calcium fixed find a lower dosage and a fequency that works for your pot size and soil mix. The refractometer will guide you there. More lower dosages work better than less but stronger ones.
They are 5 gallon buckets with a 1 gallon reservoir, so 4ish gallons of soil. My refractometer will be here tomorrow and then I'll be able to start judging lol I guess I'm full blown Brix farmer now...

They are 5 gallon buckets with a 1 gallon reservoir, so 4ish gallons of soil. My refractometer will be here tomorrow and then I'll be able to start judging lol I guess I'm full blown Brix farmer now...
Excellent! In LOS, calcium is king and you may as well chase brix. Now you get to learn new swear words trying to get juice out of a leaf🤣

Those buds are a growin!!! Looking good!!!
Thanks man, they are shaping up for me

You better start stretching out those trimming muscles🤣. Theres a lot of weed there!👊
Haha my wife is a perfectionist and also finds hand trimming very calming and Zen like. So she trims all the colas and I trim the larf 😂. I got 12 ounces of nice buds my last photo grow out of 3 plants. I'm hoping to hit around that again, but 6 ounces per plant would be the most I've ever gotten out of a plant lol.

Nice recovery g-1-3 !
Thank you but honestly it's been a team effort! Pull up a chair and watch to the end hopefully I can get them to finish strong.

Is it just the lighting, or is that area of trouble starting to finally green up?

They are looking really nice G👍👊.
I do believe you are correct good sir lol. They also are really vertically stacking buds. This is an 10 day difference. Dolomite water and heat mat being the only difference other than time.

July 9
PXL_20240710_004855114.jpg

July 19th
PXL_20240719_232033299.jpg

I do believe you are correct good sir lol. They also are really vertically stacking buds. This is an 10 day difference. Dolomite water and heat mat being the only difference other than time.

July 9
PXL_20240710_004855114.jpg

July 19th
PXL_20240719_232033299.jpg
Wow that is quite a difference!😎. Good, I'm glad you have her recovering😊👊

Back
Top Bottom