Love the bugs and buds 💚
Bugs still give me nightmares🔥 but I'm learning living soil isn't so sterile lol but seriously I don't ever want to see a spider mite ever, I will burn this mutha down.

That being said the Brix video's and Gee's thread both talk about plants being so high in brix bugs avoid them. So hopefully that's what I can get too

Day 37 of 12/12
PXL_20240721_004532780.jpg

Bugs still give me nightmares🔥 but I'm learning living soil isn't so sterile lol but seriously I don't ever want to see a spider mite ever, I will burn this mutha down.

That being said the Brix video's and Gee's thread both talk about plants being so high in brix bugs avoid them. So hopefully that's what I can get too
I was actually surprised at how big them tiny mites can get! 💝🕷️
I'm opposite, I won't slaughter slugs or spiders..I'm eventually gonna get myself a camel spider❣️although I don't tolerate brown recluse. They die on site. 😉

I was actually surprised at how big them tiny mites can get! 💝🕷️
I'm opposite, I won't slaughter slugs or spiders..I'm eventually gonna get myself a camel spider❣️although I don't tolerate brown recluse. They die on site. 😉
Ahh ya I don't care about spiders or slugs but spider mites will absolutely destroy a plant and can be an absolute nightmare to get rid of in a garden.

G, how is your soil surface doing? between smaller but more frequent topdressings, and the dolo water, are you noticing better tilth?

They look pretty darn nice, even the weird section is recovering.

And still 3 weeks or more 😍
So the surface is much better. I had to mix in a little perlite after the worm castings made it slightly muddy but ya drying much more even as well. I'm going to get a Brix reading tomorrow so I'll know if there will be another Dolo water on Wednesday or not.

I'd bet 3 weeks on the Tropicana Cookies and at least 4 on the purple lemonade.

I scoped the trichomes and not even a cloudy one on the sugar leaves. Also believe it or not even the funky part has some nice smell is radiating from them.

Thanks again for all your help, the information you gave me has really helped.

So the surface is much better. I had to mix in a little perlite after the worm castings made it slightly muddy but ya drying much more even as well. I'm going to get a Brix reading tomorrow so I'll know if there will be another Dolo water on Wednesday or not.

I'd bet 3 weeks on the Tropicana Cookies and at least 4 on the purple lemonade.

I scoped the trichomes and not even a cloudy one on the sugar leaves. Also believe it or not even the funky part has some nice smell is radiating from them.

Thanks again for all your help, the information you gave me has really helped.
You are most welcome. Hopefully it helped others too. Thats what this place is all about👊

It took me awhile to figure out the Gaia Green way. I still don't have it totally dialed.

Every now and then I get a leaf or 2 that browns it's serrations for no reason, so I suspect it may be a bit light on potassium, and next time I use it I will add some soft rock phosphate to the mix to up P a bit, but overall it's a pretty darn good and easy way to grow weed.

It should come with a giant warning about the fact that you need to supply your own calcium tho. But once you bring the calcium it goes high brix in no time.

Even if you mix your own soil, the Gaia would still be an excellent cheap topdresser I think.

You can't beat the price. $50 gets me a 22lb bag of it😊

You gotta love being able to see your calcium levels with the refractometer👍

You are most welcome. Hopefully it helped others too. Thats what this place is all about👊

It took me awhile to figure out the Gaia Green way. I still don't have it totally dialed.

Every now and then I get a leaf or 2 that browns it's serrations for no reason, so I suspect it may be a bit light on potassium, and next time I use it I will add some soft rock phosphate to the mix to up P a bit, but overall it's a pretty darn good and easy way to grow weed.

It should come with a giant warning about the fact that you need to supply your own calcium tho. But once you bring the calcium it goes high brix in no time.

Even if you mix your own soil, the Gaia would still be an excellent cheap topdresser I think.

You can't beat the price. $50 gets me a 22lb bag of it😊

You gotta love being able to see your calcium levels with the refractometer👍
Gaia Green has been a decent way to get into organic gardening without having a ton of space for cooking batches of soil. It's also interesting that on my first SIP grow only one of the plants showed the Calcium deficiency. I was able to get 2.5 grows out of the 2.2lb buckets, $30 each was really affordable way to get to growing.

My local grow store started to carry some of the extra things that Gaia Green offers on top of their base 2. Like Insect Frass and also Basalt Rock Dust. The Basalt Rock Dust may help slightly with the calcium, but I'm sure it's not readily available like Dolomite water.

Screenshot_20240723-050607.png

Screenshot_20240723-050311.png

Gaia Green has been a decent way to get into organic gardening without having a ton of space for cooking batches of soil. It's also interesting that on my first SIP grow only one of the plants showed the Calcium deficiency. I was able to get 2.5 grows out of the 2.2lb buckets, $30 each was really affordable way to get to growing.

My local grow store started to carry some of the extra things that Gaia Green offers on top of their base 2. Like Insect Frass and also Basalt Rock Dust. The Basalt Rock Dust may help slightly with the calcium, but I'm sure it's not readily available like Dolomite water.

Screenshot_20240723-050607.png

Screenshot_20240723-050311.png
They have lots of good products.

They seem to be out of greensand right now. I'm not sure why, but I need some.
The soil I am cooking right now used the last of mine.

I topdress with their Glacial Rock Dust once a grow usually when stretch is almost done. Not a lot, usually 2 tbsp per 10gal pot. It's pretty much the same as basalt but without the calcium.

Day 40 of 12/12
PXL_20240724_023139217.jpg

Purple Lemonade
Ok, so I don't hate the colors on the part with the deficiency, I actually think it's oddly stunning. I accidentally hit brushed one of the smaller buds and it's very sweet scented but no lemon yet.
PXL_20240724_023248669.jpg

Tropicana Cookies
This girl is turning to the home stretch fast. Pistils are begining to turn orange and some of the larger bottom fan leaves are starting to yellow. It's hard to smell her over the purple lemonade. Her frost is really coming in and she should be good and sticky. I'm not sure she's going to hit the 6-7 week flower window but she's definitely going to finish before the purple lemonade.

PXL_20240724_023308403.jpg

Never had that strain but sounds like a damn good cookie!!
Me neither but I've read that it's an energetic high until you hit the tipping point lol I like that I need all the energy I can get. I'm hoping the buds keep stacking because the swell will make them look amazing lol.

Me neither but I've read that it's an energetic high until you hit the tipping point lol I like that I need all the energy I can get. I'm hoping the buds keep stacking because the swell will make them look amazing lol.
Will have to keep an eye out for your smoke report :) not that I need to add any additional strains to my stash at this point. As it stands I think I have 2 years worth of first time grows :/

Back
Top Bottom