Rider509: Two Thais & G13

Have you considered food saver bags? I mean my 3 footers wouldn't cut it for you but maybe 5 footers? I obviously don't suck any air out, but so far they are doing great for me!
Wonder what he is going to put the big buds in. .

Wonder what he is going to put the big buds in. .
One gallon glass jars! I got eight of them for a good price on Amazon. I'm going to check with local restaurants for more because things like pickles come in them.

The buds spent the night in a paper bag and went into a gallon jar this morning. They're at a perfect 61, 62, or 63 percent humidity after eight hours, depending on which device you want to believe. Let the burpage commence!

Shed, I stuck all of the SUKRAGRAHA Mini Digital Temperature Humidity Meter Gauge Thermometer Hygrometer LCD Degree Fahrenheit beasts in a ziplock with 10 Boveda 62% packs and they are all very close with the exception of one outlier, which I pulled apart to see what makes them tic. The dogs epoxied the brains and there is no provision for calibration but they are decently built with clean soldering. What's really crazy is at that price it's almost cheaper to buy new than replace the two LR44 batteries.

1666162634742.png

Salt in a lid. Fill to top with water. Seal with Hygrometer. Wait 10 hrs. Should read 75%

That's not the way to test hygrometers.

This is (start at 1:00):

I can't be bothered to type it all out at the moment.

Salt in a lid. Fill to top with water. Seal with Hygrometer. Wait 10 hrs. Should read 75%

These things are less than $8. Not worth the trouble! If they could be calibrated, then yeah. I was more interested in uniformity of response in a known static environment.

Well if you care to test their accuracy... know you know how!

62% RH is the gospel only because Bovida packs are advertised at 62%. There is a range a few percent either side of 62% that is more than acceptable for cannabis.

Virginia tobacco for example, once dried, is cured and stored with a moisture content between 12% and 16%, so an ambient relative humidity of 60% to 68% is required to maintain the desired moisture content.

62% RH is the gospel only because Bovida packs are advertised at 62%. There is a range a few percent either side of 62% that is more than acceptable for cannabis.

Virginia tobacco for example, once dried, is cured and stored with a moisture content between 12% and 16%, so an ambient relative humidity of 60% to 68% is required to maintain the desired moisture content.
68 seems high to me. I would never store bud that wet. I use the packs... Integra, not Boveda (62%)I really like them. I use a few hygrometers in my jars, and burp often, but even at 62 I watch them closely

One MTPC down, one to go. Got a few decent sized buds goin' on. :)

IMG_447512.JPG
IMG_448017.JPG
IMG_448213.JPG

Next in line for the chop.
IMG_448311.JPG

And the MamaThai ThaiStik isn't too far behind.
IMG_448412.JPG
IMG_448617.JPG

The MTTS has a pretty strong foundation.
IMG_448816.JPG

Well done senior! One for the books is right. One for the record books....

Back
Top Bottom