Rider509: Two Thais & G13

The larf may not be pretty but it's sticky as hell. Roll it into a ball and it holds its shape. Looks like it's covered in saffron.

MTPC_larf2.jpg
MTPC_larf.jpg

Time to make some meds! So have ya chopped yet or just took off 5 zips of lower growth?

Time to make some meds! So have ya chopped yet or just took off 5 zips of lower growth?
I'm excited to try, Dabbers. I've been nonstop reading over at Sweet Sue's threads to build a base knowledge. Don't want to screw it up! And yeah, this is just the stuff from under that I pulled out. I'll probably do a partial harvest tomorrow. It's crazy how fast things change when harvest is near. Three days ago I had to look hard to see amber. Yesterday they were maybe 5%. I'd rather chop a bit too early than a bit too late given the intended application.

Never seen that stuff before. I see your buying bulk though. lol.
I ran the numbers of buying bulk vs driving to Oregon to buy Everclear 190 Proof and decided to save some money and make life easy. And as this is a food grade extraction agent it should make some good clean meds.

And it looks like I got lucky and pulled the hanging buds at just the right time. This is where all the jars were this morning.
They're getting burped.
IMG_445718.JPG

Re: Rider509 - Two Thais & G13

Wow 77% I think I would put them out to dry for about an hour before putting it back into jars.

That thought crossed my mind too, Derbs. But then I tried shaking them out of a jar. Damned sticky things have fused into a solid mass. I'm off to WallyWorld to see if I can find those narrow wooden tongs to pull them out with.

Wow 77% I think I would put them out to dry for about an hour before putting it back into jars.
Last time I put not dry enough buds to cure it had a grassy not weedy taste. I found that the little stem snap signal that all the websites advise is the good to way to follow

Its amazing how much moisture is still deep in the buds that comes to light when put in jars.

SD I know this guy that has enough buds to do a trial cob run. :idea:

Shoot me the details, JM. I'll be your huckleberry. .

That thought crossed my mind too, Derbs. But then I tried shaking them out of a jar. Damned sticky things have fused into a solid mass. I'm off to WallyWorld to see if I can find those narrow wooden tongs to pull them out with.
If their sticking together that bad means too much moisture. Too much moisture = bud rot. Get some air on those nugs

Shoot me the details, JM. I'll be your huckleberry. .

Basically the little stems inside the buds should snap rather than bend, before they are jarred. A very good rule of :thumb:

When the RH% is that high, take them out of the jar and put them on a sheet of baking paper or something for an hour or so and then back in the jar ;)

So, Derbs, I read up on the Malawi style cob cure. Sounds interesting. I'll give it a go but I'm betting that I end up with mold. From several sources I read that the Malawi is mold-resistant. Weasel had issues with mold in this MTPC. Maybe if I let it hang to dry just a bit longer. But in the interest of science I'll choose a couple ozs of primo buds and give it hell. Hope you don't mind but I'm leaning toward the vacuum sealed bag method rather than the bury in dirt method. LOL. I've got fresh frozen banana leaves in the deep freeze so I'll use that unless I can find fresh corn on the cob. Someone else will have to do the smoke test. I'll seal it back up in a vac bag when it's done and mail it to you. :)

:thumb:

So, Derbs, I read up on the Malawi style cob cure. Sounds interesting. I'll give it a go but I'm betting that I end up with mold. From several sources I read that the Malawi is mold-resistant. Weasel had issues with mold in this MTPC. Maybe if I let it hang to dry just a bit longer. But in the interest of science I'll choose a couple ozs of primo buds and give it hell. Hope you don't mind but I'm leaning toward the vacuum sealed bag method rather than the bury in dirt method. LOL. I've got fresh frozen banana leaves in the deep freeze so I'll use that unless I can find fresh corn on the cob. Someone else will have to do the smoke test. I'll seal it back up in a vac bag when it's done and mail it to you. :)

The Vac bag is how I am going to do it. You can just chew up a little..... Some of the events in that thread are nuts.

You need to start another Journal for that. It is going to a process on its own... LOL

Thanks Rider but no smoke test from me. I work on flight hardware and get drug tested so I'm just the gardener for my daughter. I use to be a big stoner in the day and got to tell ya I don't know how I've gotten this far without trying out my girls. Some stinky, sticky, girls I've grown. (Hairs on arms standing up right now just talking about them)

Back
Top Bottom