Rider509: Two Thais & G13

Some trichome pics would be great. I know you do everything in a large manner but we don't need anything from an electron microscope or nothing.
After wasting WAY too much time reading reviews on usb microscopes (and coveting true scientific devices that were $$$$) I settled on a cheapo Celestron 5MP device. Just couldn't justify anything over $100 for this application. It'll be here Monday. I think I can stay the reaper's hand for a few more days.

edit: with limited magnification power some things will still be too small to see. :)

Man you shoulda read my blog first:
See and take pics of your trichomes (and bug identification) easy peasy!

20170728_083508.jpg

Re: Rider509 - Two Thais & G13

Yeah a loupe taped to a camera phone was my cover photo for weeks.... but it is a great and easy way to scope the triches

Any update on the issue?

I'd bumped a fan last night just enough to blow the hot air from the dehumidifier right along the wall to the thermometer. Doh!

Rider509 - Two Thais & G13

I cut a few of the baby bud stems that I thought were ready. They're not. I had to look real hard to find any amber.

2a9390252d5481747f11ac26a45eeb39.jpg

17386c9f8f41f3c5ddc7f69f6e9244fc.jpg

8ad8829a2bf5a657a7be540ddc0c3036.jpg

It's weird that this pic looks so red. Just warm lighting.
ab1ed1af81245d1e1dfad56ad9e1b75a.jpg

After wasting WAY too much time reading reviews on usb microscopes (and coveting true scientific devices that were $$$$) I settled on a cheapo Celestron 5MP device. Just couldn't justify anything over $100 for this application. It'll be here Monday. I think I can stay the reaper's hand for a few more days.

edit: with limited magnification power some things will still be too small to see. :)
Did you get a Celestron Micro Fi? If so I think you'll like it

Did you get a Celestron Micro Fi? If so I think you'll like it
This is the one. I liked the true 5MP camera and the remote shutter feature. I hope it works for me. If not, it's going back.
Celestron 5 MP Handheld Digital Microscope Pro : Science Lab Handheld Digital
1666162978619.png

Re: Rider509 - Two Thais & G13

I dunno. You're not that far off on that pic. Amber is not what you're looking for for your brother (unless CBN is part of the mix), cloudy is peak THC. And I'm not seeing a lot of completely clear trichomes there. You're going to be doing a lot of checking with that new contraption if you want to do a staggered harvest on each of those huge colas on each plant.

I cut a few of the baby bud stems that I thought were ready. They’re not. I had to look real hard to find any amber.
2a9390252d5481747f11ac26a45eeb39.jpg

This is the one. I liked the true 5MP camera and the remote shutter feature. I hope it works for me. If not, it's going back.
Celestron 5 MP Handheld Digital Microscope Pro : Science Lab Handheld Digital
That'll do it.

I bought the micro fi last year. It's cool, wireless, easy

Back
Top Bottom