Rider509: Two Thais & G13

That's as good a guess as anything but I've only ever just peeked at the roots before. It was a really thin skim that must have been floating before I lifted the roots into it. I had to clear the roots from the drain or I'd have never seen it. Given that it's so green I'm wondering if light is getting in there. Can green stuff grow in the dark?
I've had green sticky stuff similar to that on the underside of my yellow lid, which I assumed was due to heat and light. But its never that much, wipes straight off, and takes half a grow to show up again.

I'd say you're on the money. Does this mean I'm gonna have toxic slime in my res from your lights?.. maybe it's time I did something about the yellow lid..

I've had green sticky stuff similar to that on the underside of my yellow lid, which I assumed was due to heat and light. But its never that much, wipes straight off, and takes half a grow to show up again.

I'd say you're on the money. Does this mean I'm gonna have toxic slime in my res from your lights?.. maybe it's time I did something about the yellow lid..

All depends on what isotopes you are using.

We could hardly hear you anyway...that's what made it Oscar®-worthy!
That's so funny, Shed. I watched it later and I don't even know what the hell I said through some of it. Maybe turn the fans off next time?

Does this mean I'm gonna have toxic slime in my res from your lights?.. maybe it's time I did something about the yellow lid..
Tunkers, I have no clue but I suspect yes. My knowledge of green slime is sadly lacking. But isn't it true that for the slime to be green there has to be a chlorophyll thing happening?

Tunkers, I have no clue but I suspect yes. My knowledge of green slime is sadly lacking. But isn't it true that for the slime to be green there has to be a chlorophyll thing happening?
I agree. Green would mean light. Get your shit sorted mate, what is this, amateur hour? . hehe

Maybe if you didn't build 5 suns in your house like you lived on an alien planet you wouldn't have these problems

Hey Tunkers, did you get things sorted out with Digikey? I've got a spare strip I'll donate to the cause if they don't make you whole. I want to see the sun shine in your cool room!

Just got a msg from an Italian grower on another forum that I helped with the Samsungs. He's pretty stoked with his build and his testing results. He built an equivalent HLG light as well and said he likes the Samsungs better. He's building fifty units for a grow operation. Fifty units! Can you imagine what that would be like? I want to learn Italian and go work for him. Ciao, baby.

RIU_builder.JPG

Hey Tunkers, did you get things sorted out with Digikey? I've got a spare strip I'll donate to the cause if they don't make you whole. I want to see the sun shine in your cool room!

Just got a msg from an Italian grower on another forum that I helped with the Samsungs. He's pretty stoked with his build and his testing results. He built an equivalent HLG light as well and said he likes the Samsungs better. He's building fifty units for a grow operation. Fifty units! Can you imagine what that would be like? I want to learn Italian and go work for him. Ciao, baby.

RIU_builder.JPG
Still awaiting a reply from digikey. Surely they will claim responsibility for it. If they end up being pricks I'll just finish growing using 3 strips until someone asks me to build them one .

Surely wouldn't be worth the courier charges to get one safely here mate even though I appreciate the generosity haha

Hi Folks,

I have never come across or experienced this sort of lighting. What is this and why do you go through the whole engineer/build and cost for a light? Why not just go with 600 or 1000 W lights like everyone else? Is this really the secret to grow indoors at this scale...? Sure running hydroponic helps too...but...?

Hi Folks,

I have never come across or experienced this sort of lighting. What is this and why do you go through the whole engineer/build and cost for a light? Why not just go with 600 or 1000 W lights like everyone else? Is this really the secret to grow indoors at this scale...? Sure running hydroponic helps too...but...?
First... you must take the blood oath. Then... you must narfle the Garthok!

The Samsung strips are incredibly efficient and more cost effective than COBs or some of the other more esoteric lighting options. I'd be happy to talk to you about it if you're interested. PM me though because I'm sure these guys are sick of hearing about Samsungs, which, oddly, doesn't keep me from bringing it up every chance I get. LMAO.

That's as good a guess as anything but I've only ever just peeked at the roots before. It was a really thin skim that must have been floating before I lifted the roots into it. I had to clear the roots from the drain or I'd have never seen it. Given that it's so green I'm wondering if light is getting in there. Can green stuff grow in the dark?

Looks like some kind of algea, they need very little light to grow, but some light is required though.
Check if it's sealed properly, and maybe (I don't know shit about hydro) use some sort of resevoir cleaner product thing ;)

Where do you guys get those strips?

Hell yeah. Not the kind of music I'd usually listen to but it gave me goosebumps. I dig it. I'm not a country boy though. I'm a dirty old biker. Bought my first Harley in '76. I've been around the block a time or two, and that song hits home.

Rider509 - Two Thais & G13

I'm going to chop some of the MT Pineapple Chunk this Sunday. I don't think the rest of it is too far behind though.
Apologies for the uncorrected photos. 3500K gives the pics a warm tone but I got lazy.

503e6d11cce875a70a80bbee00a9682b.jpg

eff5a92f5521f837bf2f117ab072b39c.jpg

f5af0b36d0c3dfb005fbd79811230507.jpg

0247642bd4d60dfaad244160ba608ae2.jpg

Re: Rider509 - Two Thais & G13

I'm going to chop some of the MT Pineapple Chunk this Sunday. I don't think the rest of it is too far behind though.
Apologies for the uncorrected photos. 3500K gives the pics a warm tone but I got lazy.

503e6d11cce875a70a80bbee00a9682b.jpg

eff5a92f5521f837bf2f117ab072b39c.jpg

f5af0b36d0c3dfb005fbd79811230507.jpg

0247642bd4d60dfaad244160ba608ae2.jpg
Pretty sure if you get any more compliments about this grow you'll have to buy more yoyos to keep your own head up..

I actually feel sorry for the person who attempts to mull up that bud

Hell yeah. Not the kind of music I'd usually listen to but it gave me goosebumps. I dig it. I'm not a country boy though. I'm a dirty old biker. Bought my first Harley in '76. I've been around the block a time or two, and that song hits home.

I'm not country either. It's orginally a Charlie Daniels song. But I love the new school feel. And yes it hits home. Only country I like is Aaron Lewis. And that's because he's from staind and not really a country boy. He's a rocker that has just slowed down some and plays his back country roots and words through a slower phase. He's dope man.

I'm not country either. It's orginally a Charlie Daniels song. But I love the new school feel. And yes it hits home. Only country I like is Aaron Lewis. And that's because he's from staind and not really a country boy. He's a rocker that has just slowed down some and plays his back country roots and words through a slower phase. He's dope man.
+1 for Staind. Hey have you heard Dustin Kensrue from Thrice? Might dig that too

Back
Top Bottom