Rider509: Two Thais & G13

I hate to do this to you... I'm sure you've gone over this, but here goes. What are your lights? Did you build them? Would you buy/build anything different? I may sell a Black Dog and build a cob rig. I'm just fact finding now.

No problem! There's a thread here that kinda stumbles through my research/build/testing of the Samsung strip lights. Rider's First Foray, or something like that. Anyway, it's a mix of sixteen Cree CXB3590s and eight (effectively) Samsung FB24Bs, all in 3500K. I wish the FB24Bs were around when I spent all that money on the Cree systems. The Crees rock but the Samsungs rock for less.

I need to effectively cover a 4'x4' area with strip LED's. I've followed the lighting thread but I found it a little confusing at times. Heat syncs, wiring, etc is all fine but I'm still a little dim on number of strips and drivers.

If I have it correct, I can cover a 4'x4' area with 4 - FB24Bs @ 3500k wired in series. Exactly what Meanwell driver or drivers do I need to power them without running the driver to the max?

I'm starting to think that I may yield a *tiny* bit more than I'd hoped for.

e809e80250a690e904d11a0dbe06a18f.jpg

Very impressive rider

I need to effectively cover a 4'x4' area with strip LED's. I've followed the lighting thread but I found it a little confusing at times. Heat syncs, wiring, etc is all fine but I'm still a little dim on number of strips and drivers.

If I have it correct, I can cover a 4'x4' area with 4 - FB24Bs @ 3500k wired in series. Exactly what Meanwell driver or drivers do I need to power them without running the driver to the max?
Four strips would cover 4x4 but not at the levels you want to hit, and certainly not with the same PAR levels you're hitting with your two 400W HPS lamps. I set mine up to cover a 2x4 area. Regardless, the 480H-48A is a beautiful match for four strips at the nominal 2.24A/strip with a bit of room to spare. The better option for a 4x4, for not much more $$$, is a 600H-48A with six strips.

Check out this grossness. It was growing on top of part of the roots of the Thaibodian Skunk like a blanket. A solid biofilm that came up in one piece and left no residue! It was flat before I balled it up in my hand. No bad smell at all, but slimey like some space slug. What the hell is it?

3fdce9d7bee8ea520a929b7449460733.jpg

Check out this grossness. It was growing on top of part of the roots of the Thaibodian Skunk like a blanket. A solid biofilm that came up in one piece and left no residue! It was flat before I balled it up in my hand. No bad smell at all, but slimey like some space slug. What the hell is it?

Did a rogue fan leaf get in there and turn to sludge?

People pay good money for stuff like that in a sushi place

No problem! There's a thread here that kinda stumbles through my research/build/testing of the Samsung strip lights. Rider's First Foray, or something like that. Anyway, it's a mix of sixteen Cree CXB3590s and eight (effectively) Samsung FB24Bs, all in 3500K. I wish the FB24Bs were around when I spent all that money on the Cree systems. The Crees rock but the Samsungs rock for less.
Nice! Thanks man.

I'm looking at the Mass Medical kit that Rapid puts out. I like the fact it has different spectrums in one footprint. I have grand ideas for my light. Just got to figure out what the hell it will be made with.

Did a rogue fan leaf get in there and turn to sludge?

That's as good a guess as anything but I've only ever just peeked at the roots before. It was a really thin skim that must have been floating before I lifted the roots into it. I had to clear the roots from the drain or I'd have never seen it. Given that it's so green I'm wondering if light is getting in there. Can green stuff grow in the dark?

Back
Top Bottom