Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Force flowering is def badass!!

I plan to build a greenhouse this year or early next year with a light dep section with an automated black out shade. i don't have the time with work to be there consistently everyday to achieve it with out the help of automation. basically a smaller hoophouse inside the larger greenhouse....

But you inspired this RL! i too wanna have the force flower plants done and smoking on them while i wait for the BIGGUNS'!!!!!!

HAPPY THURWEED to you as well!:high-five:
Yeah an automated system is the way to go for larger scale operations. I would LOVE to see you put one together, or somebody, anybody!! Glad I could inspire you a little bit :)

Good morning Lester and a Happy Herb day. Repost or not It's beautiful. When you going on you hiatus? I bet you are preparing for that. Have a good day :thumb:
Good Morning Bee! :ciao: Yeah, I am now on my one week hiatus out of town watching someone's pets. 4 cats and 2 dogs to feed. One is a puppy and is a handful. Anyhow, the garden shall be in good hands while I'm gone, can't wait to get back to see the ladies on Wednesday of next week. :Namaste:

Hey there Lester, how is the big green lady looking today ??

:thumb:

I'm sure it looks just fine. Will have to get an update from my mate later on :surf:

Oh i WILL put one together...just a matter of time...im bu:volcano-smiley:ilding a house as we speak..earthbag house that is:)Earthbag Building: Hart House just in case you didnt know or havent heard of this style house buidling,everyone should know about it, no mortgage is my goal...

anyways this blue dream has me rambling...

:volcano-smiley:

I caught up!!! Took Me about a week to do so but was totally worth it!

Oh i WILL put one together...just a matter of time...im bu:volcano-smiley:ilding a house as we speak..earthbag house that is:)Earthbag Building: Hart House just in case you didnt know or havent heard of this style house buidling,everyone should know about it, no mortgage is my goal...

Good Day Weed sir grow alot. earth bag building is so cool, literally cool. I follow Living off the grid and I just started studying Permaculture. Sure wish I was younger so I could do some of these things. My dream is to have an underground house with an attached in earth greenhouse. A person can dream you know. :high-five:

Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see what you put together. Very neat style of houses, looks interesting! I hope everything works out perfect for you :Namaste: :volcano-smiley:

I caught up!!! Took Me about a week to do so but was totally worth it!
Wow, thank you so much! That means a lot to me :circle-of-love:

Good Day Weed sir grow alot. earth bag building is so cool, literally cool. I follow Living off the grid and I just started studying Permaculture. Sure wish I was younger so I could do some of these things. My dream is to have an underground house with an attached in earth greenhouse. A person can dream you know. :high-five:

Right on Bee:high-five:

Those houses are sweet!!

Indeed:volcano-smiley:

Stem system reposts

IMG_30748.JPG
IMG_30822.JPG

Thanks for sharing that link, Sir Grow Alot! I'm very interested in trying this. Not sure if it would work in my state, too many GOP idiots that don't give a hoot about the environment. I wouldn't mind moving on out to the SW desert and trying this, maybe in NM, where medical is legal.

First off. That's freaking awesome huge stems. How did it not outgrow that pot it's sitting in. That's just amazing bro. I give you mad props.
Right? I was thinking those stems are ready for monsters.

Those stems seem ready to pack on some serious :yummy: BudWeight :yummy:
I am kind of hoping the same thing! :morenutes::cheer::)
First off. That's freaking awesome huge stems. How did it not outgrow that pot it's sitting in. That's just amazing bro. I give you mad props.
I wrote a post a while back about using the pot sizes to my advantage. I use rootbounding to my advantage. Imagine if I were to put this plant in the ground, or if I gave it a much larger pot. Would be far too big for my backyard. With situations like this, it just means you have to water and feed more often, because the root mass more efficiently absorbs and uptakes the water mass, and the nutrients get run up quicker. There are definitely some positives to a situation like this. Anyway, the entire soil mass in that pot is 100% roots, it should be completely bound up by now. In some way, I see the plant as being even more "alive' than it already is. Now it depends even more on its own built up cellulose and stem system to survive. If it does not have energy and water supplied in the root zone, it can literally internally harvest some of its own sugars by "hydrolyzing" the bonds of cellulose, which "cleaves" the bond using water and yields monomer units of sugar. Not to mention, the process of cellular respiration (which breaks down those monomer units of sugar) is performed during the dark cycle and actually generates water. So the plant becomes much more independent in a way IMO, I'm still in the works with experimenting/philosophizing about what works for me and what I enjoy to do. But thinking of plants as complete synthetic machines, similar to humans, there is just something so special about the fact they evolved millions of years before we did on this planet. :volcano-smiley:
Huge stems! Girl looks pretty. :) Keep it green, RL! :Namaste:
Will do brother! :)
Right? I was thinking those stems are ready for monsters.
Yeah, well it is actually a very intricate pattern of branching when you look at the top of each branch. That's why I pruned so heavily below. I do not want popcorn buds. Anyway, each main branch is sort of like a "boquet". Each one carries a lot of sub-colas that are actually looking like they should be as heavy as the main ones. I am surprised how the branching took place, it's really incredible. The photos I take don't really do the intricacy justice in showing the branching pattern. Some of the "center boquet" pictures from before the big LST show it pretty good. Either way, I kind of took a small page out of the "flux book" where you strip the bottom growth almost completely to channel the energy/hormones upward to the sites that have more potential. I sure hope I get big colas to make up for any loss I might have with worms/mold as well as for the low yields from my other plants. Hopefully I can grow something this winter, will have to work some magic :surf:

AAhhh the Great Outdoors
Aloha Brotha :peace:

Aloha and Mahalo brotha :ciao: Hope all is well :Namaste: :volcano-smiley:

As a follow up to the plant being more "independent" as result of the contained 100% root mass at ~5 gallons + intricate stem system, a big part of this is the amazing location in which I live and grow in :surf: :allgood:

Obviously it is to large degree dependent on me for food and water, however I was thinking of it more along the lines of thermodynamic equilibrium, and about La Chatelier's principle.

Thermodynamic equilibrium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Le Chatelier's principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So in essence we wish to achieve an equilibrium with the way the plant is metabolizing its own sugars and at what rates it is flowing water and where its all going at what time. In other words, we wish to be able to quantitatively assess these factors. Anyway, once we achieve a nice homeostasis in the plant, perhaps we can have a more efficient allocation of the over all net energy of the system..

Our dream is very much the same ;):high-five: im building a 36' round house now bermed 4.5' into the west side of a hill surrounded by woods...next is an equal sized underground earthbag round house and not attached but will have a pit greenhouse too for year round growing!!!:) and your are right about being young...im still in the early 30 range so i gotta get it done while the body still can!!!

Those houses are sweet!!

Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see what you put together. Very neat style of houses, looks interesting! I hope everything works out perfect for you :Namaste: :volcano-smiley:

Thanks for sharing that link, Sir Grow Alot! I'm very interested in trying this. Not sure if it would work in my state, too many GOP idiots that don't give a hoot about the environment. I wouldn't mind moving on out to the SW desert and trying this, maybe in NM, where medical is legal.

very glad you all liked the link!!!:volcano-smiley: i dont wanna take up any more of MR Lester's journal with this so if anyone wants to continue talking about earthbag houses and building them id love to, so come hang out Sir Grow Alot's Favorite Strains - LED - High Brix

I am kind of hoping the same thing! :morenutes::cheer::)

I wrote a post a while back about using the pot sizes to my advantage. I use rootbounding to my advantage. Imagine if I were to put this plant in the ground, or if I gave it a much larger pot. Would be far too big for my backyard. With situations like this, it just means you have to water and feed more often, because the root mass more efficiently absorbs and uptakes the water mass, and the nutrients get run up quicker. There are definitely some positives to a situation like this. Anyway, the entire soil mass in that pot is 100% roots, it should be completely bound up by now. In some way, I see the plant as being even more "alive' than it already is. Now it depends even more on its own built up cellulose and stem system to survive. If it does not have energy and water supplied in the root zone, it can literally internally harvest some of its own sugars by "hydrolyzing" the bonds of cellulose, which "cleaves" the bond using water and yields monomer units of sugar. Not to mention, the process of cellular respiration (which breaks down those monomer units of sugar) is performed during the dark cycle and actually generates water. So the plant becomes much more independent in a way IMO, I'm still in the works with experimenting/philosophizing about what works for me and what I enjoy to do. But thinking of plants as complete synthetic machines, similar to humans, there is just something so special about the fact they evolved millions of years before we did on this planet. :volcano-smiley:

Yeah, well it is actually a very intricate pattern of branching when you look at the top of each branch. That's why I pruned so heavily below. I do not want popcorn buds. Anyway, each main branch is sort of like a "boquet". Each one carries a lot of sub-colas that are actually looking like they should be as heavy as the main ones. I am surprised how the branching took place, it's really incredible. The photos I take don't really do the intricacy justice in showing the branching pattern. Some of the "center boquet" pictures from before the big LST show it pretty good. Either way, I kind of took a small page out of the "flux book" where you strip the bottom growth almost completely to channel the energy/hormones upward to the sites that have more potential. I sure hope I get big colas to make up for any loss I might have with worms/mold as well as for the low yields from my other plants. Hopefully I can grow something this winter, will have to work some magic :surf:

As a follow up to the plant being more "independent" as result of the contained 100% root mass at ~5 gallons, a big part of this is the amazing location in which I live and grow in :surf: :allgood:

Obviously it is to large degree dependent on me for food and water, however I was thinking of it more along the lines of thermodynamic equilibrium, and about La Chatelier's principle.

Thermodynamic equilibrium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Le Chatelier's principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So in essence we wish to achieve an equilibrium with the way the plant is metabolizing its own sugars and at what rates it is flowing water and where its all going at what time. In other words, we wish to be able to quantitatively assess these factors. Anyway, once we achieve a nice homeostasis in the plant, perhaps we can have a more efficient allocation of the over all net energy of the system..

Great info and insight and thanks for the links to more info on it!!!

At this point most of what you said seems to def make sense but i dont fully understand it just yet:laughtwo: so i got some reading to do...Thanks again Lester:Namaste:

All great pictures Lester. The "Relaxed" buds & praying mantis' were cool. I hatched 2 egg cases but haven't seen even one since they hatched & scurried off.

Thanks! :) Yeah, they do need a lot of food to survive, same with the ladybugs. Hard to keep 'em in the canopy for good. We had a few get pretty big but they disappeared one day. They were really fun when I'd have a real big dense canopy. :surf:

Good evening herb Lester. Cool video. That took you some time to finish. Lot of pictures and good tunes. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom