Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Welcome back Rooster...

Congrats on the new place Goofy...

Very descriptive text update Relaxed One. What exactly do you mean when you say "Flower heads are becoming centralized"?

Welcome back Rooster...

Very descriptive text update Relaxed One. What exactly do you mean when you say "Flower heads are becoming centralized"?

Oh, thank you BAR for the question. I don't like to ask most of the time. I imagined they were all moving into a small township.

Love coming to your side in your journals RL.

always a nice read and great info's.... listening to some roots and culture imaggining what your corner smells like.

peace and many blessings green and beyond.

shotta

one of these days when it cools off some we should do a short hike and long smoke break.

Welcome back Rooster...

Dunc014 recently asked me the same question. I will illustrate it for you with a picture as well as text. Essentially it's the time between when the tops go from a little random cluster of pistils to a well shaped and uniform "flower head" kind of like a broccoli plant or like various budding plants do. Here is the illustration:

Picture of the current flower status of the natural KC-45 as of today (not all sites are equally developing, they will develop at slightly different rates)
IMG_31405.JPG

Picture of a "centralized flower head" after it has developed from a KC from earlier in the year (this was the compact lemon spice pheno from winter) This is often when it is a good time to introduce phosphorous dominated nutrients.
IMG_083518.jpg

Hopefully that clears up the ambiguity in my explanations :Namaste:

Oh, thank you BAR for the question. I don't like to ask most of the time. I imagined they were all moving into a small township.

Feel free to ask anything you want any time brother! You can PM me any time too :thumb:

Love coming to your side in your journals RL.

always a nice read and great info's.... listening to some roots and culture imaggining what your corner smells like.

peace and many blessings green and beyond.

shotta

one of these days when it cools off some we should do a short hike and long smoke break.

Ditto brother! Doing the same thing you are. Wondering the same things you are :) Peace and Many Blessings brother. Hope all is well on your end :Namaste: :volcano-smiley:

Some pics from today

The KC-45 plant I'm getting ready to harvest, I spent some quality time defoliating the fan leaves. Should make it a lot easier when I sit down and get her done.
IMG_31359.JPG

And then just some side shots of the Natural KC-45, she bounced back from her LST with dominance, and loved her tea. Did find a bunch of these bugs Bagrada hilaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in/around my tent. Thought they were ancient ladybugs that were predators, but it turns out they are a big pest. They were first introduced to LA in 2008, native to South Africa/Europe/Asia, not a native species here. They are known for picking brocolli heads to the bone. They also will suck the sap/resins from plants when they are in high numbers. They would surely munch the pistils right off those "centralized flower heads" So I removed them by hand and have Azamax on the way just in case. I was shocked at first cause I thought it might have been an Anchor Stink Bug which are known for eating caterpillars. Anyway here are some pics.
IMG_31325.JPG
IMG_31367.JPG
IMG_31386.JPG
IMG_31395.JPG
IMG_31405.JPG
IMG_31415.JPG

Catch you guys later :volcano-smiley: :ciao:

Hopefully that clears up the ambiguity in my explanations :Namaste:

:

There was no ambiguity in your explanations, Lester. There was simply ignorance in my mind. :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Thank you as always for your knowledge and the grace with which you dispense it.:circle-of-love:

:thanks: Lester

There was no ambiguity in your explanations, Lester. There was simply ignorance in my mind. :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Thank you as always for your knowledge and the grace with which you dispense it.:circle-of-love:

Haha you are welcome my friend :hug:

You too :passitleft:

Good stuff Lester. So you give a good dose of N for the last time when you see the centralized flower?
I try to give the last dose of N before they are fully centralized. In general though, a lot of new growers start with P ferts too soon and they'll wonder why their leaves prematurely turn yellow before they're supposed to. So continuing veg nutes for the first couple weeks of flower is not all that unusual. Depends on the age of the plant, size, medium, etc. So it's all case by case. Some of my other plants that are smaller have enough left in the soil they can go straight to the flowering transition nutrients (the 4-5-4 I will be using in a couple weeks).

Found one little worm on a bottom bud of the plant I'm about to harvest. I'm glad I found it and luckily it did not do much, if any, damage. I also found that moths have laid eggs on my plant, I am finding little perfectly spherical white eggs tucked into very strategic parts of the buds. I think I got most of them out with the ice-pick. I swear, leaving that plant outside for 2 days and the moths get on it like wolves on a piece of fresh meat. Got a sample drying in the EQ so about to puff that :volcano-smiley: and will chop first thing in the morning.

Anyway, off to enjoy some garden relaxation time, have a good evening mates :ciao:

OK guys just got done harvesting the Pine Spice phenotype of the KC-45 force flowers. I left the bottom buds to grow out for 1-2 more weeks. That's what I call gardening weed :thumb: :surf:

IMG_31446.JPG
IMG_31455.JPG
IMG_31485.JPG
IMG_31494.JPG

:surf: :volcano-smiley: :volcano-smiley:

:ciao:

Good morning herb Lester. Nice looking harvest and looks like you will be getting another nice one in a few weeks. :thumb::volcano-smiley:

Congrats Lester...

Aloha Brotha Gratz on the Haul :bravo:
Haha Aloha and thanks brother! :ciao: :volcano-smiley:

Good morning herb Lester. Nice looking harvest and looks like you will be getting another nice one in a few weeks. :thumb::volcano-smiley:

Excellent Mornings Herb my friend. :volcano-smiley: Yeah I had fun trimming that plant. Hopefully those bottom ones put on a few grams. I went ahead and fed it with the 0-8-1 bat guano Earth Juice, what the hell right :)

Congrats Lester...
TY BAR :)

You know it! :volcano-smiley: :volcano-smiley: :volcano-smiley:

Congrats, mate!

:surf: :woohoo: Mahalo AMK :cheer:

Relaxed 2014 J-Poll

I try to give the last dose of N before they are fully centralized. In general though, a lot of new growers start with P ferts too soon and they'll wonder why their leaves prematurely turn yellow before they're supposed to. So continuing veg nutes for the first couple weeks of flower is not all that unusual. Depends on the age of the plant, size, medium, etc. So it's all case by case. Some of my other plants that are smaller have enough left in the soil they can go straight to the flowering transition nutrients (the 4-5-4 I will be using in a couple weeks).

Congrats on another KC45 harvest. Very nice looking!

Thanks for reply. Not trying to belabor things, but this is topic w/o much coverage or consensus. General agreement that less N in bloom but I think all growers know that. The more elusive questions are timing for last good jolt of N, how much N needed during bloom, how deep into bloom for even small amts. of N?

Agree that it's "case by case". Not made any easier where multiple strains going at once. Sounds like your "last" N generally means no more N dominant veg type fertilizers? Just whatever N is in the flowering fertilizers?

Your thoughts on these questions would be greatly appreciated Lester. I'm interested in seeing what others think since detail on what I think is important topic is largely glossed over. I have tougher time since my nutrients are most often individual ingredients. And I've experienced both ends, too little & too much N. Haha.

Congrats on the Harvest!!

Looks tasty for sure!! +REP:bravo::high-five:

Thanks brotha! :volcano-smiley:

The more elusive questions are timing for last good jolt of N, how much N needed during bloom, how deep into bloom for even small amts. of N?

Agree that it's "case by case". Not made any easier where multiple strains going at once. Sounds like your "last" N generally means no more N dominant veg type fertilizers? Just whatever N is in the flowering fertilizers?

In response to the first part of your sequence of questions, again, it's all case by case. Depends on how much nutrients are left over in the soil. Because my natural KC-45 is in a small pot and its a big plant, it's gone through much of its nutrients that it had when it was planted back in February. So it was not surprising that I saw some early yellowing right on the onset of flower (first 1-2 weeks). So in that case I had to give them a little bit of love and make them some N dominant tea to get them through.

And for your second part. Yes, exactly. Once I'm done with the last serving of nitrogen dominant nutrients, what nitrogen they require is all supplied by the transition tea. The Dr. Earth 4-5-4 meal based blend. It just depends on strain and the circumstances. That's why I take on the idea of "feeling" how my plants feel, kinda of like Teddy mentioned once before, it's not so much about following exact orders given by the "nutrient chart" but rather adapting within the bounds of reason.

And so... once we get deep into flower I introduce the 0-8-1 bat guano by Earth Juice. Once I've been feeding we ideally see the nice fade of nitrogen. Sometimes when the pot doesn't get rootbound theres all kinds of extra nitrogen left in the soil at the bottom, and so it's still green even at the end. Sometimes gives it that "grassy smell" after trimming and takes a good cure to get out.

Yeah so to be honest, I literally just use "ready-bake" products and "off-shelf" soil and as you can see it works for me. I like to keep things relatively simple in my garden, and once you find something that works, well you know, it works :volcano-smiley: :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom