Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Aloha shanti Baba
more eye candy,,, bro them nugs look so nice an tight,,good weed t you:circle-of-love:

Aloha Buddy! :ciao: :surf:

Thank you so much brotha! :Namaste: :circle-of-love:

hola mi amigo :) looks exciting in here!!
Talking about fresh terpenes,
I was wondering if you've ever tried making charas? This is what mostly every outdoor grower in India does to their fresh buds, I've done it before on one of my indoor plants that pollinated itself. It was to this day the best tasting smoke I've ever had.

For any who don't know, charas is hand-rubbed hash, you don't need anything besides a fresh/ready to harvest plant and your two clean hands to make it. Here's a YT video link to an awesome Strain Hunters video where they make lots of charas:

[video=youtube;CqFiucWKo-8]
[/video]

It's kinda a long process, but I found it relaxing, although a bit messy. I think why it tastes so good is because it is made from fresh buds, no time for the whole terpene domination process you were talking about. One of my friends who grows also did this to one of his bubblegum plants that got pollinated, and it was a unique flavor all its own... so good. If anyone has a hermie'd plant or a pollinated one with lots of seeds and they don't want to smoke any of that, I'd highly recommend trying to make some charas from it. :circle-of-love:
Sorry for rambling Lester! cya! :passitleft:

I was wondering if you've ever tried making charas? This is what mostly every outdoor grower in India does to their fresh buds, I've done it before on one of my indoor plants that pollinated itself. It was to this day the best tasting smoke I've ever had.

For any who don't know, charas is hand-rubbed hash, you don't need anything besides a fresh/ready to harvest plant and your two clean hands to make it. Here's a YT video link to an awesome Strain Hunters video where they make lots of charas: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=uTy0KtKL5v_qTg30v7Wj7w&bvm=bv.71778758,d.aWw

It's kinda a long process, but I found it relaxing, although a bit messy. I think why it tastes so good is because it is made from fresh buds, no time for the whole terpene domination process you were talking about. One of my friends who grows also did this to one of his bubblegum plants that got pollinated, and it was a unique flavor all its own... so good. If anyone has a hermie'd plant or a pollinated one with lots of seeds and they don't want to smoke any of that, I'd highly recommend trying to make some charas from it. :circle-of-love:

Haha I don't think I have the patience or amount of plants to make making charas worth it. The scissor hash/glove hash is about as close as I can get to having a taste of fine fruity hash. It is a little messy too. :surf: I find it interesting though how they do it in India. Rub the plants, let it grow, come back later, rub it again. It's an interesting way of life no doubt! :hippy:

General thoughts section

Ok I'm gonna get some thoughts out. I am brewing a 10-3-1 Dr. Earth premium American bat guano tea which is priobiotically infused with 7 different strains of probiotics. I have been picking many mushrooms every morning in the base of my Maui Waui and Blueberry containers. I am going to serve a vegetative tea to all my little plants tomorrow after it is brewed for 24 hours in the bucket. I hope to increase my yield with them a little bit, if they totally flowered now I would not be extremely happy about it.

For the natural KC-45 in the tent, definitely starting to flower now. Even I noticed a day or two ago how the days are slightly getting shorter, this is something all of our plants across the country are picking up on. Intelligent calculated organisms I say! :adore:. But for her I am waiting to serve the Dr. Earth 4-5-4 (which is mainly meal based) until I see completely centralized flower heads take place. Until then I'm going to just feed her SNS-604A/SNS-209. I still need a good 1.5 weeks of SNS-209 treatments to get it built up. I'm hoping this will fend off a few worms (doubtable), but it should help the immune system and strength of the plant as well. She's going through very thorough 5 gallon watering sessions every 2 days. She will need water again tomorrow. So far I have not seen her very moody about under or overwatering, likewise for all KC-45 I have grown. Very tolerable of different conditions and super adaptable. I suppose any strain originating from the Amazon Jungle really would have to be super resilient. I find it interesting/funny how it is supposed to be crossed with the "Russian Ruderalis" though I have seen no sign of it, it's like there is this "magic genetic" in there somehow making this plant much more hardy than a lot others. I think it just goes to show the adaptability of these genetics are really high. Not many indoor growers have run it, but DP did and he got flowers and buds with it off 24/0 as well as 12/12. My plants calculate the environment before flowering, they don't just flower like a bud on a stick. They realize they have the opportunity to repopulate the world with their kind. So from my experience, I can't really say that these plants are true auto flowering, but for others it might be because of how very well adaptive they are considering the "magic gene" assuming it's in there at all. Blanket statements about genetics in advertising are hard to make, since genetics are probability function.

Anyway, onto my force flowering plants. When I took them out of the chamber it was 66% RH in there and 71 F. Pretty damn good considering outside of the chamber it's 85% RH. It's just been super humid. We had lightning strikes lately out at the beach. Apparently a big crowd of people got hit by lightning, one person died and a bunch got hit from the "blast" and were told to seek medical attention. Well my plants don't seem to mind the stormy weather, though we dodged the rain. Thankfully the temperature was not cold enough where I am for the clouds carrying the rain to actually precipitate. When it got to the colder mountains inland it dropped everything it had. :woohoo: :surf:

Rebounding from that tangent, I decided I wanted juice my plants up again.

For the 2 nearest plants I fed a combination of Earth Juice solution grade bat guano 0-8-1 at 1 tbs per gallon water + SNS-604B which I just glugged in like I'm adding red hot peppers on a pizza. Add a little bit of this a little bit of that, and when the bell goes ding it's done. I should mention I've been throwing everything but the kitchen sink into my plants this year. Fertilizers, foliar sprays, bug sprays, the list goes on...

Ok for the bigger force flower specimen that is a bit behind the others because of her distribution of energy being more level and she went into flower a couple weeks later, she was served with a full strength mixture of D&S Step 3 (1 tbs per gal) + a good few gluggs of SNS-604B for touch. I gave it to them all before, I think they loved it :)

Like I said, the yield is not totally great, so I think out all 3 force flowering plants I'll get 2 ounces dry and some nice trim. The buds are small, but insanely plastered with resins. I do think the ocean UV does my plants right in making them concentrate resins. Hard to say, should be approximately 2 ounces dry though (I hope) should keep me set until the bigger harvests later on. It's been nice to harvest buds all year, except for my first two KC-45's that I grew during the winter took so long to grow they weren't harvested until May!

Anyway, if anyone is still reading this, you are a true subscriber. Going to plan to do a full picture update on Thursday.

Be Well 420 Magaziners :ciao: :surf:

End of thought section

For any who don't know, charas is hand-rubbed hash, you don't need anything besides a fresh/ready to harvest plant and your two clean hands to make it. Here's a YT video link to an awesome Strain Hunters video where they make lots of charas: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=uTy0KtKL5v_qTg30v7Wj7w&bvm=bv.71778758,d.aWw

Picking a tree to rub at a friends house in Vashisht
I had to contribute to the charas bit mind you it was over 20 years ago since we was there

img478_Large_.jpg

Haha I don't think I have the patience or amount of plants to make making charas worth it. The scissor hash/glove hash is about as close as I can get to having a taste of fine fruity hash. It is a little messy too. :surf: I find it interesting though how they do it in India. Rub the plants, let it grow, come back later, rub it again. It's an interesting way of life no doubt! :hippy:
I totally agree, it takes time and effort and definitely doesn't give you the plant's full potential regarding yield. But in regards to flavor and taste.... there's nothing like it. My friends and I used to take a branch off every plant once we'd done it the first time and realized how good it was, usually only ending up with a nice sized bowl's worth of charas, but that bowl made the trimming process as nice and chill as it could possibly be hahaha :ganjamon::circle-of-love: the flavor makes it worth it to me in small doses. But I'd only put a whole plant towards that if it were a hermie or seed-riddled one, and I had a day to kill hahah.

I think you have many true subscribers ;) your long posts are my favorites.

Jaga that's so cool that you did that!! I'm Jealous. :love:

Well Lester, that would make me a true subscriber.

SoulGirl, (I give a lot of members I like my own nicknames) I'll have to try my hands (get it) at Charas. I have nothing but time on my hands.

SoulGirl, (I give a lot of members I like my own nicknames) I'll have to try my hands (get it) at Charas.I have nothing but time on my hands.
Hahaha I like it! :circle-of-love:
and I'm sure you'll love it! It's special for sure, but only for the people that can appreciate those fresh flavors over having lots more bud in the end, and for the people that are impatient for cure like me, its also to have something to smoke during curing/trimming. ;)
I'll just call you Bar :) I can't even think of names for my plants (except one haha...)

Hahaha I like it! :circle-of-love:
and I'm sure you'll love it! It's special for sure, but only for the people that can appreciate those fresh flavors over having lots more bud in the end, and for the people that are impatient for cure like me, its also to have something to smoke during curing/trimming. ;)
I'll just call you Bar :) I can't even think of names for my plants (except one haha...)
Call me anything you like. The initials stand for Broke Azz Reg.
I'm actually trying to get away from naming my plants. It gets you too attached to them. Almost like children.

Picking a tree to rub at a friends house in Vashisht
I had to contribute to the charas bit mind you it was over 20 years ago since we was there

img478_Large_.jpg

Absolutely loved your picture and share! :thanks: Aloha and Mahalo Brotha! :Namaste: Be Well :ciao: :surf:

:passitleft: :circle-of-love:

I totally agree, it takes time and effort and definitely doesn't give you the plant's full potential regarding yield. But in regards to flavor and taste.... there's nothing like it. My friends and I used to take a branch off every plant once we'd done it the first time and realized how good it was, usually only ending up with a nice sized bowl's worth of charas, but that bowl made the trimming process as nice and chill as it could possibly be hahaha :ganjamon::circle-of-love: the flavor makes it worth it to me in small doses. But I'd only put a whole plant towards that if it were a hermie or seed-riddled one, and I had a day to kill hahah.

I think you have many true subscribers ;) your long posts are my favorites.

Jaga that's so cool that you did that!! I'm Jealous. :love:

Thank you Soilgirl! :) :ciao:

Wise words, expert insight AND a picture update to come. Mr. Lester, you are spoiling us.
:thanks::cheer::circle-of-love:

LOL :rofl:

:thanks:

SoulGirl, (I give a lot of members I like my own nicknames) I'll have to try my hands (get it) at Charas. I have nothing but time on my hands.
Thanks for reading! :)

Call me anything you like. The initials stand for Broke Azz Reg.
I'm actually trying to get away from naming my plants. It gets you too attached to them. Almost like children.

True ;)

KC-45 Force Flowers UPCLOSE; FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

IMG_28817.JPG
IMG_28834.JPG
IMG_28843.JPG
IMG_28863.JPG
IMG_28872.JPG
IMG_28883.JPG
IMG_28895.JPG
IMG_28902.JPG

moy linda verde! RL

Mahalo! :surf:

:thumb: Les & SoilGal, these last 3 pages were overwhelmingly informative,

:cheer: General thoughts section = HALF a REP !! for wisdom shared :circle-of-love:

:adore: thoughts section :adore:

:thanks: neighbor,

now the 2nd half of those REPS you earned:

congrats on being the highest rated yard on 420:high-five:

:ciao:
Thank you trichomes! I am so happy that people enjoy reading my general thought sections :circle-of-love: :thanks:

Aloha Brotha When r we smoking that?
:rofl: have a good one :thumb:

LOL :rofl:, thanks for the radical comment brotha! I wish I could share it with all you amazing people, we are all together in the spirit world though! :Namaste: Aloha Weednesday Buddy :cheer: :ciao:

Hmmmm OK the KC-45 flowers (the 2 most mature specimens) are finishing up really quick. I think I'm gonna have to start chopping some flowers soon. I want to give it just a couple more days. At this point it doesn't really matter because I want day time weed to enjoy while I'm gardening my fall crop.

Foxtailing is occuring on them, or atleast what I call fox tailing when the tip of the bud shoots up a slender stack of calyxes. But they are so desperate to continue growing that I am seeing these tiny new little green leaves that wish to grow more calyxes and add onto the "calyx stack". So anytime between now and a couple days and I should start taking some flowers down. I like to think I created something from nothing. If it was not for my nifty idea of force flowering and transplanting, what was runty looking plants only 60 days ago are now prime specimens to enjoy.

Another thing to realize about what I believe to be is the land-race strain from Brazil, KC-45, I haven't grown many land-races, but I would suspect that true and mostly pure land-races would have much different and less uniform bud structures than our modern day hybrids. The same finished product for a modern day hybrid doesn't look like the same finished product of essentially a pure land-race strain.

So, though these buds are going to be small, I have a feeling they are going to be highly satisfactory. :tokin:

Good morning weed Lester. Tried something different. Found branch broke off the big girls in the back yard so I trimmed it and along with some harlequin bud cooked it in just over a quart of milk and a cup of cream. After straining and cooling I drank a 1/2 cup and man did I get stoned. Had to go to bed. Of course it took about 3 hours for me to get to that point. I'm putting it in my coffee this morning so we will see how I feel a few hours from now. I ended up with a quart of liquid when I was done. Just didn't want to waste the foliage and the harlequin was from a crop about 1 1/2 years ago. Put about 10 grams in. Okay enough babbling. Happy Weedsday

Amazing trees man, incredible how that KC 45 is all grown out I bet harvesting takes a while on a tree like that. Is that pre or post flower stretch??

Sorry, is someone confused? Are you referring to Jaga's picture where he is standing next to the tree? That isn't KC-45 or anything being grown in my journal. That's an old picture of him. :goof:

LOL :rofl: :surf:

Back
Top Bottom