Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Sunshine Shots

OK here is my sunshine update. I hope you enjoy it! The first part will show the natural KC-45 and the second part will show the force flowers. Hot out there, gonna have to give the big lady some water tomorrow. She can handle every 2 days at the current rate, the ocean temps keep us with a cool breeze thankfully :surf: Not much else to say, here are the pics. :ciao:

IMG_280010.JPG
IMG_28019.JPG
IMG_28025.JPG
IMG_280310.JPG
IMG_280410.JPG
IMG_280513.JPG
IMG_28068.JPG
IMG_280711.JPG
IMG_28089.JPG
IMG_28098.JPG
IMG_281011.JPG
IMG_28118.JPG
IMG_28146.JPG
IMG_28157.JPG
IMG_28176.JPG
IMG_281811.JPG
IMG_28193.JPG
IMG_28204.JPG

Good Day :peace:

Hot diggitity dog Lester let the sun shine upon you and your girls. :thumb: Look mighty pretty. Just makes a person feel good. :circle-of-love:

Amazing Les, they are all doing so well.
Natural girl, looks like she's about 7 feet wide....she's the perfect size....for a hedge.... :thedoubletake::popcorn:
:peace::Namaste:
Thanks buddy! Not sure if she's 7 feet wide but pretty darn wide, prolly 5-6 feet wide. I'm loving this plant right now. Can't wait for my force flowers to finish up and just sit with the big one after medicating it :Namaste:
Hot diggitity dog Lester let the sun shine upon you and your girls. :thumb: Look mighty pretty. Just makes a person feel good. :circle-of-love:
Loved your comment!!! :circle-of-love: :thanks:

I'll have whatever they are....

Good choice! ;) :thumb:

Thank you! Sometimes it's good to reflect and admire. I seem to do that often :surf: It wasn't a total reveg though, just partially. I believe some interesting "magic" happened within the complexities of the plant. You can see how I use the screen to aid with spreading the branches, the fimmed tips that were flowering in that picture were the only flowering parts on the whole plant when it grew. It simultaneously vegetated the lower portion that I LSTed through the screen, and it flowered (to low degree) the fimmed tip. At that time I got an immense taste of the flavor of the plant, that's how I know this is the skunky phenotype of KC-45, none of my other KC-45 had terpenes like this one. Made me want to take those clones that much more. So I only had to trim the revegetation from what used to be the main two resultant fimmed branches, everything else stayed purely vegetative, it was neat! :yummy:
I'm so happy for you Lester :) I can smell her future self and clones from CO :laughtwo: its really inspiring to see your connection to, and knowledge about, your plants... thanks so much for the advice for my little clones by the way, they perked right back up after a couple light mistings and being in shade for a while. They're clones of Juicy Lucy AKA UKH2 whose terpenes I'm most impressed by so far in my grow, I might even bring those genetics inside for my indoor grow later on, but we'll see how harvest goes.
Outdoor blooming time is so magical... if only I were as Relaxed as you I could curb my impatience for finished buds and just revel in the beauty of the changes... beautiful flowers everywhere, pretty butterflies, yet what I'm focused on is the thought of chopping down my lovely ladies in a couple months, stringing 'em up, and slowly dehydrating them Lol. I'm a bit evil I guess >.< but sitting out with my plants and reading helps distract those thoughts and let me just enjoy the little ecosystem of my back yard ;)

Lester who is relaxed

Sweet update and large ladies!! Looks like the jars will be full. I am eyeballing a greenhouse :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm so happy for you Lester :) I can smell her future self and clones from CO :laughtwo: its really inspiring to see your connection to, and knowledge about, your plants... thanks so much for the advice for my little clones by the way, they perked right back up after a couple light mistings and being in shade for a while. They're clones of Juicy Lucy AKA UKH2 whose terpenes I'm most impressed by so far in my grow, I might even bring those genetics inside for my indoor grow later on, but we'll see how harvest goes.
Outdoor blooming time is so magical... if only I were as Relaxed as you I could curb my impatience for finished buds and just revel in the beauty of the changes... beautiful flowers everywhere, pretty butterflies, yet what I'm focused on is the thought of chopping down my lovely ladies in a couple months, stringing 'em up, and slowly dehydrating them Lol. I'm a bit evil I guess >.< but sitting out with my plants and reading helps distract those thoughts and let me just enjoy the little ecosystem of my back yard ;)

Yeah, I like to enjoy vegetation while it lasts. Not much work to do but watch and water. The real inspections/work come in hard flower when we're most vulnerable. Unfortunately when bloom time comes I will be extremely busy with other lifely duties, in which my mate will have to water and take care of the plants on and off. I can only hope for the best :Namaste:

Glad to hear your clones perked back up, I knew they would with a little TLC :)

Magic is on the way my friend! :hug: Enjoy this rest period while it lasts :cheer: :ciao:

Lester who is relaxed

Sweet update and large ladies!! Looks like the jars will be full. I am eyeballing a greenhouse :cheesygrinsmiley:

Buck! Thanks for dropping by. I am glad you enjoyed the update. Having 420's best cannabis photographer give me props is something special :) I may not be yielding a ton of weed this year, but I'm super excited for the quality. All I can remember is how super amazing and interconnected the KC-45 made me feel with the Universe. There was just something about it. Hard to explain.

Anyway, can't wait to see your plants grow this year Buck. This is the first year I have actually seen you grow outside, and I'd have to say you're giving me a run for my money! Expecting detailed coverage of them ladies :cheer::Namaste:

Good Day to my fellow gardeners! :thumb:

PS Thank you everyone for the likes,comments,and reps. It is so wonderful to wake up to your likes and comments. It makes me feel great.

And I ask again,

"Who's relaxed"?

And I ask again,

"Who's relaxed"?

:)

Good day to you Les! :peace::Namaste:

Good Day CareStaker :high-five:

General thought section

Well it looks like the flowering is going quicker than I thought, I presume there will be KC-45 ready before when I predicted it would be ready. Looking like 1-2 weeks for the most mature flowers. I have realized that these buds are not going to be very big but they will be intricate.

Upon detailed examination of the flowers and trichomes using a jewelers loupe, I am finding the most mature flowers to be ready to harvest in approximately ~1.5 weeks. The trichomes are mostly cloudy, with a lot of clear ones. Found a couple of ambers, but still less than 1% amber (that's fine). The next plant after that should be ready not much longer after, probably ~2.5 weeks for that one. And probably ~4 weeks for the larger force flowering specimen.

The buds are not super compact, but they are moderately tight.

Floral clusters of calyxes covered in resins with many hairs protruding, signs of increased pistil whithering in the most mature specimen.

I am inclined to take a sample cut and test the waters. Clearly these flowers are not anything like traditional modern day hybrid strains with the floral structures. Smelling of the terpenes resembles multiple things, one way to think about it is "Lemon Pinesol" or "Lemon Tart" I detect much less spice, the flavors are dominated by pine, and acidic lemon flavor.

Small signs of fox tailing are starting to occur in the tips of some flowers on the most mature specimen, this is another indicator that we are approaching my harvest window for that plant. I am going to juice them up with the 0-8-1 solution grade bat guano by Earth Juice to put the icing on the cake.

I should mention that I previously fed the force flowers with a full strength combination of D&S Step 3 and SNS-604B. So I will do a 1-2 day flush using Final Phase flushing solution.

Additional LST was done to the female Blueberry x SM plant, I anchored her 2 respective fim branches outward so we now have 2 nicely symmetrical plants, one MW and one BB x SM. They are looking good, now I just need some Swiss Cheese to catch up and my buffet will be complete.

Plans to transplant these insanely vigorous KC-45 clones into 7 gallon growing bags, still not sure if I want to let them flower out for the extra bud or try to get seeds with CS. Ehh.. I could probably use a little extra bud this year because the yields are generally lower.

Big natural KC-45 still showing slight leaf tips being burned, some are a little bit necrotic, but over all its looking really healthy. She's definitely pre-flowered all/most of her sites. But she's still determined to put everything she has into growing out her nodes from branches I previously LSTed. The center boquet is getting pretty tall, it is about 6 inches from the vertical height limit, so I will probably tie that main tip forward and anchor it to one of the wooden stakes, it's not gonna look as good but it might have to be done. I'm really blown away by how the branching took place on the center boquet, can't believe the sub-branches took so well! The plant likely has a small phosphorous def. I am waiting as long as I can to give her the 4-5-4 Dr. Earth tea that will be brewed. Waiting till she decided to kick into flower for sure, don't want to run up all my precious nitrogen before the end. It should be duly noted that the pot the natural KC-45 is in is pretty damn small, it has to be less than 5 gallons as can be seen in the comparison picture.

I can say for certainty that I got the bang for my buck when I spent 25$ including shipping for the 10 regular KC-45 seeds (6 were female) that I got from Herbies last year.

Super stoked to medicate with some KC-45 :yahoo: :surf:

End of thought section

Damn nice looking plants Les. You never fail to amaze.

:bravo:

Thank you so much brother Josh! You have been an avid supporter since the very beginning! :thanks:

As a follow up...

here are some continuation photos of the KC in force flower as well as the various vegetating plants. I know the small little seedlings are going a little slow. Happy about the clones though! :slide:

IMG_28295.JPG
IMG_28316.JPG
IMG_28328.JPG
IMG_28335.JPG
IMG_28344.JPG
IMG_28354.JPG
IMG_28364.JPG
IMG_28376.JPG
IMG_28386.JPG
IMG_28396.JPG
IMG_28408.JPG
IMG_28419.JPG

Good morning, Lester, All looking green and pleasant in your garden. Now I'm starting to understand from you that it's not necessarily about following a regime, but about following the plants. Your real contact with them, as well as your practical knowledge, seems to me to be something to aspire to and something much more subtle and interesting than, say, reading a set of feeding instructions.

You help me begin to feel what real gardening is.

Thank you so much.
:circle-of-love: Mr Teddy

Good morning, Lester, All looking green and pleasant in your garden. Now I'm starting to understand from you that it's not necessarily about following a regime, but about following the plants. Your real contact with them, as well as your practical knowledge, seems to me to be something to aspire to and something much more subtle and interesting than, say, reading a set of feeding instructions.

You help me begin to feel what real gardening is.

Thank you so much.
:circle-of-love: Mr Teddy

Good Morning! Your comment.... I enjoyed it very much. You put the widest grin on my face :) Thank you for taking notice about my philosophy. You have lovingly been around my various garden threads and you have put the pieces to the puzzle together. I am so happy I could inspire you a little bit. You are certainly welcome and I'm so happy to have you apart of the community! Seems like just yesterday you walked in the 420 door.

Cheers buddy and Be Well! :Namaste: :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom