Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Also, do you think a drench like this would have adverse effects on a mychorize (like D&G step 1) ?
Thank you sir.

Don't really know how broad the fungicide spectrum is for the SNS. I like the fungus in my soil. Wouldn't want to put the whammy on them. They are mostly my friends.

Kinda like after you've been on strong antibiotics, doctor recommends that you consume some probiotics or yogurt to get the beneficials re-colonizing.
Yeah, I would say so! :thumb:

Don't really know how broad the fungicide spectrum is for the SNS. I like the fungus in my soil. Wouldn't want to put the whammy on them. They are mostly my friends.

The way I see it, slightly reducing the bacteria/fungal population for a little bit during the application period, in order to eradicate what is a detrimental threat to our crop (root aphids, fungus gnat larvae) was very much well worth it. There would be nothing I could do and my plants would be dead or severely hindered at best if I did not use SNS-203 to treat my infestations.

In fact, I woke up to a bloom of 15-20 inky caps on my runt Maui Waui, so it doesn't kill fungus and bacteria outright, at most it would slightly slightly reduce the population. And we know how amazing bacteria and fungus are at reproducing so it's just not a worry of mine at all.

I would also like to add a note for Spimp.

Sometimes I like to make a "super-drench", since the 203 directions state to add 2-4 oz per gallon (outrageous).. which is 60-118 mL per gallon. Normally I do ~ 30 mL per gallon of the 203 mixed with 2 mL per liter of the 209. So for me since I water with a 2.5 gallon watering can, I'd have ~45 mL's of solute dissolved into ~2.5 gallons of water (sorry for the british/metric variance)

The 203 is just worth too much money to use how much they're saying IMHO, and I have had good results using less than the recommended amount.

I think a 55 gallon drum is worth something like 3000$ retail.

OMRI Listed Pesticide - 203 Root Drench Pest Control ----> then clicking "Buy Now" you can see what I'm talking about.

Yeah, I would say so! :thumb:

The way I see it, slightly reducing the bacteria/fungal population for a little bit during the application period, in order to eradicate what is a detrimental threat to our crop (root aphids, fungus gnat larvae) was very much well worth it. There would be nothing I could do and my plants would be dead or severely hindered at best if I did not use SNS-203 to treat my infestations.

In fact, I woke up to a bloom of 15-20 inky caps on my runt Maui Waui, so it doesn't kill fungus and bacteria outright, at most it would slightly slightly reduce the population. And we know how amazing bacteria and fungus are at reproducing so it's just not a worry of mine at all.

I would also like to add a note for Spimp.

Sometimes I like to make a "super-drench", since the 203 directions state to add 2-4 oz per gallon (outrageous).. which is 60-118 mL per gallon. Normally I do ~ 30 mL per gallon of the 203 mixed with 2 mL per liter of the 209. So for me since I water with a 2.5 gallon watering can, I'd have ~45 mL's of solute dissolved into ~2.5 gallons of water (sorry for the british/metric variance)

We are on the same page, Lester. Weigh the costs against the benefits. We're always riding the see-saw. It all comes down to situational management in the end. A high value crop like cannabis adds a whole new dimension to the way we play.

Helps a ton. :)
I premix my soils and have been experiencing a few gnats. I use this soil as transplant soil into final pots so generally they are established plants.
The surface spraying technique is perfect. :high-five:
Thank you for the informative answer sir.
:thanks:
One quart h2o (I use tap), One cap of Hydrogen Peroxide, & a small drop of liquid Dish detergent > put in a spray bottle > Shake well > Spray the leafs & medium generously once a day for 3 days > Gnats & Larva gone.
I give you my word you'll be rid of your gnat problem...

One quart h2o (I use tap), One cap of Hydrogen Peroxide, & a small drop of liquid Dish detergent > put in a spray bottle > Shake well > Spray the leafs & medium generously once a day for 3 days > Gnats & Larva gone.
I give you my word you'll be rid of your gnat problem...

Nice home-made recipe, I'll stick with my trusty SNS-203 for now :)

We are on the same page, Lester. Weigh the costs against the benefits. We're always riding the see-saw. It all comes down to situational management in the end. A high value crop like cannabis adds a whole new dimension to the way we play.

Couldn't have said it better myself my friend!! :ciao:

The 203 is just worth too much money to use how much they're saying IMHO, and I have had good results using less than the recommended amount.

Hello R. Lester. During my last grow I started w/ a few gnats so sprayed 203 from a spray bottle. Worked ok for awhile. Gradually, they increased so I switched to drench application, 15 ml/gal. to start with, then up to 30 ml/gal. The buggers were winning the war! I gave SNS a quick call and was told to increase to DOUBLE or TRIPLE the bottle dosage. I asked if he was serious? So I went along with it and tried two more drenches at 3+oz./gal. but wasn't really comfortable with the SNS recommendations. Instead I applied some beneficial nematodes (used successfully in past), which did the job...at least until close to harvest when I started to see slight uptick in gnats again. SNS did send me a couple of comp bottles, which was appreciated. Just wanted to add my recent 2 cents on 203.

:bravo: Great SNS & D&S shares, Lester, very useful information :high-five:

you are like the 420-outdoor-Google, for information!:cheer:

your garden shows it!! Great pics of healthy plants, w/ a cool-cat!!:peace:
Thank you kindly trichomes! :ciao: :surf:

Hello R. Lester. During my last grow I started w/ a few gnats so sprayed 203 from a spray bottle. Worked ok for awhile. Gradually, they increased so I switched to drench application, 15 ml/gal. to start with, then up to 30 ml/gal. The buggers were winning the war! I gave SNS a quick call and was told to increase to DOUBLE or TRIPLE the bottle dosage. I asked if he was serious? So I went along with it and tried two more drenches at 3+oz./gal. but wasn't really comfortable with the SNS recommendations. Instead I applied some beneficial nematodes (used successfully in past), which did the job...at least until close to harvest when I started to see slight uptick in gnats again. SNS did send me a couple of comp bottles, which was appreciated. Just wanted to add my recent 2 cents on 203.

Thank you for your two cents! I too agree the recommended dosage is a bit too high. You did the right thing. Sorry to hear it didn't totally work, but the applications do need to be somewhat persistent. It may take 1-3 applications to eradicate the infestation depending on how deep they are. Glad to hear they did you right with more bottles too! :cheer:

I thought it was quite hilarious that they actually recommended (on this sheet I have which I can post) to collect any run-off during the drench and "strain any dead bugs" :rofl:

Good morning weed buddy. :high-five: This dam retirement is hard work. To many things to do. Your grow is so nice and your skills just keep growing also. Love coming here and viewing the beauty. Happy Tokerday Lester

Good morning weed buddy. :high-five: This dam retirement is hard work. To many things to do. Your grow is so nice and your skills just keep growing also. Love coming here and viewing the beauty. Happy Tokerday Lester

G' Mornings Herb :hookah: Hey thanks for the kind words, I think a lot of the credit goes to this KC-45 by KC Brains.... I once said I wouldn't purchase it again but I was totally wrong, I would seek out more of these seeds if I had to... I'm gonna try everything I can in my power to get these clones I have to be sprayed with colloidal silver and attempt to get seeds.

Another cloudy day, but its warm out there, can get sunburned even through the clouds. My force flowers should have some nice eye candy ready for Thursday, they're exploding with resin! Big KC in the tent totally recovered from the strings, looks like a completely new plant (cat still in front) :surf: Woke up this morning to another bloom of inky cap mushrooms at the base of my plants, I've noticed these things astronomically accelerate the growth of the fungus gnats. So I have to go out with my gloves and pick the mushrooms every morning, as well as spray the SNS-203 in the soil good.

Who would of thought, a land-race pure Sativa from Brazil would thrive in a locale with high humidity, clouds and cooler weather, what happens when you shine Sun on such a thing, beauty. :cheer: :circle-of-love:

Once again, everyone is welcome to take a peek at my general cannabis photo thread where I post pictures of plants and buds that were grown and harvested in the past. It doesn't cover any plants in this journal though :Namaste:

Relaxed's Cannabis Photos

:ciao:

Decided to do an update right now, don't care what day it is ;) Spur of the moment kind of thing. Just saw the plants decided they needed pictures taken of them. It's been completely overcast and warm all day and very very humid so I've been spraying the 244 on the foliage and 203 on the root zone. With the mushrooms blooming at the base of the plants and the humidity/temperatures this is when the bugs are at their prime. I have seen moths landing on my plants recently, these little ones whose larvae would be very destructive. Planning a Bt treatment in the near future. Luckily the mayhem doesn't begin until flowering. Ok only gonna cover the vegetating plants in the tent in this update, I'll save the force flower update for Thurweed day. Note the lighting is nice because it's not completely overexposed by the Sun, it's another reason I enjoyed taking these pictures. Few more notes, I took specific pictures of the big KC in the tent trying to emphasize the branching. There are 4-5 nice little sub-tops coming off the main top on those branches, I think during bloom this plant is going to be really sexy. Just need to keep up maintenance efforts big time. Hopefully this monsoonal moisture goes away soon, plants seem to be enjoying it anyway though. :surf: :ciao:

KC-45 Specimen #1 (non-forced)
IMG_266511.JPG
IMG_266611.JPG
IMG_26679.JPG
IMG_266810.JPG
IMG_26698.JPG
IMG_267010.JPG
IMG_26749.JPG
IMG_26759.JPG

Swiss Cheese
IMG_267110.JPG

Blueberry X Santa Maria
IMG_26729.JPG
IMG_267311.JPG

Critical (femmed)
IMG_26787.JPG

More regular BB x SM sprouts (wanting more of the purple pheno which is STINKEY)
IMG_267613.JPG

Back
Top Bottom