Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Great update Lester. Your flowering is way ahead of mine. I looked today and the white rhino are flowering and the chernobyl is showing a little. Have a good evening. :volcano-smiley: Oh yea I have had good luck with the azamax. Kills them dead :partyboy:

Good Morning Bill, thank you! I liked that update :popcorn: Yeah, flowering seems to be coming right along now :surf: I hope your plants start flowering right away too :Namaste:

looking sweet in here... man that crazy plant flowered FAST! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for stopping by Buck and for the kind reps message! :cheer: :circle-of-love:

What everyone else said Mr. Lester. Aloha! :peace:

Aloha OMM! :allgood::volcano-smiley::circle-of-love:

Hey hey Shanti Baba
all is looking wonderfully green and vibrant:goodjob::circle-of-love:

Aloha jaga. Much Mahalo :ciao:

Have a good Monday people :ciao: :surf:

Re-posts for this page of Plantzilla (KC-45 skunk pheno)

Frontal

IMG_32303.JPG

Side
IMG_32493.JPG

KC is looking really nice and BIG. I sure hope you have the pillars under control, you sure don't need that problem to continue. Happy Day Weed Lester. :cheer::cheer::high-five::volcano-smiley:

She's a beauty Lester! :)
Thanks toker brother! :)

I second that Lester :bravo: :bravo: She's a BIG beauty :yummy:

Thanks danish! She is making good progress. :cheer:

KC is looking really nice and BIG. I sure hope you have the pillars under control, you sure don't need that problem to continue. Happy Day Weed Lester. :cheer::cheer::high-five::volcano-smiley:

Thanks for the sympathy Brother Bee! Worms are hell. :lot-o-toke:

Death to all bugs that munch on pot plants!

I am still wondering why an 'autoflower' is behaving like a photoperiod plant.

I dunno, I am guessing genetic probability... It's not completely black and white in nature. Lots of crazy things can happen. None of the KC-45 (out of the 10 beans I ever had) ever showed any signs of the ruderalis. If it's actually a 50/50 cross between Brazilian Sativa and Ruderalis, clearly the genes that code for early-flowering/ non-photo sensitivity have been turned off. And so, I don't know the full story behind the truth of these genetics.

Donpaul.p got them to fully flower under 24/0 light indoors, although I don't know if he got the same batch of beans I did.

I do know mother nature has a way with things, and cannabis is so adaptive, I would not be surprised if it somehow calculated that given the amazing conditions being subjected to in my microclimate, it calculated that the best solution to guarantee survival of its own species was not flower, but slowly calculate the light meticulously like any other photoperiod plant.

Perhaps there are stranger things at work with the KC-45 than we currently know, maybe the ruderalis can be selectively expressed, like DNA that doesn't get expressed until later in life. Perhaps we will see it be a 60 day wonder pheno, even Buckshot was surprised at the flowering rate. We know that she is synthesizing flowering hormones very quickly. To recall, this plant has been alive since February.
As of today, she has been alive for approximately 6 months. :volcano-smiley:

Truly remarkable, the cannabis plant is. :Namaste:

Thanks toker brother! :)

Thanks danish! She is making good progress. :cheer:

Thanks for the sympathy Brother Bee! Worms are hell. :lot-o-toke:

I dunno, I am guessing genetic probability... It's not completely black and white in nature. Lots of crazy things can happen. None of the KC-45 (out of the 10 beans I ever had) ever showed any signs of the ruderalis. If it's actually a 50/50 cross between Brazilian Sativa and Ruderalis, clearly the genes that code for early-flowering/ non-photo sensitivity have been turned off. And so, I don't know the full story behind the truth of these genetics.

Donpaul.p got them to fully flower under 24/0 light indoors, although I don't know if he got the same batch of beans I did.

I do know mother nature has a way with things, and cannabis is so adaptive, I would not be surprised if it somehow calculated that given the amazing conditions being subjected to in my microclimate, it calculated that the best solution to guarantee survival of its own species was not flower, but slowly calculate the light meticulously like any other photoperiod plant.

Perhaps there are stranger things at work with the KC-45 than we currently know, maybe the ruderalis can be selectively expressed, like DNA that doesn't get expressed until later in life. Perhaps we will see it be a 60 day wonder pheno, even Buckshot was surprised at the flowering rate. We know that she is synthesizing flowering hormones very quickly. To recall, this plant has been alive since February.
As of today, she has been alive for approximately 6 months. :volcano-smiley:

Truly remarkable, the cannabis plant is. :Namaste:

Well said.

Yay, well then, I'm the first to wish Plantzilla a happy half-year birthday!! She grew big and strong, unfortunately she'll never make it to a year old :eek: ... I wish we didn't have to kill our plants in the end but.. oh well. But wouldn't it be nice if it were more like, a peach tree? It'd give you one good harvest a year and keep getting slowly bigger and bigger for years... ugh I have an overactive imagination lol, not to mention some serious ADD.
Goodnight Lester! Time for bed for me :)

Well said.

Thank you Josh. :thanks:

Yay, well then, I'm the first to wish Plantzilla a happy half-year birthday!! She grew big and strong, unfortunately she'll never make it to a year old :eek: ... I wish we didn't have to kill our plants in the end but.. oh well. But wouldn't it be nice if it were more like, a peach tree? It'd give you one good harvest a year and keep getting slowly bigger and bigger for years... ugh I have an overactive imagination lol, not to mention some serious ADD.
Goodnight Lester! Time for bed for me :)

Good Morning SG! :volcano-smiley: :)

Actually I was considering letting her live and see if she will revegetate for next years Spring crop. Would be nice to be one step ahead already. If I do that I would repot it into a larger pot with D&S Step 1. In fact, the Pine Spice phenotype has (I believe) started putting out some revegetated shoots and tissues. If anything it will keep my mind at peace during the winter knowing her stump is out there. :Namaste:

awesome update she looks great!! def gonna pack it on like donkey kong thats for damn sure!!

interesting about the genetics...thats a hard thing to put a finger on:)

good weeday to you sir and to your garden mates as well:):passitleft::passitleft:

I would extend that to most all nature's plants, amazing what a couple Billion years of evolution can do.

Absolutely. Shame that the human race doesn't seem to have got smarter. We could learn a thing or two by just shutting up and looking at nature's progeny. *looks for serious smiley with optimistic overtones*

awesome update she looks great!! def gonna pack it on like donkey kong thats for damn sure!!

interesting about the genetics...thats a hard thing to put a finger on:)

good weeday to you sir and to your garden mates as well:):passitleft::passitleft:

Hey thanks, I hope it produces a lot of good medicine with minimal drawbacks (a person can dream can't they? :))

As for the genetics, yeah, I dunno, it seems to me growing any other photo period plant would have served me just as well (though the genetics are exotic), I literally saw NO signs of autoflowering :rofl:

I would extend that to most all nature's plants, amazing what a couple Billion years of evolution can do.

Totally dittoed brother! :volcano-smiley:

Absolutely. Shame that the human race doesn't seem to have got smarter. We could learn a thing or two by just shutting up and looking at nature's progeny. *looks for serious smiley with optimistic overtones*

We try....:volcano-smiley:

Lovin that k.c., my venus flytrap apears very sativa on her fist sets of leafs, but the mystery seed seems to be dampining off.

Venus fly trap huh? Was thinking about my giant broccoli plant that the birds land in and pick the seeds out of the "broccoli beans". If somehow we could hybridize the carnivorous plants with the broccoli, the plant would be constantly devouring birds left and right. Gigantic plants that eat animals.... they must exist somewhere :surf:

Good morning herb Lester. Autos kind of do there own thing in the outdoors. Out of the 7 I had growing this year the last one I chopped was at 120 days and the first one was at around 90 days. True I did take the first two a little early in it's development but it was still late as far as the breeder goes. These are 60 to70 to 80 days. Then there is the one that was suppose to be a bubblelicious and I have no idea what it is. It started flowering about 2 weeks ago and is growing buds. Oh well. There wasn't much of a difference between the greenhouse and the outside. The last Northern Lights that was outside was the best one. It is really nice to harvest in the summer and not fight the finish in the fall.

Weekly Update

Hi guys :ciao: For this update I'm gonna write a little caption/comment on top of each photo to help explain the varying situations. Enjoy! :volcano-smiley:

Small plants group shot, consists of Swiss Cheese, Maui Waui, KC-45, and Blueberry
IMG_32665.JPG

Blueberry Phenotype #1
IMG_32678.JPG

Blueberry Phenotype #2 (no purple flowers yet... oh well lol)
IMG_32684.JPG

Maui Waui from Nirvana (a little bit leafy)
IMG_3269.JPG

KC-45 Skunk Phenotype "Work of Art" (1 plant - some branches are larger than some entire plants )
IMG_32702.JPG
IMG_32714.JPG
IMG_32724.JPG
IMG_32734.JPG
IMG_32746.JPG
IMG_32755.JPG
IMG_32769.JPG
IMG_32776.JPG
IMG_32783.JPG

Lastly, in this photo you can clearly see the new re vegetative growth taking place on the already harvested KC-45 Pine Spice phenotype, gonna be interesting to see what happens with it :surf:
IMG_32792.JPG

That's all folks :volcano-smiley: :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom