Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

Ok here we go. This
1510030-f08ac1f895278bc79d6dc00766dc6eac.jpg

Turned in to

1513233-317ccacc77d75ea019116148bcc47c2b.jpg

This.
Last plant of the previous grow. 6 other strains are in week 6 of flower and are doing well. Some got water some didn't. Wow! interesting stuff LMAO.
I learned early on plants don't need a whole lot of help from me. I find it best to leave them alone though I have been known to stare at them for long periods. So while I can do now more for then today I will turn my attention to the task at hand.
I have clones from this plant
1511190-b885e7b4cec011f9159a037a4cb6b3d3.jpg

The plan is to reverse one to self this and one other set of Purple Betty clones. This is one of my favorite strains so I am going to make female seeds for simplicity. So that means I am going to have female pollen. The pollenated plants will be grown along with my next grow. That is the problem. If I have the opportunity to make a hybrid if one arises what do I want that grow to be.
I know of and hate mediocre weed and strains. So I will not just make some random hybrid. The plants have to be worth the time and energy. Every strain has its special plants. Its those special plants that you want for breeding. Its what plants do I want to give a chance to show me something special. There are so many things to consider when you dealing with 10 or 20 strains. It gets a little overwhelming when you have over a hundred to choose from. Lots of people think it is great to have tons of strains. With ownership comes responsibility. So having them is nothing if they are not used.
Here is where I sit as of now. My favorite strain is Blueberry Headband. I have finally got some so that one is a shoe in. Now I must choose strains that will fit my needs and also give me chance to find a special plant for a hybrid. 9 plants is all there is going to be. 3 will be sativa and mostly sativa the rest will be hybrids and indica. I am torn between finding like type strains that would blend well. Or finding radicle terpene profiles to blend.
It seems this line up is changing daily and will tell the day I get seeds wet. If the line up started today here is what it would be.
Sativa
2 Super Silver Haze
1 C-99 ( Grim Brothers )
Others
2 Blueberry Headband
2 Chem
1 M.O.B.
1 Misc. to be named later
The hard part is that these greats strains are on the bench and sound pretty good also. Tangalope, Afgooie, Acapulco Gold, Bubblegum
Buddy I love anything blueberry down to last crown mug form my order on weedbay .

Loving your thought man.

I look at it hybrid and think I like. A good 70/30 or 60:40 sativa being the higher ratio. Sativa more hemp more cbd . If not mistaken .

Nonetheless try reserva privada I believe for headbands strains . Blue headband sounds great . I just grew 818 headband last winter . But could have done better at growing it.

Heavy hitter for yield too.

I like the "game" of growing. I like to try and figure out what I've done wrong, or what I've missed. I do hate when I diagnose wrong, and someone else makes the right call. I want to be right, but we can't be right all the time.

I'm interested in creating feminine seeds from the autos I have (CS) and also breeding. The main problem I have with breeding is the possibility of creating unstable genetics from poly hybrids. That means I'll have to have photoperiod plants to be part of the breeding process if I understand correctly. I haven't researched enough about breeding to be educated to all of it. But I am interested. I'm just not far enough down the road to dig that deep yet.
I’m learning myself maybe being here we can learn more

Glad to have you. I would say there is a little of everything here but it is mostly fishing and growing LMAO
Well not much for fishing these days but still enjoy going when I do . But growing you got me on that one love is an understatement. Just need my brain to be able to understand things better .

That's all part of the journey. The more you grow the more learn PLUS the more you get confused LMAO.
Haha that’s right confused lol

That’s me in the back of the room like there he is lol

Buddy I love anything blueberry down to last crown mug form my order on weedbay .

Loving your thought man.

I look at it hybrid and think I like. A good 70/30 or 60:40 sativa being the higher ratio. Sativa more hemp more cbd . If not mistaken .

Nonetheless try reserva privada I believe for headbands strains . Blue headband sounds great . I just grew 818 headband last winter . But could have done better at growing it.

Heavy hitter for yield too.

I am using the 707 Headband from Humboldt. It was the first one I tried and was very happy with it. So much so I purchased it again. I will be purchasing it again tell I am sure I have plenty in seed form.

Yeah man just giving other good banks to consider man . Never knew if we don’t try stepping outside of box right

Those were 2 different pheno's. The topped one had smaller trichomes and better blueberry smell. The Untopped one is the winner. It has huge sugar crystal size trichomes. It is the one I will pollinate with the Blueberry.While Blueberry is great on its own it is still lower in THC then some of the big strains now days. A cross back to the Blue Dream might make a stronger Blueberry. Something in the 25% range would be perfect meds.
The Blueberry I am working with is from Old World Genetics. It is run by D.J.'s son I do believe but it is all D.J. Short genetics. Not sure where else they can be found but I got mine at James Bean Company

Old world genetics is still DJ shorts company I believe. Second generation genetics is JD shorts company. All of second generation stuff us crossed with DJ's blueberry. I grew out a 13 pack of seconds " purple terps" last winter. 9 female out of 13. Was really nice smoke but too leafy for me. I have couple more packages of JD's stuff. One is clown royal ( GG4 x blueberry ) and farmer's fire ( cherry pie x blueberry ). I just culled 2 of DJ's blueberry plants. I popped 2 and both were males. I don't have the space for breeding at the moment. One was gorgeous tho. It was painful to toss it in the compost. The dispensarys around here carry both DJ and JD gear. Second generation packs are really reasonably priced at 80$ for pack of 13

Old world genetics is still DJ shorts company I believe. Second generation genetics is JD shorts company. All of second generation stuff us crossed with DJ's blueberry. I grew out a 13 pack of seconds " purple terps" last winter. 9 female out of 13. Was really nice smoke but too leafy for me. I have couple more packages of JD's stuff. One is clown royal ( GG4 x blueberry ) and farmer's fire ( cherry pie x blueberry ). I just culled 2 of DJ's blueberry plants. I popped 2 and both were males. I don't have the space for breeding at the moment. One was gorgeous tho. It was painful to toss it in the compost. The dispensarys around here carry both DJ and JD gear. Second generation packs are really reasonably priced at 80$ for pack of 13
Why I don’t like growing photos besides this is my first one lol scary all the time and hopes come crashing down .

Thanks! It was really good smoke. But I had 3 phenos. That one was the least leafy. The other 2 were allot more leafy. None were really good yeilders. Average 2 oz per plant with a longer veg time. I only kept cuts of a few and those ended up from the super leafy phenos. I donated those to a friend. I have to say DJ's son JD is the real deal tho. At 80$ for 13 regs is really far

Not a problem. Never said the Random thought had to be mine. Great info. The only true Blueberry I had was years ago and it was very leafy. One of the reasons I have not bought any of the stuff I have seen lately. Buds back then looked and smelled different. While I have found great Blueberry smelling weed. Blue Dream is one of the best. The Blueberry I had years back had Blueberry in the flavor and not in the smell. It wasn't called Blueberry it had no name at all. 4 different oz's in a 1/4 lb. Grown indoors in Boulder Colo. When smoking that one I found a very distinct aftertaste on the exhale. Checked and double check the flavor. The color and bud formation was exactly like the Blueberry pics I had seen. Type of high, flavor, and smell were all what I would expect from D.J.'s Blueberry. I had grown F-13 by then at it had similarities.
So to tell the truth I don't know it is Blueberry or not. I wouldn't know any more if it had been called Blueberry. I am basing this only on what I have read and learned about Blueberry over the years. Going to have to grow this one for myself. At 9 females out 13 seeds. I might be dreaming to find a male in a 7 seed run.

Back
Top Bottom