Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

I am growing the 707 from Humboldt. Out of a 5 pack. I get at least 3 great phenos that have the right high. The others are still good plants they just might lack flavor or the Headband high.
The 818 from Reserva Privada would also be a good choice. Costs more but is probably worth it.
Thanks man, I will check them both out and let him know what I find. Do you think there is much difference between the 2?

Shouldn't be to much difference. The 818 might be more indica dominant. I know there is a indica domanate Headband out there not sure which one. Headband is known by the high more than anything else. The sour taste is great but it is the High that matters. I can't see Reserva Privada putting it out if it didn't have the right high.

Who how time flies. Time to start new seeds. I have reviewed this grow over and over. Pretty sure I got it right. Most was easy. This has turned into more of a Dawg grow then a Og. Because of this I am still not sure about one strain. The Jesus Og was the original plan. Not so sure on this one yet. The major change came in the fact that I had 4 Snowdawg reg. seeds. The plan was to make some regular beans with the Chemdawg. I want to have a stash of Chem genetics. I like the Snowdawg more because it keeps in line with the Chem flavor and smell. So I wouldn't be using the Jesus Og males anyway. The JC 2 male can be used for everything if I don't like any of the Snowdawg.

Now I don't have to run a regular strain but I still might. So many strain to choose from. All the strains I really want to try now are regular strains. So F**K feminized LOL. Here are the main contestants Any help would be appreciated.
9 lb Hammer, TGA
Ganesh, Mandela
Orange Hill Special, Sensi

Flower time on everything else is a bit long to try right now. Nothing over 9 weeks so I have wiggle room.

After a quick search of both strains that Ganesh by Mandela is the one id go for. The way its described is exactly the buzz ive been searching for, but the Orange Hill Special sounds amazing as well. An orange skunk scent and sweet citrus flavor doesnt sound to shabby. Hard choice my friend.

As for the seed crop I tried to make this run. I pollinated the regular hybrids really early so I seeds could finish in normal time if possible. This is how things look as of now. All these have the same JC 2 as the father.

Super Lemon Haze. I only did one branch of this one. It looks to be making a few seeds at least. Not as much lemon in this pheno as most the other SLH I have grown. It may come later as lemon is showing up now. Still it is a great plant. Big buds great structure lots of frost. I am going to be happy to have what few there will be.

The Headband is also doing Ok. It has the sour smell I want and plenty frost so I am sure it is going to be good. I just don't know how many seeds it is making. I see a couple at least. ( I hope) That is all that really matters. If I can get at least 10 or 20 seeds from each hybrid then I have a good start at least. If I had one that I wanted to produce lots of seeds it would be this plant.

Genius is another that should be nothing but great. "IF" seeds show up. This is another one that I think it is making seeds but I don't know for sure. Pollinated early the buds have grown around most of the pollinated pods. I don't see very many in this one damn it. Most seeds will be inside so there is still hope. This is a huge Question mark.

Glueberry. Now this plant is pumping out seeds. It is the plant that is making me question all the others. I know I am going to get plenty of this one. Don't know how good the mother is yet so I don't know what to expect from the high. It does have the GG sour smell so that is a good thing. Plenty of frost and it is finishing early. All good signs.

Chocoloco. There is going to be 100's of seedsfrom this hybrid. I really liked the Chocolate Thai high of the Chocoloco. I would just like it stronger and more on the sativa side. The JC 2 could bring that out and much more." Will" it is the key here.

Jacks Cleaner 2. I did have that small hard starting female of Jacks Cleaner 2. It was to small to have a place in the flower tent so it went to be seeded way early. Because of this it started making seeds from the start. Kind of hard to tell how many trichomes they will put out when they find pollen early. They really pack it on if pollen isn't there. That's the whole idea. This little guy is still packing on the trichomes and the seeds. 2 solid branches of seeds. All 10" of it. These are F-2's so who knows. There will be a winner somewhere, Just how long will it take to find it. I am going to have Jacks Cleaner something at least.

That's it for the regular seeds I tried to make this run. Feminized are a lot more questionable I will cover them in a few days

After a quick search of both strains that Ganesh by Mandela is the one id go for. The way its described is exactly the buzz ive been searching for, but the Orange Hill Special sounds amazing as well. An orange skunk scent and sweet citrus flavor doesnt sound to shabby. Hard choice my friend.

LOL see what I mean. The Ganesh sounds so good I am going to have to wait on it. Best to grow them all when I do.

The 9 Lb covers me if the Killer Queen isn't great nighttime weed. (So hard not to run Purple Betty LMAO)

That leaves me with the Jesus Og or the Orange Hill. Of these the ones I am most willing to be without in the future is the Orange Hill Special. I am only doing 5 so that will leave me some for later if I chose them. Not so much with the Jesus Og. It is a one shot thing with them.

I have the Agent Orange that I had planned to be my Orange strain. It is still my favorite. I got the O.H.S. just for the Orange genetics. My only problem with it is how did they get a 20+ percent THC strain. From 2 16% strains. Orange has never been known for power. So crossing 2 orange strains might give you better orange. How does it give more THC? It is possible for a hybrid to be stronger than the parents. I just don't know if I see it happening with the 2 strains they used to make Orange Hill Special.

I have plenty of strong strains so it doesn't need to be strong just good. I do believe the Jesus Og has a better chance of meeting 24% then this one does of hitting 21%. No problem with a 19% orange strain. I just don't want a 16% strain unless I planned to grow it.

I also know that a strain does not have to have 20+ percent THC to be good. It is easier to smoke less than it is to smoke more. So I would rather start with strong LMAO.

With all of the genetics you have I dont know how you chose one lol. I would have a anxiety attack every time it got close to starting the next run! I understand why you would want to hold off on the Jesus Og if you only had one shot with it.

You don't know the half of it LMAO. Actually it is kind of easy to get the main part of the grow. 1/4 indica dom. 1/2 hybrid and a 1/4 sativa dom. It is the stuff in the middle that can be a bitch.

I am down to either the Orange Hill Special or just go with feminized strains. The strongest stuff I have is probably in regular genetics. It is just the timing is wrong for so many of them. Out of the 5 regular seeds I would be expecting 2 or 3 females. I might just start some females. I have some new Green Crack that I haven't tried. It keeps calling my name lol. There is only 2 so it is kind of perfect. This will fit in somewhere as the Cannalope Haze can be used anytime of the day. I have lots of strong I just need good.

I guess that sewed it up. Going to go with the Green Crack or Critical feminized. Decided while typing LMAO. Sour Critical is starting to interest me LOL. I still have the JC 2 male to be considered.

Critical it is. Wow that was fast only 4 sentences. Typing must help me think LMAO. The hybrid with the JC 2 cinched it. I keep thinking of my store bought genetics first. The outlaw female strains I have I know I like. I can put them in any grow. More times than not they are the best plants I have anyway. I plan to grow most tell the seeds run out. Funny how I considered all of them and forgot Critical. This is a great S-1 that has all great plants just different flavors and smells. All fruity so just like the hybrid with the Chocolco this gives me one more chance at sour fruit. Thanks for the help Orlando

Sour fruit mmm... sounds pretty good! Ive only tried the green crack 1 time when it first hit the market. Not a bad strain but certainly not in my top 5 either. Im sure it would work out great for creating a hybrid. Your journal is always so interesting!!

I am beginning to think I am bipolar. From the difference between my 2 tents it looks like different growers grew them. I learned a couple things though.

I need to keep a better eye on my plants when watering. Growing different strains it is hard to get feeding just right. Before I kind of just feed them all the same trying to straddle the fence.

My first mistake came from this. I had just watered everything when I noticed a few deficiencies on a couple of plants. By the time they needed water again it was lots worse. If I had just looked at each plant first them I might have caught it. After that I was playing catch up with these plants. I am now writing on the pot what food is given and when. No longer do they all get the same thing. As long as I keep track I can give them all just what they need. What these plants lost in that week or so is amazing.

One thing this did do good for me was give me a heads up that the plants in the second tent were going to want food. I gave it to them before they showed signs they needed it. Always before I have been a minimalist when it came to feeding. The difference in size between these plants of the same strains. Is amazing. I now have found my problems with production. Feed them and they will grow LMAO.

I know more about nutrients now than I ever did before. Easier to know what's going on now. Really funny how I improved everything else and stayed where I began with how I feed my plants. Not sure if the pictures do it justice but tent 2 is leaps and bounds better then tent 1.

We will start with the one you guys know. The big tent. As you can tell color showed up soon after smell on a few plants. They look ok but you can see still see the deficiencies. This tent got hit hard production wise.

For some damn reason I cannot upload the pic of tent that is doing good. I plan to do some picture taking with the camera so I will try and get one with it. Trust me it looks lots better then this one. For some reason It comes up with only the picture of tent 1. Every time I try and upload tent 2 it shows a picture of tent 1. I even went back and did everything all over again and it still came up with a pic of tent 1. I had deleted all those pictures so I have no idea how that happened.

What we know from it is that purple is here. Headband tends to have great purple fan leaves. They are really beautiful plants. Going to get some pics today but I hope this one stays pretty for another week or so. By then it will be darker purple and full of trichomes. While I didn't get the super frosty pheno like I had before. 3 out of the 4 plants have great sour smell. All plants with the right smell before had the right high. The one plant that doesn't have it is huge and full of trichomes. Just very little smell. I don't know what to think about it. Not tossing this clone before I try this stuff. Just because it doesn't have sour smell does not mean it isn't good. I haven't grown Headband long enough to know that all the non sour smelling plants are a lesser pheno.

Here we go I had to log out go away and come back lol. Here is tent 2

I am so proud of this tent. It shows just how much I have lost with my minimalist attitude. I will probably burn a leaf or 2 in the future. After seeing this right in front of me I can't deny the truth. I have been my problem the whole time. So I now need to step up use my mind and care for each plant as an individual.

Man both tents are packed full of bud, loving those purple fans. I do see the difference between both tents and now im rethinking my nute strategy. I to am a minimalist when it come to giving my girls nutes.
:welldone:

I sure learn this time. I have 3 strains that are in both tents. That's when it became real noticeable. All 3 are doing better in the fed early tent.

Timing is the biggest thing. Tent one would have been a lot better if it had all it needed to eat when it was making most of its mass. If that same week of malnutrition happened at a different time it could all be different. I just happened to screw up at the perfectly wrong time.

Man I wish I had that kind of square footage to grow in... I envy those that arent constrained by apartment life. Your girls look delicious.

I've gotten to the point where I am using maxibloom at 1tsp/ga watered up to 2-3x daily (depending on plant age, climate, and container size/medium) for every plant from the very beginning. I was under feeding all my girls to avoid burn, but they always looked starved.

In my world I have to keep the grow as simple as possible. Unfortunately that makes it hard to max out my strains' potential. The seedlings usually dont mind beyond a little weird fan growth on the 2nd node. Plants are coming out with more visible bulk since I quit pussy footing around and fed them. 1tsp is still lighter than the Lucas formula by about 1/4tsp but the sativas get mad when i heap my spoonfuls and since they are my pride and joy, I dont rock the boat.

If I remember, I will drop a couple shots of my micro-TTBs later on. I also have 2 Purple Afghani x BCBD Purps babies growing in micro-hempy to test them out, they haven't shown sex yet.

Nice. I haven't seen a TTB grown like that. It Looks like it is going to give you one huge bud LMAO. Feed it good at it will bulk up a lot on even a short plant. It's not going to get much taller now so she will put it all into bud. TTB adds a ton of its weight late in flower.

I have had a few apartment grows over the years. My first indoor plants were grown under 4' Fluorescent cool white 40 watt shop lights. It smoked and it was mine.

I do highly suggest not growing SkunK #1 and Afghani In a apartment without charcoal filters. In my defence they didn't make them back then. It still cost me a 1/4 of my harvest to buy off the maintenance manager so I could finish them LMAO. That was scary and my last indoor grow tell I started living in houses.

Lots of room is wonderful. I could fill the place if I wanted as I live alone LOL. Still being able to split everything up gives me a chance to grow males and breed. I won't be moving to a apartment but I am not going to have room like this. That is the main reason I am doing so much right now. I am sure some think I am crazy making all these hybrids without testing them. I know they all will not be good. I will have them though. You have to find great plants in everyone's genetics. I might as well look for them in my free seeds LMAO.

Ok the deed is done. Seeds are wet and the seedling spot is set up. They will be joining the clones under a 4' T-5. The clones are already loving the extra light and it has only been a day. That's the nice thing about setting up lots of grow spaces in different spots. Once you know what you need you can adapt it to the space you have. The only problem is that having lots of lumens everywhere runs up a already high electric bill. Can't be helped so why bitch! Just deal with it LOL.

Here is the newbies that took a bath last night.

Killer Queen, Grimm Brothers
Cinderella 99, Grimm Brothers
Cannalope Haze, DNA
Chemdawg, Humboldt seeds
Snowdawg 3, Alphakronik
Critical, My S-1
Green Crack, Humboldt
Alpha Dawg From a friend up Canada way.

Everything is strong genetics so this should be another good grow. The Big Question mark is the Snowdawg 3. I can find info on Snowdawg, Super Snowdawg, Snowdawg BX, and Snowdawg 2. No info on 3. That's weird as these seeds are a few years old. I have a few feelers out hoping to find out more. All the other Snowdawg stains have good reviews. I found one mention of 3 on the net saying it was the best tasting weed ever. I just need a good male to carry Chem genetics back to the Chemdawg I am growing. That is if I find out more good info and like the male I get. If not I will use the JC 2 male and hope for good Chem pheno.

Back
Top Bottom