Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

I like mine more and more with "Crop" LMAO. Hell with fancy smancy pics. I going right to the core. TRICHOMES In the end it is all about them so why not feature them. Tripod and timmers make these shots possible. Here is a most impressive strain that none of you will ever have LMAO.

Seedking Purps X Tahoe Og. Once you add enough light you can just let the trichomes talk for themselves. These next few buds will show you why you use Tahoe Og in a hybrid. This plant makes Genius look bald.

It is almost like there is a layer of resin all the trichomes are riding on. This plant has a great berry smell more like strawberry then the Purps. Still who cares no way this stuff is not going to be strong. I just don't know what it is going to do to me LMAO.

Here is a couple from a lower bud these always have such great crystal coverage.

I think you will be completely satisfied with most of your new crosses. Great genetics x great genetics should = something amazing. I can't wait to see you grow out some of your creations! I hope to get where you are one day, just not quite ready yet. I need to do alot more research and growing first lol.

That's the fun part. I grew a lot of plants before I ever tried breeding. Still don't know if I am very good at it. Growing out the new creations is the hard part. I am taking advantage of space now which is the main reason to breed now try later. I have plants in 5 different places right now. I just can't do this everywhere. Plus the drying time for all the seeds I really want to try puts them out for this year. While I have made lots of hybrids I really have high hopes for only a few. All the regular seeds will be interesting for sure. It is the feminized hybrids that interest me most. They were all done with certain breeding females. The Seedking X Tahoe Og just goes to show you why I am interested into what the Tahoe does to the Headband and the Tangalope.

Tangalope is really impressing me. As of now it is just starting to have a nice fresh lemon smell. Nothing at all like Tangy. That right there is a huge win for me.

Another point of interest. I mentioned Humboldt is sending replacements for the Chocolate Mint Og. Not much info goes along with this replacement LOL. Attitude says they will send them directly to me once they arrive. I just don't know what is being sent. I am going to laugh my ass off if they send me Chocolate Mint Og. Pretty sure I told them I could never grow it again with any confidence. I did mention I liked their Headband and the Blueberry Headband. I got to feeling bad trashing them so much over the C.M. Og LMAO.

Now we see what they send. I would like to mention. After all this time I still have a little of the Blueberry Headband. It is still the best tasting pot I have ever tried. Lots of flavors in there. 2 plants 2 different flavors. Both of them were great. I didn't grow these plants well so the strength issues are probably on me. Going to have to give this strain another go just to be fair. This much flavor I can work with. Even if I have to find a way to make it stronger. The JC 2 male keeps whispering to me it wants to meet Blueberry Headband LMAO.

Ooo I hope Jc2 keeps whispering those sweet nothing's in your ear lol. That would be a very interesting cross to say the least. I've been doing some research on the Tahoe Og and have found its used in alot of crosses.

Yeah it is pretty much just a pheno of Og. Then Cali Connection used the SFV Og to make it into seed form. A few years back when I started working with it. It was one of the strongest strains going. It does throw some great hybrids. The pheno I liked and selfed was a dank one and didn't have the lemon cleaner smell Tahoe is known for. It did go through hell and never hermie. It also had tons of trichomes that was all that mattered. The SFV Og while a great breeder it is the one that carries the hermie gene. You just can't get around it. It is in Og and could show up at any time. If your Og, Chem, Diesel strain doesn't ever throw a hermie it probably isn't real. A hermie in some strains are like males they happen. If I were to grow 10 regular seeds of the Tahoe Og. I would end up with males females and maybe 1 hermie. Some grows I get none. You kill them just like a male. Ok shed a tear then kill it. Still the same. It is not like you are dealing with tons of hermie. These strains can also show a few flowers if the plant is stressed. Take away the stress and trim the flowers off and they don't come back. That is the hermie genetic that is fine. They are nothing like what I ran into with the Chocolate Mint Og.

Now if some stupid ass person used one of those hermie Og plants and decided to make a hybrid with it. Then you end up with something like a C.M. Og. Just because you don't see your plant hermie doesn't mean it can't. Add a little stress at the wrong time and Boom there it is. A hybrid with this strain may not need any stress at all for it to hermie.

My Tahoe Og is sativa dominant also. At least that is how I feel the effects anyway. Not sativa like JTR or Cinderella 99. Just more up then down. It keeps my mind too busy to be used around bedtime.
That's exactly the kind of buzz I will be wanting this spring. I plan on popping a couple TOg beans after this current run. Did they show Hermie traits early on in flower or later. The strain I ran my last 2 grows would hermie no matter what I did towards the middle of bloom cycle Everytime. So I won't be running those ever again.

They all seem to want to show around mid flower. Just mother nature's way to say she got you again LMAO. After you know they are females and start looking forward to what they can do LMAO.

These will not do it every time. Unless something you are doing mid flower is stressful. One thing for sure. I never kill a Tahoe plant just for throwing a male flower at the crotch of a branch. Trim and watch for those plants. As long as they stay out of the buds it is probably just stress.

To tell the truth I don't remember just how many there are I just know that they can be there. The fact that I still grow it proves it is not that much of a problem. I also grow more plants at one time then you. It might make more of a difference for you. As with losing the C.M. Og I like to have like to have lots of plants so if I lose one or 2 all is not lost.

It might have been different if that guy had sent you Feminized Tahoe Og LOL.

:rofl: :laugh:
Every hermie I've seen so far in my garden start throwing nanners from the bud mid flower. I just take a pair of tweezers and pluck them out. The last one I ended up with 6 seeds out of 5oz, so not to bad. With the buzz you described it's worth the risk for me.

Seems like it's common with the more potent strains. Especially late in flower
I was thinking the same thing, every plant I've had that's hermied later in flower ended up being extremely potent. I wonder why that is?

So many of those great strains were accidents is why. Of course most will never admit it. I am surprised the people from Gorilla Glue admitted that they had a plant hermie that caused the first hybrid. Then a second too I believe. I don't know the whole story of G.G. #4 like I do with other strains.

Hermies happen then seeds happen. Most people never know because they are smoking bag seed they found in a awesome bud of one type or another. Ie: Chem and the others that came from the Grateful Dead weed.

It all ends up what a person is willing to put up with. Stronger the weed the more bullshit you will take from it. Same with Female humans. The hotter they are the more crap we put up with from them LMAO. (Sorry SweetSue if you read this).

Purple Urkle has is a extremely slow growing strain that is more freak then plant. It still got grown because of the flavor and quality of high. All strains are going to have their good and bad traits at times. It all matters how much we love them.

Plus when a strain is great it is going to get used. All the things good and bad go into its offspring creating even more questionable genetics.

That is the really sad part of the whole name thing. Back when you could get a idea of genetics from the strain name or its parents names. Then you could see what traits are going in. Knowing that some Og strains have hermie genetics does you no good because half the weed out there has a Og attached now days. Same with Kush I have seen Kush's that have no Kush in them LOL. Haze don't have Haze, and there is a totally new White that showed up and now has its own offspring LMAO.

So finding hermies through research is almost impossible anymore.It is all hit and miss just like with the Chocolate Mint Og. They were incredible looking plants when they went bad. I am sure it would have been killer weed.

Normally I stay away from any rebuilds during flower. This year with all the other differences I might as well change that too. I have to admit the new set up makes working with everything so much easier why not. Music sure doesn't hurt when it comes to watering and photo sessions. I put a block of music on last time I was doing photos. Low and behold Joe Cocker came on singing "You are so Beautiful" came on. It is a really great version of the song that I have always liked. Never before has the song meant so much to me before. Pretty sure he was talking about plants. I had the chance to turn it up early on which made it all the better. I highly suggest trying this song on your ipod next time you visit your plants.

Like I mentioned rebuild time today. Insulated 6" hose comes today. I plan to replace all my hose's with it. I have lots of hoses and lots of fans goingeverywhere. Any way I can curb the noise I might as well try it. Early on price was a issue so there was little choice when you have to buy everthing. Now that everything is going it is time to refine it. With 2 6" fans running in both tents noise is a issue. Not bad as I now have store bought Noise reducers on all lines. They do work pretty good. It doesn't do any good if the sound comes right through the thin foil covering. Maybe the insulated ones will help. They say up to 50% noise reduction. It does make sense to me that just the insulation will help. Plus at $50 for new hose for everything it was within my budget.

My 2 biggest issues with the new grow are noise and electric bills. By adding the 2 new air cooled lights I have had to add 2 extra fans. I could try and run the air cooled light and the charcoal filter off the same squirrel cage fan. I just don't know for sure how much air will go through where. Might as well bite the bullet and run both. Then I can deal with the other problems that can't be solved by cash. So if the bills are going to be higher no matter what. Might as well shoot for quiet. That I can solve.

I figure with all insulated hoses I will cut the last of the noise that can be controlled. It is still going to be there just like the bills, Still this should help. I now have to run charcoal filters at all times to control smell. 2 6" squirrel cages and a 6" inline fan all running at the same time can make a lot of noise. I have that constantly LOL so controls are needed.

And now it looks like I changed my font. On the run while typing. That is how bad I type. Now I can't change it LMAO.

How do you guys like the new look? If it doesn't revert back after shut down then it is not going away so none of us has a choice. LMAO

I see my font is back the way it was. I will never know what happened LOL.

I finished up changing everything over to insulated 6" hoses. It did help some. Not so much I am going to spend a more money to do the second tent. It took more than I planned to do every hose. (I like to cut them long so they can be used in multiple ways in the future.) Still it did work some. I have the sound fairly low already so it is hard to notice a small improvement. I was going to see if there was a decibel drop but forgot to try and download a app for it on my phone. Don't even know if they have one LMAO. It would have been a good way to see for sure how much it helped. If stealth is needed I would suggest these as they are better than straight foil hoses.

Everything is still alive and doing well. I will be starting to spray the clones to be reversed any day now. My choices are the same. 1 Genius and 1 Headband. I am doing whole plants for these males and females. I don't trust reversed females that much yet. If I do the whole plant I should at least end up with a few seeds. If things don't go wrong then I get lots. Still no big deal. After I get the seeds out I can still use all the weed for other things. As long as they are seeded early the seeds will finish before your trichomes become to amber. I need plenty weed for edibles so it's all good. Here are the proposed hybrids.

Genius x Headband
Genius x Tangalope
Headband x Headband
Headband x Tangalope
All should be good growers. I have high hopes for the Tangalope now that I know the Tangy smell isn't dominant. The true champion will be the Genius x Headband. I amusing my best Headband clone for it. I only have one clone from that plant of course LOL. Genius is a very special strain so I have no problem using it in a hybrid. Genius is not refined like Cinderella 99. Because of this there will probably be more variation from it. What it adds to the genetic makeup makes up for any variation problem. I still want to find a better Headband to self. I have plenty more seeds of it to look through. The Headband X Headband will just be backups. So the Genius gets the best Headband. That's the fun about being a opportunistic breeder. What I plan is not always what happens. The hybrid will be so much better as Genius x Headband then it would have been Headband x Genius. It all mixes together in its own so you never know what is going to happen. Still the Genius is a earlier finisher and it carries tons of trichomes like the pictures show.

I am starting to care less about having the strongest weed and more towards just what I like. I have found some great strains already. Combinations of these strains will keep me happy for years. I damn sure don't have to worry about 30% THC strains being better as there is none around here LMAO.

What a perfect way to have the best genetics ever. Just move to where there is crappy weed LMAO.

I can't wait to see the Genius x Headband and the Headband x Tangelope. I've heard from a good friend that headband is one of his all time favorites. It must be good if a guy that's been smoking weed from all over the world for the past 50yrs ranks it that high! Do you mind if I ask what seedbank I could find that Headband at? I know there is probably a few different breeders making their own copy of her.

I am growing the 707 from Humboldt. Out of a 5 pack. I get at least 3 great phenos that have the right high. The others are still good plants they just might lack flavor or the Headband high.
The 818 from Reserva Privada would also be a good choice. Costs more but is probably worth it.

Back
Top Bottom