Queen's Royal Green Garden

im glad your holding everything together qtl. yes i see what you mean about the fnc. ah well life has a habbit of presenting opportunities. it would certainly be nice for you to have a bit of surplus in the future and a friend with more money than sense, lol ;)

you certainly have your plan mapped out tho which is great, it doesnt really matter how long it takes to get there, merly that your on the path and in control =)

im glad your holding everything together qtl. yes i see what you mean about the fnc. ah well life has a habbit of presenting opportunities. it would certainly be nice for you to have a bit of surplus in the future and a friend with more money than sense, lol ;)

you certainly have your plan mapped out tho which is great, it doesnt really matter how long it takes to get there, merly that your on the path and in control =)

I love it when a plan comes together! Yeah it would be great if I could get something steady going. You got me thinking about another plan! Yeah us Capricorns usually think things through that's our practical side.

Watered the girls and loosened up their coco/soil a bit. Put a little peroxide in the water. Have noticed that 3 of the sprouts have yellowing leaves but they are not at the point that they should be getting nutes. I will post pics of them later before bed or in the am. I topped the fcj in about 4 areas. Otherwise everything is good. I wish there was more to report but no news is good news I always say!

Just got done with the catch up. Great to hear you harvested. :bravo: Nothing better than self medicating what you grew. :thumb:

I too am growing bag seeds, a friend gave me 139 beans, germed 50 and all sprouted. Now I got them all planted. So hoping for a pretty good crop. Not a bad start for spring.

Anyways just keep on growing. You are doing great.

Sorry I haven't been reporting or even commenting in other journals but I haven't been feeling too well. Seems like everyday lately I have been getting up feeling sick to my stomach. Not feeling good right now but I figured I would try to report in nonetheless....

Hey Sinful, good to hear from you. Wow you sure are growing a lot of bag seed!!!! I plan on getting back to good strains or at least keeping one or two. I have a fcj now that I will probably attempt to clone when she gets older. To be honest with you, I don't even know how many bag seed I have, just know it is a lot and in 3 different containers. From 3 different fncs so I guess you can say I have quite a mix. Sometimes it's good to get back to the basics, ya know?

The light was on for an hour during the GLR so I decided to peek in on the girls. What I have noticed is that only the ones that are in coco are having a problem with yellowing leaves, no issues with the ones in the mg. I think I may have over watered a few so I am going to just leave them be and try to figure out the yellowing leaves. And the ones in the mg seem to be doing quite well and have gotten bigger. I will take pics when I can get my stomach to settle down some.

I love bag seed. Whenever I hear of someone with alot of seed I all ways try to acquire it. As for me, it is a numbers game. Out of 50, Figure half males, a couple may start to show hermie traits, a few will be slow growers or sickly looking, 1 or 2 may out right die, so if I get 10 or so really vibrant plants I will be happy. Any more will just be a bonus.

As for you, I was so glad to read that you planted some in mg. Like I said before, coco can be fussy. And when you need your girls to produce, good old soil is usually all ways constant. I love that you are mixing it up and doing both.

I hope your coco girls get them selves sorted out and start acting right. Anyways just keep on going, all your pics show really nice plants that any grower would be proud to own.

sounds like nitrogen my Liege:circle-of-love:you may need to add some but I cant say with out some pcs.
but you got it goin on:)
hope you get to feelin better soon and watch your sugar:)

its good to have them at different stages you can get a perpetual grow going harvest a plnt every month and you wont ever go dry

thats a good idea GiG. reps

cant remember what your using for lighting off the top of my head, but i got a suspision that if i tell you that a 10w lightbulb is enough to take care of the GLR hour, you might save yourself a nice bit of electric money =)

I am using a 400 watt hps with the mh bulb in it, haven't gotten to getting another hps bulb yet. I am trying to think how that would be possible with the set up that I have though. I have the hps plugged into my analog timer. So that would mean I could put my 2 23w cfls in there for the hour? The reduction of wattage wouldn't cause the bag seed to hermie when they get older? I am still racking my brain trying to figure out how I can set up my closet. Haven't been able to make any progress yet mainly due to being sick to my stomach. And once it gets warmer, I will be setting some outside on the balcony but making it more stealthy if that is a word...lol

really I think GiG is on to something. its hard to hermi a plant thats in veg state. so if you have to pay the electric bill its a win win situation. makes good sense to me:)
I am using a 400 watt hps with the mh bulb in it, haven't gotten to getting another hps bulb yet. I am trying to think how that would be possible with the set up that I have though. I have the hps plugged into my analog timer. So that would mean I could put my 2 23w cfls in there for the hour? The reduction of wattage wouldn't cause the bag seed to hermie when they get older? I am still racking my brain trying to figure out how I can set up my closet. Haven't been able to make any progress yet mainly due to being sick to my stomach. And once it gets warmer, I will be setting some outside on the balcony but making it more stealthy if that is a word...lol

I love bag seed. Whenever I hear of someone with alot of seed I all ways try to acquire it. As for me, it is a numbers game. Out of 50, Figure half males, a couple may start to show hermie traits, a few will be slow growers or sickly looking, 1 or 2 may out right die, so if I get 10 or so really vibrant plants I will be happy. Any more will just be a bonus.

I don't have a problem with bag seed, using them to grow. I got caught up on wanting to try "good" strains. I will try to always keep at least one or 2 good strains going hopefully by cloning which I was good at in the past. But you are right about the numbers game with the males and about the bonus...

As for you, I was so glad to read that you planted some in mg. Like I said before, coco can be fussy. And when you need your girls to produce, good old soil is usually all ways constant. I love that you are mixing it up and doing both.I hope your coco girls get them selves sorted out and start acting right. Anyways just keep on going, all your pics show really nice plants that any grower would be proud to own.

Yeah, well getting the mg wasn't my original plan but it was better than the last bag of soil I had gotten. That crap is still sitting under my kitchen sink. I don't even know why I am keeping it really. But the sprouts in the mg are doing well and have even had some diluted nutes. And thanks for the compliment about my plants, I appreciate it.

sounds like nitrogen my Liege you may need to add some but I cant say with out some pcs. but you got it goin on hope you get to feelin better soon and watch your sugar

Lights will be on in about an hour and a half, I will try to post some pics after I finish cooking my dinner which is beef stew...Yum!!! My sugar has been high lately, been taking my shots. Been trying to think of what I have been eating that may have made it go up.

its good to have them at different stages you can get a perpetual grow going harvest a plnt every month and you wont ever go dry

And that's what I had been trying to do all along, Twelve12 was helping me until his departure. So I guess I stumbled around and did it myself. I have 12 plants but like Sinful said about the numbers game I am thinking of planting some more maybe this time mixing the coco and mg together. Someone had mentioned doing this before, I think it was Gig.

really I think GiG is on to something. its hard to hermi a plant thats in veg state. so if you have to pay the electric bill its a win win situation. makes good sense to me:)

I have no problem with giving it a try and seeing how it reflects on my electric bill...

basically there is a difference between enough light to make the plant think its daytime and enough light to turn on the 'engine' into full daytime production mode...your big lights are needed in production mode but in glr you only need to get it to thinking its daytime. an hour is not long enough to be of any real use to the plant, poor bugger spends a lot of energy starting up its factory lines and then has to shut them off again just as its getting up to speed..

this isnt a new idea of mine, plenty of mentiones of using lesser lights in glr...yes your 2 23w in there =) should save you 2.5 KWH each week, worth of electric and may even reduce the stress on the plant a little =)

basically there is a difference between enough light to make the plant think its daytime and enough light to turn on the 'engine' into full daytime production mode...your big lights are needed in production mode but in glr you only need to get it to thinking its daytime. an hour is not long enough to be of any real use to the plant, poor bugger spends a lot of energy starting up its factory lines and then has to shut them off again just as its getting up to speed..this isnt a new idea of mine, plenty of mentiones of using lesser lights in glr...yes your 2 23w in there =) should save you 2.5 KWH each week, worth of electric and may even reduce the stress on the plant a little =)

Sounds good to me, I will figure out some way to do that later on. The lights stay on til 6am. Then the hour light schedule starts at 11:20, closest I could get to 11:30....I'll keep you posted on the electric usage.

As promised pics of the ones with the light leaves. I hope you can see them, took pics with my phone. I will post pics of the others sometime tomorrow.....

0051028.JPG
0041079.JPG
0031159.JPG
0021229.JPG
0011220.JPG

PS: in case anyone was wondering, the beef stew was delicious!!!

im surprised people still find bagseed i havent seen one in alot of years

Back
Top Bottom