Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

With the lids, the regular snap lid will be perfect. I just run Homer buckets with the lids they have that just snap on, nothing fancy. I'll actually being using a cooler this go around due to not spreading out my inoculation and needing a few batches of substrate. As long as it keeps things out and the heat in long enough, it will work.

Awesome finally sumthn went right the first time lmao.

Hell yes those oats will work! I'll post the TEK when you are ready to make spawn.

Oh thank christ haha. This rocks now ill be able 2 grow for days lol. Thanx man for the help an quick responses tht was a life saver lol. Im running low on funds at the moment so glad i didnt get the wrong kind n have 2 go get sumthn else lol. But yea i managed to find a 55quart tote an unfortunately it has a black lid so jus guna have to improvise n cut out a slot on the lid. Good thing is its a durable thick kinda lid so will have a gud amount on the sides still to clip it shut but still be able to have a gud size window piece. So thats gud. But i think i mite have killed my spores in my one jar an the other 1 has part tht isnt getting fuzzy white but most of it is so i think tht one is gud but yea check em out

here is #1 she is doing the best so far id say about 2/3 of her has fuzzy stuff over the grains. So the jar should get fully inoculated by the time its done i wud think.

View media item 1795541
View media item 1795542
View media item 1795543
Then here we got jar #2 not doing as good as the other 1 so idk i mite have killed the spawn the other day i forgot the heating pad was on n fell asleep n didnt catch it till the next day so they got about a half to 2/3 of a day at like 98°f but jar#1 was kinda off to the side so i think thts what saved her by not getting as hot. So thts y i think i killed #2. But hey its all a learning process i dnt expect to be a perfect pro at this my first go round maybe my second one lmao but definitely not the first one hahaha.

View media item 1795540
View media item 1795539
View media item 1795538
Oh an here is the tote i got an i jus realized its not clear i cant remember if i needed the tote to be clear to i was so focused on finding one with a clear lid i didnt think about the body lol will this work or no.

View media item 1795544
An then here we got my 5gal busket to mix up my substrate.
View media item 1795545

That has to be at least 40 or 50 lbs.

N yup its 50 pounds of cleaned grains for $13.87 usd at blains farm n fleet.

View media item 1795517
Honestly the most expensive but important piece of equipment is a pressure cooker. If you have one of those the rest can all be done fairly cheap. People selling sterilized grains online are making a fortune once you realize it costs about $20 to make 50#.

Yea no shit man for real jus to get these 2 dam jars tht i found out i can make myself smh lol. But yea those 2 jars which only have 16oz each so jus 2 pounds for like 37 bux so yea ur gettn raped wen u by sterlized grains online i found out hahah. But yea glad i alread had the PC so jus guna sterlize everything myself n go tht rout then all i will need to buy atleast for the most part will be spores.

You'll want something clear, it makes it so much more easier checking on humidity and how things are growing without having to open it up. I'm not sure about the sides not being clear, never seen it done before.

Ok well i still got alil time yet to source 1 so hopefully we will be all gud by then lol. But yea thanx for all the help man much appreciated.

Hey guys, just an update, I shook up the Z jar, but I'm not liking how it's growing and I don't think it's the mycelium I'm looking for. It seems to just want to grow on the top of seeds and doesn't look bright white to me. The TAZ jar looks very white comparatively and fuzzy vibrant so that has promise. I did order a wickless alcohol burner, scalpel with blades and some agar plates. I'm fascinated with how cool spores look on agar and from what I've seen they grow FAST! I'll be building a Glove Box soon, @The Phantom should I attach gloves to 4" ports/piping, or just cut holes for arm openings. I've watched a few videos on different examples, I kind of like the gloves attached but it seems like it may hinder your arms and may be awkward.

Don't build a glove box, they only stir up air inside of them from the piston action the connected gloves and sleeves cause. They are meant to be ran with hepa filters to keep them clean via fresh sterile air. Just cut or preferably melt holes into your clear tote and call it good. Wear long sleeves and gloves when you're working inside of it, you'll be fine.

View media item 1795620
I melted my holes in mine using an old coffee can. I have 2 wire cooling racks to keep everything off of the table. I wear a long sleeve shirt that I tape my gloves to. I also use a lamp on top of the box to light it up better.

Don't build a glove box, they only stir up air inside of them from the piston action the connected gloves and sleeves cause. They are meant to be ran with hepa filters to keep them clean via fresh sterile air. Just cut or preferably melt holes into your clear tote and call it good. Wear long sleeves and gloves when you're working inside of it, you'll be fine.

View media item 1795620
I melted my holes in mine using an old coffee can. I have 2 wire cooling racks to keep everything off of the table. I wear a long sleeve shirt that I tape my gloves to. I also use a lamp on top of the box to light it up better.
That's funny you say that, i was just reading how the gloves could cause a vacuum sort of effect and is NO good. I'm envisioning myself tying my hands with duct tape like something crazy is about to GO Down! :rofl:

I found a coffee can that my son left in my garage from an old camping trip years ago. I almost threw it out, Looks like I have the melting tool. It looks to be a 5" can maybe, I'll measure, but it looks perfect.

*edit* 6"

Awesome man nice job. Hey i was wondering my jar tht has no action going on at all an its day 9 could i inject more spores frm the syringe into n wud those take off or is this jar grains no gud now?

View media item 1795748
View media item 1795750
View media item 1795749
Then here is the tote i ended up finding. I cant for the life of me find a clear tote with a clear lid its either one or the other lmao. So i jus got this an will cut the lid an make a nice size window while leaving enuf on the sides so the lid still closes.

View media item 1795613
View media item 1795614

I would shoot them up again. I just did it about 30 mins ago to one of my grain bags that hasn't shown anything.

Ok thanx guys will do now i got the sweet spot dialed in my cabinet i got the heating pad on an jus folded a towel over it an then i set the jars on the towel an covered with an black shirt lol. But its stays rite around 75.8°f to 77.6°f. An since i started doing it tht way the 1 grain jar jus took off an started gettn tht fuzzy all over so i hope it works out. Ill have 2 clean up an area 2nite an pull the old sab out then i can shoot up the one jar again an see how it goes. I cant wait pretty soon ill be having to get my substrate ready an then its off to the races an shroom town to toon town here we come hahaha. With my big bag of grains ill be able 2 make grain jars for days pretty soon im guna have 2 get acouple totes an jus get a stack of them going at once lmao. Man tht wud be freaking awesome lol.

I left mine inside my SAB overnight to cool as is, with the top on the dish in stacks of 10. Once I inoculate them I wrap the top and bottom together around the edge using parafilm and store upside-down (it keeps any condensation from dripping onto the agar). Other people just use plastic wrap. For long term storage wrap them and then put in a plastic baggie in the refrigerator. That's my long term goal here, to transfer all of my multispore syringes to agar, clean it up, and stored in my fridge.

I left mine inside my SAB overnight to cool as is, with the top on the dish in stacks of 10. Once I inoculate them I wrap the top and bottom together around the edge using parafilm and store upside-down (it keeps any condensation from dripping onto the agar). Other people just use plastic wrap. For long term storage wrap them and then put in a plastic baggie in the refrigerator. That's my long term goal here, to transfer all of my multispore syringes to agar, clean it up, and stored in my fridge.

So then with agar u jus what chop it up an into a grain jar then? Or do u jus put the agar right into ur substrate? Also whats the difference in doing agar versus jus taking spore prints an turn them into syringes n jus shoot up the bags or jars?

So then with agar u jus what chop it up an into a grain jar then? Or do u jus put the agar right into ur substrate? Also whats the difference in doing agar versus jus taking spore prints an turn them into syringes n jus shoot up the bags or jars?
Yes, you can either dump the agar into your grain spawn to inoculate or turn the agar into a liquid culture and inoculate that way.

The difference between agar and a spore syringe is with agar you can isolate the mycelium from any contaminates that might be floating around with it in the syringe. Syringes also have multiple spores vs a single sector isolate which gives agar more consistent yields. It's like a 10 pack of regular beans vs someone pheno hunting the 10 pack for a single pheno to clone.

Back
Top Bottom