Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

I actually just bought an alcohol burner, scalpel with extra blades, and plates. It was such a good deal, I didn't look at all of the details and there actually pre-poured agar plates. SCORE! I am still going to mix my own, but something to play with in the meantime. I have seen where you can use an old alcohol bottle as a flask, I don't drink much these days, but there is some Patron I could finish, nice size bottle too that would probably work. I may just buy the nice Flask, I haven't decided(about 40 bucks).

Corning/Pyrex are the way to go. The GL45 caps are supposedly the ones to have when PCing. 250ml might be too small, I've been pouring around 40 of the 150mm dishes with the 1L recipe of agar. This last go around I ended up with a dozen that all had a contaminate in the same spot (something was off with my sterile technique) so it was nice having plenty of plates to work with. I did buy 500 petri dishes for $60 so I can spare a few.

FYI: I paid $17 for my (2) 500ml flasks and just use the polyfill/foil as a cap.

Is all this available from the Zon ? My first batch I want to be as easy as it gets , Then I will try the agar in plates. Get some confidence first before going to TEKs that require more steps. I also need to get a Pressure Cooker

Zon or FleaBay. You will definitely need a Pressure Cooker for the future of growing. It's the first thing I bought when I started out. It's the most important. I picked up a 500ml flask for 10 bucks shipped and some parafilm. I'm going to buy a tote this weekend and get the SAB going if I have time. Chip away and getting everything together, I'm in no hurry.

How does this one Look. I know I will be needing a Big PC so I was looking at this one

Attachments

• Pressure cooker .png
    Pressure cooker .png
    659.5 KB · Views: 24
Nice size and actually a decent price for a PC right now with a lot of factories shut down and supply running out. The 3 pressure settings is nice but you won't need it for shrooms, everything I've ever seen is 15 psi. What do the reviews say? I just have a cheap Presto from a yard sale, does the trick though.

I have the 23 quart old bobber weighted Presto. I can fit 7 quart jars in, but it's tight. The 22 quart maybe do 6 jars which is still fine. I've seen the Presto just recently, for 125 shipped (jealous I don't have a gauge just 3 weights,but works all the same) on Fleabay, but they won't last(5 available and 1 sold in the last hour, they are a hot commodity these days), they were higher. I want to say I paid 70 or 80 bucks in the offseason(years ago), money well spent.

I like Presto, they have replacement parts if your gasket or plug go bad. I still haven't changed mine. I had one issue with a drip, I just thoroughly cleaned it for the next run, drip fixed. I clean the gasket area every time now with no issue. It wasn't a bad leak, just a slight drip, but a little dust/debris(It had been sitting for awhile) is all it took to get in between. There tanks tho', I like my simple weight setup, not much to fail other than the rubber parts.

Yes it is. I got it quite a few years back but still a steal. Garage sales and flea markets are a good place to look or was until this Rona put an end to a lot of them. It's also canning season for most people so that doesn't help.

If anyone plans on buy one and can wait a few months, I would. There should be more in stock and maybe cheaper or on sale with the holidays coming up.

I bought everything on the Zon. You can also buy pre-poured plates if it's something you just want to try out first.

Oh ok ill definitely have 2 check tht out. Thanx man i really appreciate all the help.

Oh on a side note check out the new glassware i got folks. It even glows in the dark so its even cooler now lol.

Corning/Pyrex are the way to go. The GL45 caps are supposedly the ones to have when PCing. 250ml might be too small, I've been pouring around 40 of the 150mm dishes with the 1L recipe of agar. This last go around I ended up with a dozen that all had a contaminate in the same spot (something was off with my sterile technique) so it was nice having plenty of plates to work with. I did buy 500 petri dishes for $60 so I can spare a few.

FYI: I paid $17 for my (2) 500ml flasks and just use the polyfill/foil as a cap.

Ok so can i reuse the petri dishes an plates and are those the same thing? An for the flasks caps u mean u jus stuff the opening with polyfill then wrap the foil over the top right? Ill have 2 re look at ur other post to see all what i should get to start out but is there anything else u can think of tht i shud need to start out?

Ok so can i reuse the petri dishes an plates and are those the same thing? An for the flasks caps u mean u jus stuff the opening with polyfill then wrap the foil over the top right? Ill have 2 re look at ur other post to see all what i should get to start out but is there anything else u can think of tht i shud need to start out?
They have glass ones you can reuse. You have to sterlize them each time before pouring them.

So for me, when I refer to petri dishes I'm referring to the empty dishes. When I say plates, I mean petri dishes that have agar poured in them. It might be a little confusing with the little plates of glass (slides) you use with a microscope. Slants refer to the tubes of agar poured on a slant to give more surface area.

Yup just that, stuff some polyfill in the top inch of the neck (making sure not to touch the agar mixture) and then wrapped with foil to keep it from getting soaked. Once you are ready to pour and in your SAB, you wipe it down, take off the foil, and with removing the polyfill you want to twist as you pull it out to kind of wipe the top as it comes out. It also makes sure you don't leave any threads of polyfill behind.

Make sure you have a rack of sorts for your SAB to keep the stuff elevated off your surface. I just use baking cooling racks, keeps everything a half inch off my table top. You can DIY an inoculating loop with wire. Make sure you have your gloves, 70% iso, and preferably a mask. An air sterilizer like Oust or Ozone is good to have to spray down the room before starting. You can either get parafilm to wrap your plates or cut an inch off of a plastic wrap roll to use.

They have glass ones you can reuse. You have to sterlize them each time before pouring them.

So for me, when I refer to petri dishes I'm referring to the empty dishes. When I say plates, I mean petri dishes that have agar poured in them. It might be a little confusing with the little plates of glass (slides) you use with a microscope. Slants refer to the tubes of agar poured on a slant to give more surface area.

Yup just that, stuff some polyfill in the top inch of the neck (making sure not to touch the agar mixture) and then wrapped with foil to keep it from getting soaked. Once you are ready to pour and in your SAB, you wipe it down, take off the foil, and with removing the polyfill you want to twist as you pull it out to kind of wipe the top as it comes out. It also makes sure you don't leave any threads of polyfill behind.

Make sure you have a rack of sorts for your SAB to keep the stuff elevated off your surface. I just use baking cooling racks, keeps everything a half inch off my table top. You can DIY an inoculating loop with wire. Make sure you have your gloves, 70% iso, and preferably a mask. An air sterilizer like Oust or Ozone is good to have to spray down the room before starting. You can either get parafilm to wrap your plates or cut an inch off of a plastic wrap roll to use.

Awesome man ok so for a shopping list i got telephone brand agar-agar, light malt extract, (2) 500ml erlenmeyer flasks, like 50 or so 150mm petri dishes, parafilm, and sum kind of air sterilizer like oust or ozone is that about right? Also for a pressure cooker if i remember right the size i want is 23 quarts or is tht wrong?

Ok so was on the zon looking an i found these flasks is this a gud deal? An will i only need 2 or could i eventually need more?

View media item 1796146
View media item 1796147
Then i tried lookn for the 150mm petri dishes but cudnt realy find em tht werent rediculous prices. So is it gotta be the 150mm or would these work?

View media item 1796148
Also i found these pre poured ones is this the right stuff?

View media item 1796149
An then lastly i was looking at the agar an light malt extract an was wondering what size bag should i get for the agar n LME?

Woot its party time! 1.6 grams of Golden Teacher to start with thanks to a great guy.. didnt realized dried shrooms weighed so much. Ive done over 2 maybe 3g before from the one time I bought them I think. Sorry to break up the learning, had to share. Nice new bong there blazin love the spider and webbing haha

Attachments

• 20201001_165532.jpg
    20201001_165532.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom