Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

Yes, you can either dump the agar into your grain spawn to inoculate or turn the agar into a liquid culture and inoculate that way.

The difference between agar and a spore syringe is with agar you can isolate the mycelium from any contaminates that might be floating around with it in the syringe. Syringes also have multiple spores vs a single sector isolate which gives agar more consistent yields. It's like a 10 pack of regular beans vs someone pheno hunting the 10 pack for a single pheno to clone.

Ok what do u mean by single sector isolate? Ill have to do some more research on agar an where or how to get it? Then from my understanding u can take samples from the meaty part of the cap right? An inside of the stem n wud u jus put it on the agar will tht work? Or do u jus sprinkle spores onto the agar?

Golden Teacher, Ecuador and possibly B+ or Mexican. I’ll inoculate 2 pound bags of grain then run them in monotubs

Awesome man i was looking at the ecuador at first but got the Golden Teachers instead for my first ones. Now im thinking about getting some albino a+ or maybe b+ idk which do u think are better? Or maybe ill get both n do a side by side n see which ones i like better. But yea man sounds like ur guna have a nice first run. Good luck brother with ur whole grow n hope they turn out gud for ya.

I’ve not tried the B+ yet, Golden Teacher and Ecuador were very similar. Nice visuals and very smooth.

Have u tried the a+ then or no? An thanx for letting me know the ecuador n GTs are similar so now ill make sure to check sumthn else first lol.

Ok what do u mean by single sector isolate? Ill have to do some more research on agar an where or how to get it? Then from my understanding u can take samples from the meaty part of the cap right? An inside of the stem n wud u jus put it on the agar will tht work? Or do u jus sprinkle spores onto the agar?
Multispore Injections are exactly that, you are going to get different looking fruits with Multispore on the same substrate. Agar allows you to isolate a specific strain where all the shrooms will be the same(or very similar in structure) and an even pinset which will outperform any multispore spawn since different shrooms, different harvest times usually and other factors. The best monotubs that have an even coverage are not multispore. What you are referring to above is taking a tissue sample(clone) of a mushroom and transferring to agar. Cloning is another isolation technique that I want to perform fairly soon. I want to also go birdseed to agar(versatile, most go spores to Agar to isolate right from the beginning), it looks like the Taz is growing nice white mycelium, still confused on the other one, My money is on TAMMED Out! I'm letting it go for experimental sake, but my instincts are tell me to dump it. I'll know when I open the lid, mushroom spawn smells like... WELL... Fungus. :rofl:

Multispore Injections are exactly that, you are going to get different looking fruits with Multispore on the same substrate. Agar allows you to isolate a specific strain where all the shrooms will be the same(or very similar in structure) and an even pinset which will outperform any multispore spawn since different shrooms, different harvest times usually and other factors. The best monotubs that have an even coverage are not multispore. What you are referring to above is taking a tissue sample(clone) of a mushroom and transferring to agar. Cloning is another isolation technique that I want to perform fairly soon. I want to also go birdseed to agar(versatile, most go spores to Agar to isolate right from the beginning), it looks like the Taz is growing nice white mycelium, still confused on the other one, My money is on TAMMED Out! I'm letting it go for experimental sake, but my instincts are tell me to dump it. I'll know when I open the lid, mushroom spawn smells like... WELL... Fungus. :rofl:

So i jus take a spore print from a certain shroom tht i like an jus scrape some of the spores on to the agar an tht will allow me to get ones tht will all look an grow like the one i took the print from right? Also what is the easiest or best kind of agar to work with for my first time? Just wondering what would give me my best chance at success. What way wud be best to isolate a certain type taking tissue samples an cloning or doing print to agar?

Thanks @JohnnieJC3 for answering that. I had to actually go into work today so no phone fun time for me. Now I'm home rolling up a fatty and heading to the backyard garden.

On a separate note I was colonized enough in the Treasure Coast to break it up and give it a good mixing.

I was actually jus reading about mushrooms 2day an came across the Treasure Coast ones an it was saying tht this one was already a fairly potent strain an tht some can even turn albino an tht those ones are even more potent. Do any of urs look albino or they jus tht light brown almost carmel colored it looked like in the pics i was seeing an was like hmmmmmmm mushrooms (in my best homer simpson voice) hahaha.

If you go from a Multispore syringe or a Print, you are back to square one(meaning spore prints are just spores(mixed genetics), until isolated on AGAR, or cloned later). IF you clone a mushroom, they should all look the same and or similar yes. If and when you get some clean spawn, we are hear to help so don't feel overwhelmed with the entire process. It's not as hard as it sounds, Cubes are pretty easy to grow.

If you go from a Multispore syringe or a Print, you are back to square one(meaning spore prints are just spores(mixed genetics), until isolated on AGAR, or cloned later). IF you clone a mushroom, they should all look the same and or similar yes. If and when you get some clean spawn, we are hear to help so don't feel overwhelmed with the entire process. It's not as hard as it sounds, Cubes are pretty easy to grow.

Awesome thanx man much appreciated. This sounds like its guna be alot of fun i cant wait till i cant start working with agar n all that. Ill have 2 start lookn where to get sum agar so 2morow i can order sum or the stuff to make it or whatever. What kind would u suggest i start with for my first time?

Do any of urs look albino or they jus tht light brown almost carmel color
I'm assuming my will be brown, I haven't grown them before and they weren't advertised as albino.
What kind would u suggest i start with for my first time?
I have been using MEA. 20 grams Telephone brand Agar-Agar added to 20 grams of light malt extract and 1L of water. Heat until dissolved, pour into your PC jar that you can pour from. I use (2) 500ml erlenmeyer flasks with polyfill in and foil on the tops. You can either PC or I steam in a pot for 40 mins, no less than 30 mins but no more than 45 mins or the sugars will start caramelizing. I'm not sure but I think the PC is 15 mins at 15 psi. Let it cool in a warm water bath to 120F but not below 117F and pour. Agar will start gelling up at 107F and 117F is about the minimum you can have it at and pour the whole thing before it gels. Pouring at the coolest temperature possible because it's not only easier on the hands, it also minimizes the condensation on the lid.

I'm assuming my will be brown, I haven't grown them before and they weren't advertised as albino.

I have been using MEA. 20 grams Telephone brand Agar-Agar added to 20 grams of light malt extract and 1L of water. Heat until dissolved, pour into your PC jar that you can pour from. I use (2) 500ml erlenmeyer flasks with polyfill in and foil on the tops. You can either PC or I steam in a pot for 40 mins, no less than 30 mins but no more than 45 mins or the sugars will start caramelizing. I'm not sure but I think the PC is 15 mins at 15 psi. Let it cool in a warm water bath to 120F but not below 117F and pour. Agar will start gelling up at 107F and 117F is about the minimum you can have it at and pour the whole thing before it gels. Pouring at the coolest temperature possible because it's not only easier on the hands, it also minimizes the condensation on the lid.

Ok i see this is guna be alil process to do lol n where wud i go to find this stuff? Like what kind of store or where online cud i order it from? Ill check the zon ill prolly b able to get the erlenmeyer flasks there as well wudnt I?

Back
Top Bottom